Tribunal: Reward all its own

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roxabellum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfoxxed View Post
im gonna be honest here 99% of gamers dont think that the tribunal cases they vote on will affect them directly. the truth is they dont care about helping the community, it's like saying one vote can affect a whole election. (please dont say it does because the empowerment **** sometimes is quite overwhelming)

if the players are doing you a favour you should incentivize it. instead of playing games they're reading tribunal cases which might as well be work after 100 cases.

most people dont care about making the world a better place, and some people are attracted to the tribunal for the reward (the IP). Obviously you want to make it so that people who are accurate are rewarded. Even charities have people on the payroll. Because the more people who participate the better.

Handing out IP comes out almost 0 cost to Riot. Of course you won't want it to be excessive, but the current 5IP per correct analysis is terrible. I feel like that I'm not even motivated to make the best of my time because it's 5IP i lose out on.
I find your statement to be very much so incorrect, or you're hanging out with the wrong sorts of gamers. A GAMER who really cares about the game they play is willing to do almost anything to get it at the level they want their game to be at. Also the people that I've associated with don't do it for the IP, its just a bonus, while some people may think "Oh well it doesn't make a difference" sort of route, its very much not the case.

When you have hundreds maybe thousands of people filtering through cases daily you get better results. We have been given the tools to HELP make our community better, and while yes charities have payrolls for some people also take into consideration the Tribunal is allowing us to HELP make the community better, those on "payroll" are Riot Employees (We aren't doing it alone). The IP we get for HELPING should be considered unnecessary reward not required incentive. People don't volunteer at charities expecting payment. They go to do their part as little as that may be. (Speaking from 3yrs of experience volunteering at a Humane Society)

If someone thinks that it isn't worth their time to look through the cases then no problemo, don't do it. I don't judge whether or not you do the cases, but at the same time you shouldn't try and devalue the work and or effort others are put into it. You don't go up to SPCA and say "Ha you ain't doing nothing!" because that isn't the reality of the situation.

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
I actually pardoned 4 players today. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BELOVED TRIBUNAL!?!?!?!
you didn't review thorough enough

seriously man, have some pride in your work, look harder for offense, and click the punish button like a good samaritan

UcanBiteME

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree View Post
you didn't review thorough enough

seriously man, have some pride in your work, look harder for offense, and click the punish button like a good samaritan
Ok you are not doing your job as a member if you are not reviewing these cases thoroughly. I think the tribunal voting should also include a comment section so we can say why we punished or pardoned. This should also be visible to other jurors/summoners. Don't just punsih to punish like this numbnut.

When the person is punished or banned they should be able to see how we voted and why we voted this way. That is only fair.

I agree with keeping the identity of the jury anonymous, but give the accused the right to see what they are doing wrong. Hopefully when their temporary ban is lifted this review can help them to better their attitude and game play.