+Suggestion+ How to fix the effect Leavers have

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenophobed

05-04-2011

yeah its the only solution ive truely found that isnt TO abuseable because of how insignificant it is. But the fact its somethin turns every crappy game into a not to crappy game.

It's not that it fixes leavers

It fixes the effect they have. This is the most powerful un abusable and fair solution i've found,

In other words , It's the best we got.

GrandBreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophobed View Post
yeah its the only solution ive truely found that isnt TO abuseable because of how insignificant it is. But the fact its somethin turns every crappy game into a not to crappy game.

It's not that it fixes leavers

It fixes the effect they have. This is the most powerful un abusable and fair solution i've found,

In other words , It's the best we got.
Thats the reason it needs a complete overhaul. The simple fact that it IS the best we've got. You have some good ideas, but HL Jeebus brings up one very good point that is a big counter: there are LOTS of people that, quite frankly, do this **** just to do it.

As a wise gamer once said:

Most people come in contact with trolls from time to time, but few truly understand them. Their primary source of nutrition is the tears and rage of the woefully ignorant, but they are also known to feed on blatant antagonization. Though of base intelligence, they have devised a clever method of watching other creatures speak, then regurgitate noises to coax the production of sustenance from others (the aforementioned tears and rage). This regurgitation has several side effects, of which can be: Temporary loss of critical thinking, loud outbursts of nonsensical gibberish, abnormal aggressiveness, and a desire to spread their discomfort. This is another cleverly designed genetic adaptation; if they are able to contaminate victims that are especially susceptible to the toxins, they can create an almost self sustaining food supply. This has proven especially successful due to the notoriously short memory capacity, child-like ignorance, and thin skin of the indigenous tribes of the Forums. The toxin is easily cured. Simply take one dose of S.T.F.U. (Surcease Transmission of Fallacious Utterances) immediately after initial exposure, or as soon as possible. Then take another dose every 4-6 minutes as needed for symptoms. Though the best way to handle it is to avoid contamination in the first place

Xenophobed

08-14-2011

How do i respond to this.. Lol? Go troll elsewhere... I am welcome to accepting new ideas, Which of course will be placed right on the front page post.... As long as they are not abuseable and will work.

Any who agree this is a solution either thumbs up the first post or type /signed in a reply if you want wallflower credit =D

GC Nate

08-15-2011

not a bad post. I agree.

I think bonus ip at least for finishing a game with a leaver in it is legit.

also- if we had an avoid player feature we could be sure we never get stuck with the same leaver/troll ever again.

come over to my thread and post if you get a chance.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1086669

MindFlux

09-02-2011

Even just a "loss forgiven" would make me happy.

/signed

Xenophobed

10-13-2011

important thread. 50+ replies, thousands of hits. Needs a bump =D

NoOtherDestiny

10-13-2011

Well increased IP/EXP have no effect on me since I already have all champs, level 30 and a surplus of IP with most T3 runes. It still ruins games for me, we just need steeper penalties for the leavers (especially in ranked) and better ways of handling it.

- Increase XP/Gold gains for remaining players.
- 5 minute timer which reduces when the player is disconnected or spends more then 1 minute in the start spot or spends more then 3 minutes without attacking or getting attacked. Once the timer runs out, they are marked as a leaver, booted from the game, cannot reconnect, they drop all their items at the start spot, with their gold distributed to the remaining players. (Yes like HoN's rule)

The above rules would hopefully keep the teams balanced and remove those who ruin the game via AFking or constant DC only showing up again to prevent leaver.

SirSmashMcCrunch

10-13-2011

Even loss forgivens are good. I don't even know the conditions for a loss forgiven, but it seems that a 4v5 isn't one of them.

Well, whatever...

/signed

Nithryok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

BETTER OPTION, give a 5% boost to all stats on the leavers team per person that leaves to make it balanced. even 1 v 5 with a 20% boost to all stats.. thats still a **** hard fight to lose.

seleleth

02-06-2012

I like the idea of taking the IP which would have been given to the leaver and distributing it among the other four. More on this discussion:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1788640