Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesta1004

Junior Member

08-28-2009

ahhhh thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hammerdwarf

Junior Member

09-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aremis View Post
Hello,

can anyone tell me how can i put items on the floor or how do i craft items when my inventory is full?

Thanks in advance
Also note that you can open the shop while at the fountain, and in the bottom right corner of the dialog box that comes up are six slots that represent your current inventory. You may click one of those items and in the bottom right of that same dialogue box is a button that says 'sell' you should only use this in two circumstances.

One is when your inventory is full and you don't have a slot used by a component of an item that you want to build (because you can simply build that item -- it will replace the component with the full item.)

The other is if you need money to buy an item, though often it is better simply to wait to get the money you need either by gold-over-time effects or more often by killing creeps/enemy champions/turrets/buildings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathify

Member

09-03-2009

What's the cap with mundo's ability? it reduces abilities by 50%, does that mean his cap is 50%? or does he get the additional 40%? for a 90% total? If anyone knows that information would be greatly appreciated!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DervishSoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-03-2009

could i get help with invisibility. hiding in the grass will always result in invis? what happens if ppl also enter the grass??


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ech0z View Post
could i get help with invisibility. hiding in the grass will always result in invis? what happens if ppl also enter the grass??
Yes, hiding in the grass will make you invis, unless they have the oracle's elixir or they use clairvoyance. If they enter the grass, they will see you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cantor

Senior Member

09-05-2009

I'm wondering about negative armor, I know this wouldn't happen in game, but if you somehow got and enemy to -100 armor, would a single point of damage kill them? Since 100 armor makes you take damage as if you had 100% extra health, does -100 armor make you take damage as if you had 100% less heath? so zero?

EDIT: and thank you! this post is very informative


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

09-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
I'm wondering about negative armor, I know this wouldn't happen in game, but if you somehow got and enemy to -100 armor, would a single point of damage kill them? Since 100 armor makes you take damage as if you had 100% extra health, does -100 armor make you take damage as if you had 100% less heath? so zero?

EDIT: and thank you! this post is very informative
(Credit to Ravenite)

Quote:
First, I'll explain the math behind resists (armor and magic resistance act the same and will be collectively known as resists). Resists work off of the following formula: x resistance means that attacks of that type against you do 1-(x/(abs(x)+100)) times the normal damage. So if I have 200 armor, attacks will do 1-(200/300) = 1/3 damage to me. Likewise if I have -200 armor, attacks will do 1+(200/300)= 5/3 damage to me. This does not seem to make sense. 200 armor means that physical attacks against me will take 3x longer to kill me. It only makes sense that physical attacks against -200 armor should kill me 3x as fast. For a more extreme example, take 300 vs. -300 armor. One makes attacks do 1/4 damage. The other makes them do 7/4 damage. The increase factor from -300 armor is less than half of the decrease factor from +300 armor!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deshi

Senior Member

09-06-2009

With regard to the "unique" abilities, such as 250% Crit Damage, would that be unique from any rune stats as well? Ie. would it be worth adding crit damage with runes, if I'm going to get 250% unique Crit damage from an item build?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lollerman

Senior Member

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
With regard to the "unique" abilities, such as 250% Crit Damage, would that be unique from any rune stats as well? Ie. would it be worth adding crit damage with runes, if I'm going to get 250% unique Crit damage from an item build?
Yeah, stacks additively, the "unique" status only works to prevent item stacking, so you can't get two Infinity Edges and get 500% crit damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deshi

Senior Member

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
Yeah, stacks additively, the "unique" status only works to prevent item stacking, so you can't get two Infinity Edges and get 500% crit damage.
Nice! Thanks for that.