My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scila

06-09-2011

zerker greaves on cait are not that greati would recommend mercs even if i dont play her.

also im around 1450 in solo and what got me out of elo hell was playing udyr(this was at phoenix times)

in low elo its pretty easy to pull of some successful ganks since they overextend a lot.

if u want to u can add me in game so i can help u a lil more.

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
Yes, I think I need to learn how to be an effective jungler / roamer / ganker. Any tips?

I mean, I know how to jungle, I can clear my jungle fairly quick etc..etc... I just don't feel as comfortable as laning when I am jungling. Also when I get counter jungle, I am never really sure what move is appropriate afterward.
Counter Jungling is frustrating, when getting countered:
1. Is he better or worse than you? Can you take him on a 1v1?
2. If he is better and you can't 1v1 him:
2a. Watch your health during your route, take care
2b. Ward your Jungle more, tell your teammates if you find him and gank him
2c. If you see him coming ping his location, who knows what your team can do
3. You can 1v1 him:
3a. More offensive warding, stealing his jungle, his buffs
3b. Counter/Invade him harder

godhunter1053

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLaTiviT View Post
Counter Jungling is frustrating, when getting countered:
1. Is he better or worse than you? Can you take him on a 1v1?
2. If he is better and you can't 1v1 him:
2a. Watch your health during your route, take care
2b. Ward your Jungle more, tell your teammates if you find him and gank him
2c. If you see him coming ping his location, who knows what your team can do
3. You can 1v1 him:
3a. More offensive warding, stealing his jungle, his buffs
3b. Counter/Invade him harder
Honestly, I doubt you'll find many people counter-jungling at that low of an elo, I don't see many people who do it that effectively even at my elo. So if you can get good at it, then you can really dominate a game. Its actually the one thing that I've been working on in the past week or two. A couple things to keep in mind:

1) When you are counterjungling them, the key is buffs. Sure going in and taking early wraiths or double golem will help, but if you can outlevel him and control your first buffs, then you will have the advantage. So don't get bogged down trying to steal his small camps, chances are they'll respawn before he even goes for them.

2) Know general tendencies of jungle champs. Shaco likes to rush red and gank immediately, nunu will probably take his blue then come to your wraiths, xin doesn't like to start at buffs, lee and shen don't need blue, etc.

2a) Once you know the general patterns you can start to get a feel of where they should be and what buffs they have. Reminding your team that the shaco can gank at 2:20ish very effectively can prevent a gank against your team.

3) Communicate and ward. The main power to playing a jungler is that you can control everything. You want some defensive wards for the lane that you don't think you will gank often or that is over extending, and you should be pinging every time an enemy shows up there. You want to take a ward when you steal buffs, so that you can leash it toward the river and don't worry too much about them sitting in the buff or coming up to smite it.

4) Know your range from ganks. If you are bot taking double golem and the jungler shows up top, there isn't anything you can do about it. You won't be able to counter gank, and chances are you won't even save much of the tower if you run there. You really have 2 options, take dragon NOW, and I mean immediately, or check their blue. If you're lucky, it will be up, but even if you aren't, just resetting the minimap will tell you when it spawns so you can position to steal it.

I can give you more tips in game or if you want to just talk, but check out theoddone's guides. They're really solid and the nunu one especially gives good starts to counter jungling.

Myslead

06-09-2011

Game #9 (Vladimir / Victory / 64W-73L / 1070 +14)
http://imgur.com/Q9UGq.jpg

Duo queued with one of my buddy, even got reconized by one player for being the "forum guy" ahah. I solo'd as Vlad vs Janna and Garen and as expected they couldn't do anything. I was playing defensively at my tower though as they kept pushing the lane, but when Janna decided to go 3 man lane bottom vs Shen & Nasus, I kept Garen out of xp range for quite awhile and did more of the same when Maokai decided to come top. Annie got fed going against a trash talking GP mid and with ganks top etc... and things snowballed from there.

I'm actually sad that I don't record my games as Nasus pulled a great 1 v 2 counter gank mid-top river with the help of the Baron, it was beautiful. Maokai sappling aggro'd the baron and **** on him and Gangplank while Nasus Q'd and R'd to victory ahah.

Myslead

06-09-2011

Thanks for the counter jungling advices, I need to work on my jungling abilities so I can feel comfortable playing a jungler and especially how to pull successful ganks. I watched a couple of Stonewall videos and man that guy is a beast.

Myslead

06-09-2011

Game #10 (Blitzcrank / Victory / 65W - 73L / 1083 +13)
http://i.imgur.com/Fx8OK.jpg

Statswise my game was horrible. Look at my creep score... bot lane was shutdown very early by Brand and Taric vs Garen & Blitzcrank, they were playing very aggressive which helped us get some early game kills though, but still, this didn't turn out as intended as I usually can play a decent Blitz. What happened was that Annie got fed once again and they were always on my ass and Garen's ass in teamfights while leaving Annie and Caitlyn (especially Caitlyn) do their work. We also played very well as a team, except maybe Nocturne who wasn't all there during the game. To my defense, I landed some good grabs ahah.

Myslead

06-09-2011

Game #11 (Alistar / Defeat / 65W - 74L / 1072 -11)
http://i.imgur.com/UVfGe.jpg

Well I guess that the winning streak had to end somewhere... and what a glorious way to end it then with a pubstomp... Malzahar clearly didn't know what he was doing and Xin was pretty awful too =/. We were clearly outmatched also by that Shaco who had fun killing Malz top lane and Xin over and over again.

Myslead

06-09-2011

I've decided that instead of posting game replays, I will be starting my own stream via Own3d.tv as it's less time consuming.

You can check the channel here : http://www.own3d.tv/myslead

so you can see live the gameplay etc... so if you catch me playing and see some things I do wrong, don't hesitate to comment here. I'm really dedicated to get out of this bracket ! so help a brother out ahah.

X Widow Maker X

06-09-2011

Learn more about the game. As of right now you seem to deserve the spot you have. As someone in the 1500's its annoying how everyone says they can "earn that spot" and so fourth. If you can earn it then ****ing earn it. Its about top 5% of the game.

To all you people making threads about how you deserve higher elo, just shutup already

Zixz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Widow Maker X View Post
Learn more about the game. As of right now you seem to deserve the spot you have. As someone in the 1500's its annoying how everyone says they can "earn that spot" and so fourth. If you can earn it then ****ing earn it. Its about top 5% of the game.

To all you people making threads about how you deserve higher elo, just shutup already
Oh, quite the constructive post. Thank you for your input, I'll make sure I come to you every time I need advice from some of the top tier players. Thanks.

Seriously, other people here have actually been quite helpful to my friend here, how about you try to keep it a bit classy, eh?

Edit: As for everyone else, wonderful advice, I'm actually surprised at some of the advice he has received from some of you. It's always good to see some friendly players helping a friend.