GpK tournament.... LOL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Linden Ryuujin

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
I don't get it. In what world are you living in where disqualification is the only response to infractions?
Sorry I intended to say they would forfeit rather than be disqualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitsDontDie View Post
Also i would like to comment that the maturity of the team AoN is very high, so dont knock them for that.
Yeah it's easy to see the high maturity level in this topic. Posts like yours are packed to the brim with maturity.

Dapacman

03-22-2010

Alright, so we've discussed the future of the tournament itself.

Basically, the decision was pretty simple. We have, since we started running the tournament, had virtually zero issues up until this past weekend. So essentially, we are not going to let a few bad apples spoil our fun. We still enjoy these tournaments, and we are still going to run them in the future. I am fairly certain we are staying on schedule and running the next tournament in 12 days.

For all of you in the community who are choosing sides, especially those who weren't there when any of this happened, go ahead and have a field day. It's not going to deter us from running our tournament. It's not going to deter our regulars from playing in our tournament every week. I've spoken with a number of them, and they all support us, namely because they know our tournament is legitimate (with the exception of this one mishap).

With that said, we did make a VERY grave mistake. No, the mistake was NOT deciding on the DQ. The mistake was allowing the highest-calibur Elo players to participate. When we first created this tournament, it was designed for smaller fish. It was designed for newer competitive players to see a small part of the competitive scene. It was designed to get new teams some small experience and further their competitive experience from that point forward (hopefully). We allowed admission to any players who wanted to play, and never truly expected Council members and top-Elo members, such as L0CUST and Messiah to participate. Now that we have had a good look at the way these "top players" operate, we really would prefer nothing to do with them.

This is not to say that EVERY top player is a garbage human being. We did not have EVERY top player in our tournament this weekend, so that is unfair to say. However, some of the players on those final two teams are not welcome ever again.

L0CUST, you did technically start this whole thing, and while all you did was ask a question and essentially request a restart, it is probably better than you don't play again. I believe you aren't playing in general anymore anyway. Reginald, the disgusting display of humanity you put on in the vent server is enough to make me physically ill. I honestly hope that your 10-year-old girl temper tantrum was only a one-time thing, but I'll believe the other hundred people on this forum who claim you are always like this. In fact, ALL of this happened because 15 people on a vent server couldn't stop you from ranting, raging and screaming. Listening to you curse, scream and cry for an entire hour makes me truly sorry for your parents, friends, and every human being who will ever come in contact with you. Do the community a favor and please stop playing immediately, before you disgrace the game and humanity even further. Messiah, since you bend over at the whim of your leader and agree with every whiny, crybaby statement he makes, then you can follow him out the door. The fact that you didn't have enough of a pair to step up and tell him to shut up made me lose any and all respect for you. Please, take your fanboys and go back to solomid, so you can get bossed around by a crying Reginald even more. Pathetic.

I doubt the other members of the Council or the other top-Elo players will want to play in our tournament after this past weekend, and that is completely fine with us. We are returning to our roots and putting on more friendly tournaments for the mid-Elo competitive scene. We *might* also change the name of the tournament, just to expel the final remnants of this disgraceful display of humanity for good. Details will be posted sometime during the week about the format.

I would also like to ask any Admins (although it won't happen, sadly) to close this worthless 60-page cryfest. It's long overdue and is 90% filled with people who had nothing to do with anything about the tournament AT ALL.

Until then, you can all feel free to resume your speculations. I've already posted what happened twice, believe whatever you want.

Pete
"Dapacman"
PROUD to be 1/5 of GpK

LOLFUNNIEZ

03-22-2010

Quote:
Reginald, the disgusting display of humanity you put on in the vent server is enough to make me physically ill. I honestly hope that your 10-year-old girl temper tantrum was only a one-time thing, but I'll believe the other hundred people on this forum who claim you are always like this.
He's always been like that, everytime some sort of forum drama occurs, Reginald is always a part of it.

aRcKuS

03-22-2010

Thank you Dapacman, I don't think anyone could have said it better =]

-GpK Bit<hs

Merovinge

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShamPoe View Post
After watching the match, reading the forums, and talking with people, here are my thoughts on the matter:

Why was AoN even let in the tournament in the first place? If they were indeed late, THAT seems to be a rules violation in and of itself. So it sounds like that's where the first "rule" was broken.

Having been let in, they should have been verbally informed of all rule changes regardless of their tardiness. So that shovels some blame in the direction of the organizer. Also, to be quite honest, no verbal rules changes should have existed. If the organizers couldn't get the ruleset down properly in print, well, then in my mind, those rules don't exist.

Beyond all that, it's incredibly weak to take a "victory" based on a technicality. The idea that the match was sullied is laughable at best, incredibly telling of this game's competitive potential at worst. As much as Reginald comes off as a moron on the forums and through second hand stories, you at least should know what you're getting into when playing with him.

The tournament becomes invalid due to behavior like this, and scars LoL in general on the competitive level. (which is not where I think it should be)

I believe, based on what I've seen at solimid in a brief interim there, that AoN would probably do anything they could to win the match. That site seems to pride itself on using exploits and the like to be competitive. But with a client that is often buggy, this situation seems to fall in their favor.

Locust claims that there was 45 mins of discussion, but I ask myself why? It seems AoN would have beaten them 3 times over in the time it took this situation to be sorted out.

You CANNOT sell this win by default no matter how hard you try. It's a safe bet that's why Locust is "leaving." (he'll pop up with a different name for sure)

It sounds to me like for LoL to be anywhere near a competitive gaming environment, the "pros" of the community need to do some serious self examination in regards to how they act towards other people. That statement is to ALL parties involved.
Just wanted to copy your post incase more people who don't understand what happen and just want to trash Reg "-1" your post.

Coming from a guy who has never said a nice thing about Reg in any post ever, your summary hits it right on the head, sir.

GoD FoRSaKeN

03-22-2010

Pacman, you insult me!

TreeEskimo

The Council

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapacman View Post

Basically, the decision was pretty simple. We have, since we started running the tournament, had virtually zero issues up until this past weekend. So essentially, we are not going to let a few bad apples spoil our fun. We still enjoy these tournaments, and we are still going to run them in the future. I am fairly certain we are staying on schedule and running the next tournament in 12 days.

For all of you in the community who are choosing sides, especially those who weren't there when any of this happened, go ahead and have a field day. It's not going to deter us from running our tournament. It's not going to deter our regulars from playing in our tournament every week. I've spoken with a number of them, and they all support us, namely because they know our tournament is legitimate (with the exception of this one mishap).

With that said, we did make a VERY grave mistake. No, the mistake was NOT deciding on the DQ. The mistake was allowing the highest-calibur Elo players to participate. When we first created this tournament, it was designed for smaller fish. It was designed for newer competitive players to see a small part of the competitive scene. It was designed to get new teams some small experience and further their competitive experience from that point forward (hopefully). We allowed admission to any players who wanted to play, and never truly expected Council members and top-Elo members, such as L0CUST and Messiah to participate. Now that we have had a good look at the way these "top players" operate, we really would prefer nothing to do with them.

This is not to say that EVERY top player is a garbage human being. We did not have EVERY top player in our tournament this weekend, so that is unfair to say. However, some of the players on those final two teams are not welcome ever again.

L0CUST, you did technically start this whole thing, and while all you did was ask a question and essentially request a restart, it is probably better than you don't play again. I believe you aren't playing in general anymore anyway. Reginald, the disgusting display of humanity you put on in the vent server is enough to make me physically ill. I honestly hope that your 10-year-old girl temper tantrum was only a one-time thing, but I'll believe the other hundred people on this forum who claim you are always like this. In fact, ALL of this happened because 15 people on a vent server couldn't stop you from ranting, raging and screaming. Listening to you curse, scream and cry for an entire hour makes me truly sorry for your parents, friends, and every human being who will ever come in contact with you. Do the community a favor and please stop playing immediately, before you disgrace the game and humanity even further. Messiah, since you bend over at the whim of your leader and agree with every whiny, crybaby statement he makes, then you can follow him out the door. The fact that you didn't have enough of a pair to step up and tell him to shut up made me lose any and all respect for you. Please, take your fanboys and go back to solomid, so you can get bossed around by a crying Reginald even more. Pathetic.

I doubt the other members of the Council or the other top-Elo players will want to play in our tournament after this past weekend, and that is completely fine with us. We are returning to our roots and putting on more friendly tournaments for the mid-Elo competitive scene. We *might* also change the name of the tournament, just to expel the final remnants of this disgraceful display of humanity for good. Details will be posted sometime during the week about the format.

I would also like to ask any Admins (although it won't happen, sadly) to close this worthless 60-page cryfest. It's long overdue and is 90% filled with people who had nothing to do with anything about the tournament AT ALL.

Until then, you can all feel free to resume your speculations. I've already posted what happened twice, believe whatever you want.

Pete
"Dapacman"
PROUD to be 1/5 of GpK
This post makes me happy I did decide to keep reading this thread.

Overall my thoughts on the issue:

1) I'm sad TakashiX and I had a party that night and missed playing in the tourny. Being 2/5ths of the Solomid team we probably could have talked some sense into Regi, he's a decent person but he often forgets his manners when things go wrong. I believe if everyone handled this in a reasonable / level headed manner this whole matter could have been avoided.

2) Bad press is only slander to me until I've heard both sides of the story. That being said I wasn't going to participate in any future tournaments hosted by you guys because of A) Messiahs story and B) aRcKuS's response on your behalf. I'd recommend you have a talk with him about PR for your tourney... his responses were of the same or lower quality than Reginald's when hes raging. They lacked elegance/manners but also said very little to defend your decision, or even explain why things happened.

3) What went down wasn't "just and fair." Period. There is no way to say that you're administration is fair when they don't follow their own rules. That being said, my team may have deserved a DQ based on how they acted. If I was an admin and I had to listen to 60 minutes of a team raging at me I'd be prone to DQ them too, so I can see where you're coming from. The best solution at this point would be to add new rules to your website and assure the community that you'll follow them in the future.

Overall this issue definitely didn't deserve 60+ pages of bad PR, but as administrators you should expect to have to take responsibility for your actions. With power comes responsibility, this true of almost any administration over a free group of people. I'll not let this one issue destroy the legitimacy of your tournament in my eyes, everyone makes mistakes, but I would much prefer you actually state that deciding a finals game for a tournament was a mistake instead of pinning it on "Letting Top-Elo teams into the tournament." That's the easy way out and you know it.

The mistake was made when you decided to give L0cust's team the win for a game that wasn't played when there was no foul-play. After that point I'm sure you would have had plenty of legitimate reasons to DQ the solomid team. They probably flamed admins and made asses of themselves.

Well I'll still keep your tournament as one to watch on my radar, hopefully you'll deal with issues like these better in the future and hopefully players can be more civil in the future.

Kolyen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRcKuS View Post
Truthfully, this matters not, Messiah and L0CUST can both cut off there nose to spite there face if they want. This tourney is dead, good job Messiah you successfully killed it. As for Krebb actually TRYING to figure something out and being met with bs, that sucks. You guys should all really just calm down, do a rematch and continue on, but like I said after this awesome thread GpK tourney is done. Truthfully, I understand why everyone got upset, but you guys act like there is no hope or alternative to this awesome situation we are in now.
Well I hope your tourney is over! Come on... Did you really take a decision based on what kind of number one of you was thinking? SERIOUSLY?!

I read all 44 pages until this post and i'll finish reading what's left. Since page 1, I still can't understand that GUESS game part.

Oh and yeah... Dunno who said that but that **** about "Ignoring a law doesn't void it". I'm 100% with that. BUT there's NO verbal law in any justice system. All the laws are written down on something and you always have to warn the players about it, no matter how late they are.

Get your **** together and act like a serious person if you want to host something successful.

RentedRed

03-22-2010

Quote:
Well said Dapacman, like you I'll still be allowing players to host tournies on my vent server. And I'll be hosting a tournament this week as well, despite all that has happened.

We want to bring competition to the community, though we are still learning how to do this to fit all needs of players.

Reginald

03-22-2010

Quote:

Pete
"Dapacman"
PROUD to be 1/5 of GpK

This disappoints me because, GPK is a lying sack of ****. I obviously raged, you can ask the 20 people in the channel? Was i really raging or did i defend varnok and tell people to stop annoying him, because i obviously didnt care about the prizes. It sickens me that GPK would have to lie to maintain their PR when i obviously did not rage. Im not the type of person that would lie over the internet to keep kids from thinking that im a good person LOL. It's just sad that GPK would need to lie to keep themselves from looking bad. Grackis, WorstCase,Unversable,Elementz, was there ... DID I RAGE? LOL I was just telling them i would play l0custs team w.o runes/ or 4v5 and still win. Trash talking is no where near to cussing at the admins. LOL. So what ? The story is that i started raging at them and cussing at them for a whole hour? No.. I left vent after 10 minutes and came back to just listen to the 30 players in there *****ing at varnok for being a fuktard and after i still told them to leave varnok alone. Too bad the GPK people are fuking lying *******s that have no ounce of dignity. How can you possibly lie, when someone was defending you and telling people to stop raging at you, even though they took the fall for it? I only entered the tournament to smash on l0cust's team because i received a challenge from unversable .. Why would i care about a tiny insignificant tourney hosted by a bunch lying ****** bags? SURE you guys appeared to be nice and kind , donating 100 dollars to us. How you guys handled it? no..... How you guys lied about me raging ?? no..... The only thing i did was simply ban l0cust,flankd and luumis from vent, nothing else.

I may be bad mannered and i may flame kids for being terrible and bad.... but i would not lie about NOT flaming people when 30 people were in the channel. You guys are despicable for even lying about me raging. I never insulted the admin once until, he began to lie of how i acted on the forums. The people who were threatening you were not AON, infact it was the community of league of legends who watched the stream. They immediately joined vent to bash on you guys. I was the person telling them to stop . YOU ******S. My team left vent before 20 minutes even hit, 1 hour really LOL? Maybe it was the 1 hour of bashing that you guys took from the community for being such illogical dumbasses.