[Guide] How to install custom skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
1) How do you edit the skin?
2) Can you replace one of your custom skins?
I want to turn my Rammus into Bowser and Low Rider Rammus.
1) The skin you download/install has already been edited. If you want to make your own skins, you can use photoshop/UVMapper. There's a guide somewhere on the forum for that.

2)What do you mean? If you don't want a custom skin anymore, you can remove it from the folder and add a new one.

BananaBoy

03-24-2010

Hi dude. Thank you so much! I've posted this over dozens of threads, I've stopped counting.

I'm not sure if I was the first one who discovered this. Still, I think I've been the first one who gave this "tutorial". After realising the analogies of the HeroPak_client.zip and the DATA folder I just tried to put the skin files into that folder (in a Characters subfolder) and it worked.

Thumbs up for this thread, will help people experience less bad things about custom skins, like backup of the HeroPak_client.zip and fails at updating.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBoy View Post
Hi dude. Thank you so much! I've posted this over dozens of threads, I've stopped counting.

I'm not sure if I was the first one who discovered this. Still, I think I've been the first one who gave this "tutorial". After realising the analogies of the HeroPak_client.zip and the DATA folder I just tried to put the skin files into that folder (in a Characters subfolder) and it worked.

Thumbs up for this thread, will help people experience less bad things about custom skins, like backup of the HeroPak_client.zip and fails at updating.
Your tutorial was very usefull! I wanted everyone to know the trick that's why I made this guide and gave you credits. Thanks again for this!

Atropose

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBoy View Post

Surprisingly 15% of the bandwidth from HeroesMod.com is from heropak_client.zip backup downloads. This thread should lower that amount significantly over the next few weeks.

qRv5TJD8smYKmbyw

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben0it View Post
Bump!
:d
Thx for the guide, but self bumping is usually considered bad ethiquette.
Bump the guide if you update it, otherwise leave users to comment on it as they wish.
If everyone bumped their threads it would be impossible to find anything here.

Thadious

03-27-2010

Thx for the guide! I'm having a problem renaming the pdf into a dds, however. It still says that it's

"Cryophoenix.dds.pdf"

How can I get rid of the pdf on the end? I'm probably going to feel real stupid after I get the answer.

Benoit

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadious View Post
Thx for the guide! I'm having a problem renaming the pdf into a dds, however. It still says that it's

"Cryophoenix.dds.pdf"

How can I get rid of the pdf on the end? I'm probably going to feel real stupid after I get the answer.
You have to rename it the same way you rename any files: Click on the file, then click on the name (the text) of the file. then you can remove the .pdf part. You can also right click on the file and click on properties to change the name of the file.

You're talking about an Anivia skin, I guess you downloaded it on the forum? I'm pretty sure you can find the .dds version on this website.

Anivionics

03-28-2010

1) How do you create your own hero skins?
2) What programs do you need to create them?
3) Is it easy / fast once you get the hang of it?

Benoit

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoody View Post
1) How do you create your own hero skins?
2) What programs do you need to create them?
3) Is it easy / fast once you get the hang of it?
The Skinning Start Up Kit by HappyNihil includes a PDF format Instruction guide and all the tools you need to make your very first skin!

MMKH

03-29-2010

I personally use Photoshop CS3 with the plugin, UV Mapper Pro to display the champ I'm working on and my WIP skin, and UV Mapper (basic) to save the UV maps which I overlay onto my skin in PS so I know where the UVs are. And the obj converter of course to convert from .sco to .obj so I can open the model file using UV Mapper Pro.