Ashe Masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I JUST DID METH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Does anyone else find it more useful to go 9/0/21 over 21/x/x?

Offensive gets you...

2% extra crit - Not very noticable compared to 75%+ crit endgame
Tiny amount of AP - Extra 9 dmg on your ult, yay
3% CDR - Not much
4% atk speed - Not much
6 armor pen - You already get enough from runes/cleaver, but still helpful
10% increased crit dmg - It's going to be giving you 40-100 (maybe more) extra dmg on your crits, not bad
1-3 extra AD, 2-4 to minions - not much
5% extra dmg - Say you're attacking a 3000 HP champ, and manage to chase him down and deal all 3000 dmg required. How much extra dmg does putting/wasting 21 pts for this mastery give you? 150. You get an extra 150 HP off of that 3k HP target from this?! How about you wait 1/4th of a second to get that last arrow in instead?

Now, Utility gives you...
http:// tiny - url .com/3ejypwo (my preferred 21 points) ((change the URL))

Haste/improved ghost - Not bad, could save your ass.
5% extra exp - Not too noticable
5% increased (base?) mana
Greed - Extra 200+ gold by lategame, sure
3% increased movement speed - Not too noticable either
15 seconds off of Flash - This has definitely saved my ass a number of times
21% CDR - REALLY helpful. It's helped my hawk and ult come off CD at perfect times, and it helps your volley a bit too.

And this is just my utility build, other people prefer to get the 15-30% longer jungle buffs, or extra mana per sec. And if you're going 9/0/21, you get an extra 15% damage done on your ult, along with 3% CDR and 2% crit.

As for defense masteries, I don't think it's worth it to invest in dodge runes over mana/sec runes for Nimbleness, and the 4% less dmg done to your champion, like I stated with Havoc's extra 5%, isn't going to do too much, seeing as you have really low HP as ashe too.

I think I've done much better in my games going utility over offense, and I think it's just silly how many other Ashe players go for offense. Anyone wanna share their different masteries for Ashe and why you prefer it over utility?

RaikiKaibaMaster

Recruiter

05-23-2011

well, I put offense masteries to ashe but what you say makes sense.
ashe, for me is a pro ganker so attack helps her a lot.

evo17

05-23-2011

21% CDR? You get 6% CDR on your champions abilities and 15% CDR on the summoner spells.

Prescence of the Master only gives you 15% off your SUMMONER spells, not your champions.

evo17

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by futnuck View Post
And if you're going 9/0/21, you get an extra 15% damage done on your ult, along with 3% CDR and 2% crit.
What do you mean by "15% extra damage on your ult", how so?

biomorph

05-23-2011

I think he misunderstood Archaic Knowledge which negates 15% of enemy magic resistance. This naturally is not the same as 15% extra damage.

But 21/0/9 is convenient if you want that extra damage early game. Into late game only the +10% crit damage is really doing anything for you.
9/0/21 has more late game bonuses or conveniences if you will and you let items do the damage thing for you.

evo17

05-23-2011

Ah yes, that would be it!

Another question, Havoc says 5% of base damage, does that include any AD runes? (not that i use them, just curious). If not, if only gives you ~5AD at level 18, what an absolute joke! 9/0/21 definitely sounds much better to me.

biomorph

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo17 View Post
If not, if only gives you ~5AD at level 18, what an absolute joke!
Which is why Havoc looks far better than it actually is. You only use it when you want to tweak your offense anywhere possible.

I have often used 11/0/19 because the extra 6 ArPen at the cost of the 4% summoner spell refresh and flash mastery. Strap on a Brutalizer (and perhaps later a ghost blade) and you have kick ass flat ArPen and CDR flinging volley and ECA more frequently when needed.

my name is joe

05-23-2011

HEADS UP. new patch notes now have havoc doing 4% of TOTAL damage now. HUGE change for ashe and other range carries. i used to go 15/0/15, but now will be probably be going 21/0/9

evo17

05-23-2011

That roughly doubles the amount of AD that it gives, but it's still only around 9 AD (on a standard ashe build), a split build or 9/0/21 still sounds better

my name is joe

05-23-2011

Quote:
That roughly doubles the amount of AD that it gives, but it's still only around 9 AD (on a standard ashe build), a split build or 9/0/21 still sounds better
hmm. you may be right. i get the spell pen (for ECA), armor pen, and +3 AD, then get mana regen, improved movespeed and improved flash in utility. it may be hard to give up the extra mana regen and, well, utility