Give me 1 Reason why Vayne is OP.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whyumai

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bletzkarn View Post
Serioulsy I doubt you have anything legit.

1. Her Early Game is so Strong!

Urgot. He does more damage and he does it much safer. He is better at farming and plays a bigger role late game.

Nidalee. She does more damage once she hits 6, she is better at farming and far more sustained. She has a bigger impact on her team.

Zilean. He does more damage, and is a great support for any team.

I don't see how Vayne's early game, or total kit is any better than these champions.

2. % Health True Damage is Game Breaking.

Every 3 hits she does 70 + 8% HP. Meaning she does 2.6% + 23 true damage per hit. Less than Irelia until her enemy has 2800HP. She needs to land 3 hits as well.

3. It's just her whole package, she does everything too well!

She has high single-target damage with no escape mechanisms or inherit survivability minus 12 seconds of invisibility when she rolls. One single-target long CD situational stun. No AoE. No Toughness. Low Range.

She is pretty sub-par in teamfights. She can be focused extremely fast and falls to CC very readily. I'd say Nocturne and Poppy are much better Assassins. Nocturne has his semi-global dash and spell shield while poppy has invincibility.

Conclusion

I personally find Vayne boring to play and a headache to be in teamfights, she isn't terribly hard to lane against either. You just have to play aggressively. She can dish out damage but she can't take it.

The closest I ever got to being outlaned by Vayne was as Kog'maw. She killed me once, yet Kog'maw is 10 times better late game. Even a fed Vayne isn't all that scary.

Judging by a recent poll most of the community should agree with this.
there's no time in the game that she is weak and Vayne is quite strong when she's strong.

Furry Mikochan

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biyonick View Post
Exactly, how many times has she escaped an attack and immediately spammed condemn right after? Numerous. It would be different if the cooldown was longer but I had a vayne tumbling all around the whole lane. -_-
Let's not forget that her ult gives her Akali's "focus me in a team fight and I'll stealth" nonsense.

barrybanana

Riot Intern Team

05-13-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I don't think shes to far off her mark, but E doing 440 damage when it hits a wall with good scaling seems a bit high.

TerraceSolace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Biggest problem is her potential for a massive combo hit

Trinity Force proc + Q proc + W 3rd hit proc = some serous damage.

Tale Feather

05-13-2011

Ranged
Shortest range of any ranged DPS out there. It is the same Range as Sion's stun, 100 range shorter than Taric's Dazzle. 50 Range Shorter than Ashe's normal attack, Vlad's Q, etc. 75 Shorter than Ryze's E.

Low cooldown dash when chasing (lowest cooldown for any dash in the game)

Lowest Distance Dash, without dodge (you can still hit her with targeted spells while ult is not up.) Cooldown is 8 seconds unless she is still within attack range (see 'ranged')

Ranged poppy charge

4 Second cooldown difference at respective max levels.

potential stealth on dash

1.5 second stealth, 8 second cool-down on tumble if she doesn't shoot. 17 second buff duration, easily counter-able by oracles or simply waiting until she shoots. Still hit by area effects, stuns, etc.

True damage (Really isn't much of an issue, the rest of the kit is what makes her crazy powerful)

Already regarded 8% True damage isn't much damage at all. Remember Madrids is 4% magic damage a hit. IF she manages it hit 3 in a row, you're dealing with 2.66(repeating) damage a hit from the ability. Which is pretty much a resisted Madrids.

Long story short... Vayne now has the best kiting/harassing in the game,

Not by a long shot. Try again.

Vane does not have the best kiting/harassing at all. One Taric stun can easily end her due to low health, short range, and low resistance to stun.

The things that play into her advantage is momentum. She does snowball well, but that is because she's one of the best CHASERS in the game due to her passive and how her ult effects it. Beyond that, she's not good at harassing because she cannot take harassment and her range is so small that anyone with halfway decent harassing tools can out harass her without problem.

Shes a new champion, and she's got a decent kit as a whole. That makes her intimidating, which is doing more for her than her actual kit.

F33d0rB4wB

05-13-2011

Quote:
I don't think shes to far off her mark, but E doing 440 damage when it hits a wall with good scaling seems a bit high.
Well nerf the E in dmg who cares. I alomst never use it.(unless some squishy begs for it

EDIT: E is awesome skill (dont get me wrong)^^

Jaaaaax

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Yeah because it hits the wall

OBITWIZZLE

05-13-2011

Quote:
I will give you that. Lower the initial damage, but scale the on wall hit dmg I say.

Make it a nice bonus if you can actually get the stun, while weakening her constant knock back.

Bam. no more QQ. maybe.

Falleth

05-13-2011

Quote:
On the other side, it has quite short range and actually needs hitting a wall to deal additional damage. You could as well complain that Sivir's Boomerang double hit deals too much damage, but it would be silly.

Arcanoi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Dat latex bodyglove.