Riot, Answer Me This.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-22-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I can pretty faithfully say you will know your map before you pick your champion.

We will have multiple maps. Treeline is going to be in matchmaking very soon. We are still tweaking it a little, but matchmaking for the map does work. We have tested it internally and on PTR. It is imminent.

We will work on making the Tutorial map a 1v1/2v2 map. I don't know how far out this is, but you will probably see it in the future.

We want a different 5v5 map to solve the 5v5 man roam issues we have now. Maybe this can be solved by having more solo push/escape champions instead of having a new map, but I know Zileas as publicly spoken on wanting a larger, harder to navigate 5s map.

We will probably have more as well. I'm not at liberty to speak / don't know more about this.

Season One with Draft Mode, Ranked Games, and Clan/Team/Stats support has been advertised for the first half of this year. I believe this is still on track.

Darmikau

03-22-2010

Time to quote Phreak and see what happens.

The Crow

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I can pretty faithfully say you will know your map before you pick your champion.

We will have multiple maps. Treeline is going to be in matchmaking very soon. We are still tweaking it a little, but matchmaking for the map does work. We have tested it internally and on PTR. It is imminent.

We will work on making the Tutorial map a 1v1/2v2 map. I don't know how far out this is, but you will probably see it in the future.

We want a different 5v5 map to solve the 5v5 man roam issues we have now. Maybe this can be solved by having more solo push/escape champions instead of having a new map, but I know Zileas as publicly spoken on wanting a larger, harder to navigate 5s map.

We will probably have more as well. I'm not at liberty to speak / don't know more about this.

Season One with Draft Mode, Ranked Games, and Clan/Team/Stats support has been advertised for the first half of this year. I believe this is still on track.
<3

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Quote:

Alright, you answered most of my questions but what about the server? Will it be stable before Season One begins?

But what about the incentives? I wouldn't mind having another double IP weekend.

Thanks for replying, Phreak.

ZuanAsylumInmate

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Varda View Post
Alright, you answered most of my questions but what about the server? Will it be stable before Season One begins?

But what about the incentives? I wouldn't mind having another double IP weekend.

Thanks for replying, Phreak.
Well, they're hiring a permanent Server Administrator which should help. Incentives are always good too, I think they help increase activity considerably.

Godfiend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I echo the community when I ask if this is just you saying, "yeah sure it'll be done" and a real, actual promise that we can at least put some hope into. These features are a really sore point for a large number of players. I know you might not be able or allowed to say, but any word from Riot as to the actual, no BS status of this update would be a boon to the community, for casual and pro players alike.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-22-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Well I know I've personally put work into the Draft Mode interface, into what stats to track, into how we will manage teams and Ranked Games queuing/ranking. Sure, most of this has been feedback and "this is how I think it should be done" as I have no actual implementation skills, but then engineers go off and make it happen and I have no further updates to give.

Timeframe on RG/Draft hasn't changed since we first said it would be first half of the year. I believe we're still on track for that, so... up to 3 months as of the last official word. That's really not so far away. There may be further updates on the matter, and maybe I have outdated information, but I know for certain that every one of those features is in fact being worked on. We are in fact hiring more dudes. There's a lot changing really quickly here at Riot. I talked to Pendragon just 5 seconds ago. We are on track for first half of the year. If all goes well it will be there before it becomes July. Stay tuned, cuties.

Poruku

03-22-2010

Quote:
Do want larger maps and more juking, more time to get from one lane to another and more use of teleport.

Godfiend

03-22-2010

Thank you, Phreak. That is exactly what I had hoped to read, both in style ("This is what's going on") and the news it contained ("We're really on track."). I'd like it if we could have a way this news could be a little more frequent, perhaps, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks again.

Viral

03-22-2010

Quote:
Well I know I've personally put work into the Draft Mode interface, into what stats to track, into how we will manage teams and Ranked Games queuing/ranking. Sure, most of this has been feedback and "this is how I think it should be done" as I have no actual implementation skills, but then engineers go off and make it happen and I have no further updates to give.

Timeframe on RG/Draft hasn't changed since we first said it would be first half of the year. I believe we're still on track for that, so... up to 3 months as of the last official word. That's really not so far away. There may be further updates on the matter, and maybe I have outdated information, but I know for certain that every one of those features is in fact being worked on. We are in fact hiring more dudes. There's a lot changing really quickly here at Riot. I talked to Pendragon just 5 seconds ago. We are on track for first half of the year. If all goes well it will be there before it becomes July. Stay tuned, cuties.
That makes me happy. So, by July Season 1 will be up and running with replays, rankings, clans, and at least two maps?