Warwick is too strong.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KolpineAsteurals

03-21-2010

Ok first off, I am a pretty good player, with many more kills than deaths. But lately, I've seen warwick with his now EVEN BETTER ult just destroy teams by himself. Does riot really think it's fair to make a champion that can stun you and kill you in two seconds flat while recovering their own health? DO THEY REALLY THINK ITS FAIR TO HAVE HIM RUN FASTER THAN YOU SO YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING??? If you have half life around him, you are automatically dead. simple as that. even with teammates around, because he will kill them too. Riot, please take a look at that rediculously overpowered hero and see what needs to be done.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-21-2010

this is a troll right?
if not, i will tell you why it may be considered one:
1. his ult is single target, it cannot "Destroy teams" it literally does no damage, and the stun you can cleanse out of, if he ults you in a team fight, you r team should be able to kill him before the the ult is over
2. his ult stuns himself
3. To run faster than you he also gives you a HUGE RED BLINKING warning light so you know he's nearby and to get to saftey
4. he's underpowered atm
5. that's called lifesteal, you can do it too with items

d4nk

03-21-2010

You're lying. I'd love to see a warwick kill someone in 2 seconds without any help, it would make my day.

You fought a good warwick, get over it.

Kazzier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

Warwick is my main and without trying to be big headed I think im a decent player.

However Warwick has a heck of alot of disadvantages.

His ultimate is pritty good but has to be timed perfect or his ultimate turns into a suicide. As I say, im good with him but by no means do I think he is too strong, infact quite the oppasite in some respects. He is a oppertunist and if he gets an opertunity to kill you, you shouldnt have let him get the option.

Just sounds like you went up against a good player to me.

Ergal

03-21-2010

"EVEN BETTER" Ulti? Good joke - It has changed and now warwick does only 5 not 6 hits by it and so stun got nerfed from 2 to 1.7s (yeah it helps warwick becouse he is 'stuned' by this time as well)

It's really he worst "jump into" ability (becouse you get stuned at the and, and u can use it anly on enemy while most can use their abil to escape) as well as the worst stun (cos it stuns both - one enemy and you)

Late game warwick nad do a lot more damage with his normal attack to a standing still for 1.7s char than with this ulti.

And as warwick player i must say - warwick in team fights sucks a lot! cos he has no AOE or range ability. And also he is the worst champion to lane with and as i said he has no escape mechanism
There is 1 simple way to counter warwick - Exhaust:
- easy to cast on him (he must be close to do anything to you)
- makes warwick out of combat (he cannot deal damage becouse of miss chance)
- makes him easy to chase/kill (he can escape only by running - slow works great on him)

CMFL

Recruiter

03-21-2010

You are the first person, ever, that has said Warwick is too strong that I've ever heard. I can explain the phenomenon you experienced as in the 55 games I've played with Warwick I've been able to do it twice. Keep in mind, these two games were a rarity.

1. You played against a player who was likely more skilled than most of the players on your team
2. You fed Warwick, a lot, and early

Warwick, much like many characters, when fed early is insane. Ever went against a really well fed Yi? It's the same type of situation. When you are geared out and a much higher level than the opponent and playing a high damage capable character especially with life steal, these situations can occur.

The games when I've been fed a lot and early with Warwick went like this. Keep in mind, this is ideal situation and is kind of rare to go this well. I jungle and get both buffs, Lizard second (brings me to level 4, skills 2/1/1/0). Whoever was soloing a 2 man lane is soloing bot, and is tower hugging at this point with both the other characters below half. I'll come from the top and double kill. Then we'll kill the dragon, and I'll get to 6 real fast, get gear, and start ganking. If they other players let me, I gank every time the ult is up and only jungle for buffs. This has only happened this ideally twice for me. Ever.

In this situation, good teams will start making ganks hard for me. Some teams don't. Now, they are dying, I'm getting fed and geared and I keep stacking on hit items. End fed game I'll have bloodrazor, wit's end, malady and black cleaver, whatever boots appropriate for game, and guardian angel. At this point, and much higher level than the opponents, I'm hard to kill. In one game I went 27/7/14 and my team had 45 kills, meaning only 5 kills I wasn't a part of. This is very rare, and the other team has to feed me big time early for this to happen. The funniest thing about this game is that it was a pug and one guy in champ select said he'd quit if a jungled. After the game, he added me as a friend and DEMANDED I jungle! Haha

Even with the items I listed above, your ult won't destroy an entire team. Most characters it won't even kill outright unless they are underleveled/undergeared/low on health already. And you stun YOURSELF, can get focused.

My point is Warwick is NOT overpowered. He is actually now getting to be very viable, especially after last patch. Just don't feed him. Don't feed anyone. Many characters can be insane if fed, and Warwick is one of those champs.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Cleanse destroys his ult. It was mentioned in an above post by techn00bsauce, but it would like to mention it again. If you have cleanse, I DO NOT ult you as Warwick unless you've used it and I saw you use it.

Zeta

03-21-2010

Cleanse, thornmail, dead Warwick

ElementX

03-21-2010

=.= no he isnt he is a normal champion and a lot of fun playing. if you cant beat him then your just not good enough. warwick is not OP.

vileguy

03-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolpineAsteurals View Post
Ok first off, I am a pretty good player, with many more kills than deaths. But lately, I've seen warwick with his now EVEN BETTER ult just destroy teams by himself. Does riot really think it's fair to make a champion that can stun you and kill you in two seconds flat while recovering their own health? DO THEY REALLY THINK ITS FAIR TO HAVE HIM RUN FASTER THAN YOU SO YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING??? If you have half life around him, you are automatically dead. simple as that. even with teammates around, because he will kill them too. Riot, please take a look at that rediculously overpowered hero and see what needs to be done.
Ok first off, I am a pretty good player, with many more kills than deaths. But lately, I'e seen dr mundo with his now ACTUALLY WORSE ulti just destroy teams by himself. Does riot really think it's fair to make a champion that can slow you and kill you in two seconds flat while recovering their own health? DO THEY REALLY THINK ITS FAIR TO HAVE HIM RUN FASTER THAN YOU SO YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING??? If you have half life around him you are automatically dead. simple as that. even with teammates around, because he will kill them too. Riot, lease take a look at that rediculously overpowered hero and see what needs to be done.

insert any hero with faster than normal attack speed, health, armor etc. it's not fair for a hero to have more of anything than you.

68iOweYou1

03-21-2010

WW ult is strong.. lol dunno why people are saying its not they clearly don't know how to build him.

lets say u get madreds > wits end > malady > lizard buff

madreds deals 4% of their hp someone with 2k hp that = 80 dmg

wits end = 42 dmg

lizard buff = 30 dmg

malady = 36 dmg

80 (madreds) + 42 (wits end) + 30 (lizard buff) + 36 (malady) + 80 (infinite duress bonus dmg) + 30 (infinite duress 33% of his attack dmg)

is a total of 298 dmg per strike each time his ult hits so times that by 5 and thats nearly 1.5k dmg AND u can catch them by suprise jump out from the jungle get them annoying casters which is in some casters ... you will have blood lust can easily chase them down after your ult and if your in a 5 vs 5 situation im sure your team will finish them off..

which is why i think WW is also very important in a 5 vs 5... he also gives a aura buff to the entire team and can easily take out the opponents team main DPS which is very important and helps the team alot.