[Guide] Rolling with Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delta

09-07-2009

I play rammus a lot, and I find my self often going for taunt at level 5 (perhaps even earlier). It's a very effect skill at defending towers, and punishing those who get too close (especially if used with exhaust).

I also find myself going for a banshee veil as my first (or second to boots) item, and stacking sunfire cloaks after.

Krald

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesteve View Post
explain to me how a permanent increase of 325 mana and 425 health and that same amount on level up isnt huge?
i try to run out of mana early game and then i level up and get it all back
I dont think you have tried it

I dont like cleanse because it is no where near as helpful as flash for killing or escaping ryze prisoning me for a few seconds. the amount of times that cleanse can save your life or get you kills compared to flash.. ill pick flash everytime
I guess i will have to try ghost.

I dont defensive curl in that situation its an option rather then it always being there.
My point is that consistent regen that is all you need for the entire game>health and mana at that level.
Obviously I get health from shield (which is at start) and from sunfire (which is afterwards)

No, I havn't 'tried' it, but its been obvious to my many games of just completely dominating and never running out of mana (or health) that chalice is the better choice.

I can see your point with cleanse, honestly I just take it for the reduced cd than flash has and just because i want to try to actually NOT use flash on a hero -.-

Zeyk

09-07-2009

Catalyst is a good item on the way to Banshee's, but I wouldn't get it otherwise IMO. It loses too much value as the game goes on.

stevesteve

09-08-2009

That's why you turn it into banshees I'll try chalice though , i tried tear of the goddess a few times it is overkill

2xHero

09-14-2009

I usually play similarly to your high-offense build. A couple item suggestions I have:
Warden's Mail - this item seems as if it was made for Rammus. It gives you armor, health regen, and a slow that is activated by being attacked. This works so well with taunt.

Also, getting Spirit Visage or Mercury's treads for magic resistance. The advantage of Mercury's treads is that you need boots anyway, and the extra movement from boots of swiftness seems unnecessary. It also does not cost much more than boots of swiftness and reduces duration of CC. The advantage of Spirit Visage is that relatively inexpensive and reduces cooldowns.

Redtah

09-15-2009

After reading some comments and playing a bunch more games as Rammus theres actually alot of legitimate advice in here that I'll have to add to my guide when I get the time to go through it all.

Taunt is so useful early on taunting a hero while they are near a tower is near certain death for them with a powerball soon after. I used to do this all the time without thinking about it but with someone mentioning it as the reason to get taunt I've started doing it alot more early game.

Armor/Magic Defense Items are pretty awesomely useful more useful then I originally thought. I'm not sure if its more useful then Health, it probably isn't unless your taking damage from multiple sources.

Rushing Catalyst and banshee veil? Probably the worst thing I've ever done. no regen made my time playing that game absolutely miserable.

Nitboy

09-17-2009

Having played Axe in Dota Taunt is an OBVIOUS choice to max out first, NO matter what.
I find the damage for ball useless and only pick a level early as i find having a quality shield more important. You will normally be the initiator, and without maxing shield after taunt will get you killed fast.

Analyse your opponents:
Ryze, veigar, annie
Get mercury.
get magic resist.
get banshees. if they get fed.

Ashe, Yi, Jax,
Get ninja tabi, and armor.

Your normal matchup might be mixed, then you go mixed.
However i find out pretty early who is getting fed and focus on countering them. (pick the correct boots)
I will ALWAYS get a MR item tho. I like aegis or Force after your first cape. Or the Revive armor. (Had all 3 last game, as it was caster heavy.)

davemaister

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtah View Post
[Guide]Exhaust: never really used it why slow someone when you can do that already and just pop ghost?
exhaust is not just a slow it also prevents the target to attack you such as yi or ashe and twitch think of it as an extension of your armor buff

thesoviet

11-01-2009

Rammus is my new main. He's such an awesome hero. Anyone have any item suggestions? Right now I stack Health, Armor, and a little bit of attack damage. But having a lot of health and armor will go a long way late game.

Jazriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoviet View Post
Rammus is my new main. He's such an awesome hero. Anyone have any item suggestions? Right now I stack Health, Armor, and a little bit of attack damage. But having a lot of health and armor will go a long way late game.

Armor gives you damage. Getting +dmg items is a waste.
Armor gives you health. Getting +health items isn't a focus.
Armor does nothing to reduce magic damage. MR is important.
Mana. You use it. Regen is good.
Health. You have it. Regen is good.
Farming. Rammus is bad. Philosopher's Stone has 5g/10 and regen. Use it.
Guardian Angel. Good item. Get it.

My item build:
Regen pendant
boots
Stone
Wardens Mail
Upgrade boots to w/e. Ninja Tabi is good, swiftness aren't that great.
Usually Guardian Angel, 'cause it's good.

I have also found cooldown items to be extremely good on Rammus. Casting Taunt twice in a team fight wins games. Ulti is good. Using ulti more is more good.