Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Swedish Chef

09-02-2009

Bumpin for people lookin for the guide

Lovecore

09-04-2009

Great guide! Too bad they nerfed tears In the current state of the game, do you think Anivia has what it takes to be on top teams?

The Swedish Chef

09-05-2009

Considering my last 4 games, I only died twice total, yeah. But only as long as you know how to use her correctly. Her new Flash Frost is actually really nice, even though I've heard a lot of people say it's harder to use. I adapted to it quickly. Also, the new Wall cursor for Crystallize makes it FAR easier to use now.

Many people still consider her OP because of her great AP scaling. And lately, I've been using a Magic Penetration rune page that has +12 Magic Pen on it. This basically negates all champions initial magic resist, as well as doing extra damage passed that. I've taken on +2-3k HP tank champions and demolished them quickly thanks to the Magic Pen, combined with Rod of Ages and Archangel Staff. I've also solo'd early game quite often against 2 other champions and normally manage to either get the First Blood, or at least harass them enough they have both have to go back and heal while I'm pushing on their tower hard.

HowlingKommando

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remni View Post
Many people still consider her OP because of her great AP scaling. And lately, I've been using a Magic Penetration rune page that has +12 Magic Pen on it. This basically negates all champions initial magic resist, as well as doing extra damage passed that. I've taken on +2-3k HP tank champions and demolished them quickly thanks to the Magic Pen, combined with Rod of Ages and Archangel Staff. I've also solo'd early game quite often against 2 other champions and normally manage to either get the First Blood, or at least harass them enough they have both have to go back and heal while I'm pushing on their tower hard.
I consider her slightly OP. It's really the Passive that seals the deal for me, making her really tough to kill in the hands of good player.

The Swedish Chef

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
I consider her slightly OP. It's really the Passive that seals the deal for me, making her really tough to kill in the hands of good player.
Hence the reason they call her CryOPhoenix. But as you said, she's only great in the hands of a good player. Very few of those with Cryo that I've seen.

Tarion

09-13-2009

Been playing a pure Tank CryOP. Its been wonderful. People always expect you to be squishy, so dash after you on low health.

Been leading in kills and assists, with lowest deaths. Only thing been letting me down is my internet connection (Virgin Media = Not my friends atm). Got a HP/level and Mana Regen/level runepage setup, using Teleport and Heal for my skills.

I tend to pick up the Saphire Crystal before converting into Catalyst the Protector. This is a wonderful tool (Essentially a free Ult on a big mob of minions if you're near level up) and adds to the health and mana pools (Both good).
Then, Ninja Tabi (Dodge/Armour boots, right?)
Follow it with Guardian Angel and convert my Catalyst into Rod of Ages.
Frost Mallet follows this.

I may have an item mixed up, but that's my general build. The basic premise is that on a character with Guardian Angel, health items have 1.5x the effect (Essentially, you have an extra half health bar). On CryOP, they have 2x the effect. On CryOP with Angel, they've got 2.5x the effect. Adding 500 health to her is the same as any other character picking up 1250 health.

Anyone got any recommendation for shuffling around my build?

stevesteve

09-13-2009

Just started playing her for the past two weeks I think I am decent.
I used to get 1 catalyst then boots then 3 money daggers another catalyst
turn catalysts into rods and profit
I just started going 2 catalyst boots 3 catalyst 2 rods and banshees
2nd build seems to do me much better for runes I have armor pen health and mana regen i have run speed quint which i might change.

Aspartem

09-13-2009

@Tarion
Jeah, because you play against people who aren't smart enough to take a look to the top left of her screen? Its soooo visible how much lifepoints a hero has, even if you do not have him in the focus. No decent player falls for a "suprise" tank build.
Though, i fully agree that a tank'ish cryo is helluva fun Though, the full AP ones are scarier - but need a team, else you'll get eaten for breakfast.

Btw, the guide is a lil' bit outdated. Runes aren't meh anymore. At least not the blue ones, get those pesky Clarity Runes, because 4mpreg/sec (yes /sec not /5sec) is just crazy bonker. Hp/lvl, MR for Yellow.. and d0h.. Red still sucks for casters.

I wish, that Riot changes the AP runes from blue into red ones, because +AP offensive and not utility - at least not so for casters.

Tarion

09-13-2009

Aspartem - I should probably have clarified. A lot of the surprise is probably because when solo queuing, people rarely encounter Anivia. Her Passive really takes them by surprise (And that is what makes the tankiness "surprising" - The fact that she has 2-2.5x the HP shown)

The Swedish Chef

09-13-2009

Yeah, I've been needing to update things in it, but I honestly havent had the time lately to really do it. I need to update the new prices for items as well.