What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sedon

03-31-2010

It appears many people would like to keep Flash, but just change it to where you can't cast it if you've taken damage within the last x seconds.

So yea like blink dagger, but keep it a summoner spell.

Easy solution I think.

Xixy

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
Still think a fine fix would be to make it unuseable within 2 seconds of taking damage.

pre-emptive use takes skill. the current usage doesnt.
That's a moronic solution, and it would create problems for using Flash offensively.

SoSalty

03-31-2010

I think Flash is a good and vital summoner spell for many champions. A metagame without flash gives blink champions an annoying advantage. Flash should just be changed to be like blink dagger. Can't use it within two seconds of being hit, reduce the cooldown on it to around 180-210 seconds (depending on mastery specs) and increase the range to 500.

The constant flash nerfs are annoying me because I play Alistar and he needs flash. Initiating with flash is not annoying, it's just good gameplay. However, escaping with it is kind of annoying which is why there is so much qq about it.

Luflen Emerast

03-31-2010

Making it an item sounds really good to me. Flash mid-late game doesn't bother me, but I get really annoyed every time I miss first blood because of it.

Aurinax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
That's a moronic solution, and it would create problems for using Flash offensively.
You did a good job justifying your argument.

Oh wait.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

I think that flash should be remade, given a low cd no range and it should just break projectiles, the mastery should make you glash again after a second. 60 second cooldowns seems plausable.

Jman69

03-31-2010

Just get rid of flash.

You should combine Ghost & Cleanse into a single summoner spell. Basically Cleanse would be the same as it is now but comes with the movement speed increase of Ghost.

Meta

03-31-2010

Removing it and doing some of the changes you listed is a step in the right direction I think. However, you guys will need to be ready to do some (possibly drastic) balance changes to adapt.

Here are some scenarios I would see you guys having to deal with (which it looks like you haven't addressed):

• Champions with a "built-in" flash becoming more powerful.

• Especially squishy champions becoming underpowered due to lack of escapability (ie: Anivia, Annie, Evelyn, etc). I feel even the new heal and cleanse might not be exactly what these types of champions need.

• Significant changes to the balance of certain projectile abilities (which were previously counterable by "popping" them with Flash).

Talkimas

03-31-2010

Imo

1) Remove flash and add Blink Dagger type item
2) Buff Cleanse reduction duration
3) Add in either base or talented, a clear of all movement impairing debuffs (stuns/slows/possibly fear) when Ghost is used. Cleanse wouldn't become useless due to drastically shorter cooldown, reduction of any additional spells, and ability to clear damage spells.

Xixy

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
You did a good job justifying your argument.

Oh wait.
Maybe you should justify your own argument before asking someone else to justify theirs. Flash is, and will always be, a double-edged sword. Take it, or leave it.