[Guide] Sivir, The Battle Mistress

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floatzel

08-11-2009

This is the best guide made yet. Fully detailed with the obsessive player in mind though enough generalities that an amateur can use it.

Also, I am fairly certain your spell shield will block singes throw. As a singe player, I have been thwarted NUMEROUS times by the morgana spell shield and I am fairly certain that boost spell shields will deflect throws as well. No damage, no knockback. Since your spell shield is basically a boost shield, I think you should be able to block throws.

Lollerman

08-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post
This is the best guide made yet. Fully detailed with the obsessive player in mind though enough generalities that an amateur can use it.

Also, I am fairly certain your spell shield will block singes throw. As a singe player, I have been thwarted NUMEROUS times by the morgana spell shield and I am fairly certain that boost spell shields will deflect throws as well. No damage, no knockback. Since your spell shield is basically a boost shield, I think you should be able to block throws.
It's nothing like black shield or Boost, it doesn't dispell debuffs, it simply blocks one skill that's targeted on Sivir that isn't an ultimate.

Case in point: I just had a Warwick rip me to shreds with Infinite Duress while my shield was up.

On topic: I used shield against Jax's Leap Strike, but I completely forgot to check if he did any significant damage (I had BUTT LOADS of armour).

Husbane

08-11-2009

Just to get it out of the way, I'm pretty new to this game and even newer to this Champion. I've been focusing on Spiral Blade for harassing early game, getting the ring that gives +10AP/+hp/+mp5 first to have some survivability. This build goes along with a totally different style of play, and I don't know that I would choose it every time, but for what it's designed for, it sounds amazing. As the OP said, not glorious, but it sounds like fun.

BlackNadir

08-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
I slightly disagree with this, there is no one way to play sivir. Someone focusing on AP can still maintain the lane pushing power of sivir (in fact perhaps even more power) plus your blade will hit for some where around 600-700 damage (ability boots/2x lucky picks/soulstealer/brilliance potion).

Stacking AP is a little overkill on her, I would wager. One AP item or some runes is enough to destroy an entire army wave with a single throw. This leaves more room for physical damage or survivability items.

Zeyk

08-12-2009

I'm almost positive I've stopped Amumu's ult with her spellblock.

Footman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

Been following this guide closely for a few games now. I think if I were to make any changes, it would be to hold off on Infinity Edge after BF Sword and Pickaxe and go straight for building Stark's Fervor instead, then after Stark's is built you finish up that Infinity Edge.

Krow

09-01-2009

I like to get bloodthirster after starks, cuz at this point you're doing decent damage and wiping out creeps easy. you'll stack the 40 stacks really quick and get 100 damage and 25% more lifesteal...50% of your attacks = health now

Oh and spellshield is good for nunu and karthas ults... which saves alot of health

Shillen

09-01-2009

Ricochet is really weak for the first half of the game. I don't see how you can focus on that over spiral blade. Even with no ap items my spiral blade will kill entire creep waves when the skill is maxed out. And with just a meki pendant at level 1 you can regen enough mana to cast spiral blade one time every single creepwave. This is exactly what I do for the early part of the game, too. My main goal is to hit every creep with spiral blade every wave. If I hit an enemy hero that's just a bonus. Then I clean up all the low hp creeps with auto-attacks. Doing this, unless I'm up against another sivir, I will hold the creeps on the enemy tower the entire time, denying them last-hits. And it won't take long at all for the tower to crumble. I'll use ricochet sparingly but the goal is to use spiral blade every wave. Ricochet is more of a late game skill, IMO.

I also don't agree on summoner skills. I always take teleport and revive. The ability to teleport to a lane and flip it instantly is incredibly invaluable. Sivir is not only a tower killer, but a tower saver, too. My favorite is when 3+ enemy heroes are closing in on a tower with a massive creepwave aiming to knock it out. I teleport in and with a well aimed spiral blade take out their entire creep wave in 5 seconds. They either have to tank the tower or back up for more creeps. Meanwhile the rest of my team is pushing the other 2 lanes with little hinderance.

Revive is likewise extremely valuable. For one I always tend to be the highest level player on my team because of Sivir's pushing power and I'm also the biggest pain in the ass for the enemy team. This means I'm going to be their primary target. Of course you want to do everything you can to not die but it's probably going to happen since your only escape ability is your ult. If you can get back into the action immediately and continue pushing it's an incredible boon to your team. Not to mention all the additional gold and exp you get that you wouldn't have gotten if you were still dead. It's also great when your team loses a team battle, you might be able to single-handedly prevent defeat by reviving and turning lanes/harrassing the enemy team's push.

As for runes I like the exp quints. I usually hit level 18 at least 3 levels (sometimes 4-5) before most everyone else and I find this level advantage greatly enhances my survivability during mid-game.

Redrach

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
Ricochet is really weak for the first half of the game. I don't see how you can focus on that over spiral blade. Even with no ap items my spiral blade will kill entire creep waves when the skill is maxed out. And with just a meki pendant at level 1 you can regen enough mana to cast spiral blade one time every single creepwave.
I agree. Spiral Blade also has the added advantage that you can use it to do significant harassment to heroes early game as well as finish off heroes.
Spiral Blade should definitely be the first spell to pick, as well as the first to be maxed.
Ricochet should be maxed mid-game to early-late-game when you'll have enough damage to rapidly kill creeps with it.

As for items, I usually get a Bloodthirster as my first item after Philosopher's and Boots. You can rack up damage very quickly, and the lifesteal can help you lane and stay alive in team fights.
Followed up by Stark's Fervor and a Warmog's Armor.
If my team has fewer DPS champions I skip Stark's Fervor and head straight for Phantom Dancer.

Kuraku

09-13-2009

for the Spell block, what about Taric's stun?

12345678 ... 9