[Guide] Rolling with Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redtah

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitboy View Post
Having played Axe in Dota Taunt is an OBVIOUS choice to max out first, NO matter what.
I find the damage for ball useless and only pick a level early as i find having a quality shield more important. You will normally be the initiator, and without maxing shield after taunt will get you killed fast.

Analyse your opponents:
Ryze, veigar, annie
Get mercury.
get magic resist.
get banshees. if they get fed.

Ashe, Yi, Jax,
Get ninja tabi, and armor.

Your normal matchup might be mixed, then you go mixed.
However i find out pretty early who is getting fed and focus on countering them. (pick the correct boots)
I will ALWAYS get a MR item tho. I like aegis or Force after your first cape. Or the Revive armor. (Had all 3 last game, as it was caster heavy.)

Been awhile since I checked this but I'ld like to comment on this.

Taunt is definetly useful, but if your team is incompetent it loses usefulness. Powerball however is always useful for you, it helps you to catch people, it helps you to slow people which allows your teammates to catch up, its also devastating combined with tremors. at max level your hitting for 300. Powerball is the reason I get any hero kills and the only reason I catch someone running from me. The slow goes up with every level as well as the damage, makes it the obvious and best skill choice to me.

DBC is good to, if you want to farm jungle creeps early its really useful or if you just make sure to attack the enemy hero you can get creep kills in the lane with it.

Powerball > Taunt > DBC IMO

Redtah

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazriel View Post
Armor gives you damage. Getting +dmg items is a waste.
Armor gives you health. Getting +health items isn't a focus.
Armor does nothing to reduce magic damage. MR is important.
Mana. You use it. Regen is good.
Health. You have it. Regen is good.
Farming. Rammus is bad. Philosopher's Stone has 5g/10 and regen. Use it.
Guardian Angel. Good item. Get it.

My item build:
Regen pendant
boots
Stone
Wardens Mail
Upgrade boots to w/e. Ninja Tabi is good, swiftness aren't that great.
Usually Guardian Angel, 'cause it's good.

I have also found cooldown items to be extremely good on Rammus. Casting Taunt twice in a team fight wins games. Ulti is good. Using ulti more is more good.
Cooldown Runes are basically the best thing you can get for rammus besides HP/Armor.

As for Items, I don't think their are enough item slots to get very many worthwhile -Cooldown Items.

When I get more time aka not in the middle of an overloaded semester I will update this guide with the vast amounts of knowledge I've gained since writing it.

Sabin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2009

In my experience taunt is probably your most useful ability. Its your only way to lock someone down, and if used correctly, its your best chance at saving a teammate.

I usually go powerball, taunt, dbc, then taunt > powerball = dbc.

As for items i've been toying with mana manipulator first, especially when in a premade,
-whichever boots fit the situation,
-sunfire,
-MM -> soul shroud
-then depending on sich - 2nd sunfire or something with MR + health
-Stark's fervor (as the tank you can stay up longer thus providing the team benefit the most. )

Malleus Deum

11-13-2009

i liked this build i tend to go taunt and support tank rammus though. i get taunt defense curl first max them then go other places. also with items i get Guardian Angel, Ninja Tabi, Aegis of the Legion, Atma's Impaler, Sunfire Cape and finnaly which is kinda a shock i get Madred's Bloodrazor or Banshee's Veil/Warmog's Armor. i get maybe 10 kills a round but i get tons and tons of assists and am usually run from.

DuifOpDeDam

01-24-2011

randium's omen + 500 armor = win

CheerUpEmoKids

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2011

Rammas in a lane = fail Should always jungle.

Bananamartyr

01-24-2011

Notice the post dates on this? 2009 x.X All the info in this thread is completely inaccurate now with all the changes.