!?! why even play kog !?! (not raging, i promise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Blade100

05-03-2011

[QUOTE=Kuryaka;8501367]Kog's strong earlygame as an AP caster - over 500 base HP at level 1 allows him to take a few hits while he counters with Void Ooze, which is a SLOWING line shot that does not decrease in damage as it penetrates.[QUOTE]

lvl one they dash or focus in the bushes and his complete lack of lvl armor and mr let him drop easy. his auto atk range when not using W is so low it takes one step to reach him (i believe lowest base ranged of all the ranged chars).

[QUOTE=Kuryaka;8501367] Living Artillery is better than Corki's missiles for scouting and just overall harrassing - can reach behind minions, less of a DPS tool than another way to go Kog. It's not especially good, but can help kill enemies from afar, and he can keep doing this even at low HP from afar.[QUOTE]

yes, it has good range and can go through minions. but low dmg on anyone but the most dedicated squishy, and to do any real harm it costs a ton of mana, which you don't have unless u invest, one more thing that takes away from his W (his skills don't mesh well in some ways)

[QUOTE=Kuryaka;8501367]Without items, Kog'maw has the highest base DPS of all DPS champs due to Bio-Arcane. With items, he's pretty balanced - stronger than most, but doesn't have any way to chase or escape. Kiting with Void Ooze helps with escapes as long as the enemy doesn't have dash.[QUOTE]

yes, highest dmg, except lvl 1 you need to have void ooze and it costs so much mana u cannot ever harass with it, unless u get meki pendent, which makes him that much less of a threat after he uses that ability. u cannot kite void ooze, it costs too much. and remember, he dies before he can do dmg, and early game, W IS his dmg. w/o W early game, he is a squishy, low range, no escape, low dmg,champ who invites all herassment and feeds unless he has a stun for a teammate.

i love playing kog, he is a ton of fun, but he cannot carry at all.

Hqwxuz

05-03-2011

Well I usually play Ap kog, but As Kog is nice too. 10% of enemies hp at 2.5 attacks per second just chews through chars. His r gives decent dmg and scouts areas so its like a ashe hawk every 1 secs with dmg. He slows pretty hard with void ooze and gets passive speed boost from q. I didnt even mention the insane rane on his w yet. I dont want any buffs to As kog if it means a nerf to ap kog which in my opinion is much better. Maybe u should try ap if u can land a skill shot.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

Kog needs to have Caustic Spittle reworked into something useful. It is extremely bad as is and utterly useless.

I would recommend they turn it into more of a utility spell. Increase range to 800, half the damage, lower the cost, and have it lower enemy armor AND magic resistance (not just armor) by a significant amount for 8 seconds or so. This way it could actually be used before unloading with Barrage for a party-wide DPS boost. The current one, theres no way kog would want to get to 600 range just for a small armor debuff, esp when he usually does MAGICAL damage!

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

You make it sound like he shouldn't of gotten nerfed. AP Kog pre nerf was a ****ing monster in mid.

Degnared

05-04-2011

I still play him because he's way more fun than most ranged carries. But you're right, his damage AND survivability are lacking compared to Corki and Tristana, and his utility is lacking compared to Ashe. I think what Riot was going for was a versatile ranged carry (can be played effectively as AD/AS, AP, or AS/MPen), so they couldn't make him as strong as more specialized champs. But the issue is that you only ever gt to select one build per game, so he's always going to be weaker than his counterparts. AD does the most damage, but why would you pick Kog'Maw and go AD? AP is not very effective in my opnion. Yes, you'll never die, but you're really not helping your team all that much by have 6 seconds of glory (but still less damage than AD!), then poking with an ability that has terrible ratios. AS/Mpen is nice because it's hard to counter your damage, but it plays exactly the same as AD. He's effective on a team that's basically built around him (lots of CC), but really, I'd rather have a champion where I don't feel guilty for picking him, because I know that other champions do his job better.

The one thing I find that he does very well is absolutely ruin a few common mids like Ashe and Twisted Fate, so I guess he can be a reasonable counter pick. I suppose he's also a reasonable pick against very tanky teams, but Renekton, Jarvan, Rumble etc., tend to just squash Koggie in teamfights.

Shampu

05-04-2011

Not sure why this is being downvoted. It has been pretty clear for 2 entire meta-game shifts now that Kog isn't in a position where he can excel at anything (including living). I think he needs a rework on his passive and Q, and his scaling needs a rework. He needs to be a ranged carry, not a hybrid.

Sunwise

05-04-2011

Brotip: If you need to assure people you aren't raging... you are.

Luigrein

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
You know whats gona mess up your head even more?

That Malz makes a better ranged carry than Koggie since his base W deals 45% AoE HP damage (Kogies base W will do to a 36% to a single person (6%x6 hits)).

To be fair, bio arcane barrage gives six SECONDS of boosted autoattacks rather then 6 shots. At low levels its about the same thing but if you build for attack speed you can get up to 15 shots in that window. Not that Malz % based damage zone doesnt have its own advantages but Kog is anywhere from 36% (at high level I think even just caustic spittle will get you above 6 shots) to 90%

As a random aside, I know his passive isn't you know, GOOD, but it is a lot of fun, at least to me :P Best explosion I've had yet involved Jarvan trapping two of them in an arena with my body.

King Arrudar

05-04-2011

morello was looking at kogMaw last week.
Thinking about nerfing him.

Skeleton Jáck

05-04-2011

The current metagame is still tanky dps. Kog is a perfect counter to that metagame.

He is not an auto attack champion like others are. You can't just go in and auto attack until someone dies. You are a hit and run champion. And you use your superior range capacity to ensure than you don't die. If you enough in the lead to where they initiate on you, then the first thing you did wrong was even play a ranged carry to begin with. Doesn't matter which carry that happens to be.

Kog has his own playstyle. Stay behind your team, harass with W and R, and never use your slow except to escape or to stop a runner. Hit and run, hit and run.