No Fighting other champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeyk

08-27-2009

This strategy is what Sivir and Twisted Fate are made for. The other heroes don't really compare IMO.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg420 View Post
the details arn't necessary, it's just basic distraction/divide and conquer type stuff.

we should play sometime
We should, I'll add ya

NinjaBoyLao

08-28-2009

After losing my first 10 games with Chogath and Amumu, my next 8 games with Sivir has been a success with this strategy.

Look for a free lane when you are around level 6 and up.
Count the numbers of enemy on the minimap,if 5 and noone is on your target lane, teleport to that said lane.
Push with Ricochet.
And always watch your minimap, if more than one is missing, tele back to base or go back to step 1.
When you reach the tower, Pop up your Ulti,Kill the tower. Repeat step one.

If only one is missing, I'd rather continue pushing because one isn't enough to stop me raping their tower.

Works like a charm.

Armence

08-28-2009

I'd like to clarify that the strategy is a general guideline I use, not a hard rule to be followed blindly. If enemy champions try a sustained attack against the pusher, then he should of course call in for help and deal with the threat.
But the point is that a single pusher can get pretty far unless countered. That means the enemy has the choice of dealing with you aggressively (and if you are willing to hit and run, that can tie up much of there team for a long time) or ignore you and risk you basically breaking a whole lane. Both are bad choices.
The boring aspect can be easily remedied by switching around who is grinding forward on that lane.

To answer the question by someone, I play mostly Morgana because that means I can start off with an AoE and at higher level, she holds up pretty decently against enemy champions.

Ryderia

08-31-2009

Something that took people in TF2 (sorry for the cross game analogy) forever to realize, and the same problem is popping up hardcore in LoL, is that scoreboard does not equal skill.

I usually ran Trist for melting towers (she took a bit more build-up than Sivir, but, in my opinion, she could do it much faster), but since the nerf I've been wanting to try others. Played a match last night running Sivir, pushing top mostly solo (I had a lanemate, but he spent more time dead than alive). Once I got my ulti and my BFSword, I started melting down every tower on the map. I wish I was joking, but within 6~8 minutes they were down 4 towers from me pushing towers. End game my k/d was only 4/6/4, but I can tell you right now, that my teams skill with killing had nothing to do with our win. I melted every single tower and inhibitor they had off the face of this earth, and that, with my terrible k/d, is what won it for us.

A good pusher is something every team can use, because that can make a 40 minute even game turn into a 20 minute stomp.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

09-01-2009

Ryderia how did the rest of your team fair in that game?

Golly

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
@Jpg say you manage this here laning tattic sucessfully and push to their base by level 12 or so (reasonable I think) That's two-three towers down, at the same time the rest of your team is likely losing every single team fight they get into and are being out numbered and out pushed on the other lanes - lets say another three or four down, across the three lanes. Who gains the most experience and who is in the better position to win the game as it continues?
On the contrary, usually our team with either me or jpg as siver will be killing baron at lvl 12 and swinging in for the game soon after.

The really good teams we have faced will be on the watch and try to gank us at baron. The repeat good teams we have set up fake-baron ambushes there. Either way, this is generally the turning point of the game.

And this isn't to say that all we do is put siver in a lane and do 4v5. Typically we don't siver push a lane until we get a gank. Then we do a split push.

Even if you are down on kills, late game Siver + Taric with teleport can wreck a base if that lane has been previously pushed. We've done this numerous times.

Our record was outer tower, inhib, inner towers and main base in about 15 seconds with one other person teleporting with us and our ults up.

BigCat

09-01-2009

I've been trying to push towers with Alistar every time I play him, though in 1v1 and 2v2 lanes it usually won't translate to a large advantage unless we actually score kills (or take phenomenal advantage of shopping absences). In 1v1, you can push and drop a tower, but I find against most decent opponents, it doesn't really happen until he gets his ult (or unless you end up mismatched against against a lower level champ). 2v1, though, with a decent partner (and no silly deaths), that first tower should drop before L6, imo. I would expect gankers to come before then, though.

I have found that once his own tower goes down, Alistar switches well, since the stun-push is nice to assist on kills, and he can stay just long enough to take advantage of the kill to help drop the tower. I've only tried that in a couple of games, but I suspect I'll be trying it more now that it's on my mind.

Ryderia

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
Ryderia how did the rest of your team fair in that game?
They held their own, but they mostly just kept ganks off me while I melted towers after a really terrible start.

DiZasteR

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
2v1, though, with a decent partner (and no silly deaths), that first tower should drop before L6, imo. I would expect gankers to come before then, though.
wrong wrong wrong.

first of all, if you are playing 2v1 the other player will be a higher level than you and if hes any decent (and most likely a ranged nuker because melee solos tend to get driven back) he will be able to keep you at a distant because he will have more last hits (gold) and xp.
If im soloing i always find myself going to the other team's tower and even forcing the other 2 players to go back all the time to regen hp because i got a very aggressive playing style during laning.
so with a half-decent player playing a caster or ranged dps you should be able to pretty much win the 2v1 laning