[Items] LoL Best Buys for patch v1.0.0.79

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AutoSponge

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
What's the value bonus of Mandred's versus a 2500 hp target?
total value = 6248.89, diff = 1648.89 (between full rod of ages and half warmog's).

Kelin

03-16-2010

Did you assume 100 AP for zhonya? (it's between the brackets).

It's kinda odd since zhonya alone gives 120 in new patch. And I'm curious howmuch the value of zhonya is with 300 AP.

Also, with the stack items (leviathan, mejai etc) did you calculate the 20 stacks bonuses (cdr and the -15 % damage received etc). Especially leviathan is impossible to calculate that way.

AutoSponge

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelin View Post
Did you assume 100 AP for zhonya? (it's between the brackets).

It's kinda odd since zhonya alone gives 120 in new patch. And I'm curious howmuch the value of zhonya is with 300 AP.

Also, with the stack items (leviathan, mejai etc) did you calculate the 20 stacks bonuses (cdr and the -15 % damage received etc). Especially leviathan is impossible to calculate that way.
I did put the CDR on the full stack version (but that honestly doesn't raise the value much). The (100) on z-ring indicates 100 AP from other sources. Both are added and the +25% applied. The z-ring without the condition is a straight 120 +25%.

GuyGin

03-16-2010

Would like to see your analysis of Wit's End, of course versus enemies with mana.

ALCie

03-16-2010

Wow this is a great list.

Do you use the lowest pure source of a stat as the cost per unit? If so I'm interested in seeing if any items cost more than they are worth.

Also, how do things like Starks and Aegis (condition = number of allies) fit in? With all 5 allies in the auras I'd assume they would place close to the top of the list.

Ebonclaw

03-16-2010

Hey this is interesting!

I think it's ironic that it is just working with raw stats. I've been meaning to do a valuation of specifically the OTHER items, those with interesting passives and procs. Perhaps we could work together on something. I know that the valuation of a passive such as Rylai's would be totally arbitrary, but I'm curious to at least extrapolate reasonably assumed values.

Then a spreadsheet could be produced, weighting certain factors like Crit Chance, raw Ability Power, Dodge %, Slow On Hit, etc, differently for each character, and 'optimal core builds' could be worked out. Of course, rune and mastery choice, as well as other factors can never be represented, but it sure would be exciting to have such a tool to work with.

EasymodeX

03-17-2010

Quote:
but I'm curious to at least extrapolate reasonably assumed values.
I would suggest leaving that up to the discretion of the reader. This list is good because it's simple, direct, and evaluates the raw stats. It's up to the player to understand and account for the specific limitations, conditions, and synergies for each item.

For example -- Mandred's bonus damage is magic damage, and on any likely champion that will be buying this, they will have no magic penetration, so its "real" value would be reduced a bit.

Quote:
Then a spreadsheet could be produced, weighting certain factors like Crit Chance, raw Ability Power, Dodge %, Slow On Hit, etc, differently for each character, and 'optimal core builds' could be worked out.
If you do go down that path, I highly suggest an option in the spreadsheet to truncate all analysis / weighting with only raw stats purchasable in-game.

AutoSponge

03-17-2010

I currently have 2 spreadsheets. One that calculates DPS for items using factors like armor, crit, AS, and bonus procs and another that does basic, raw, value calculations for every non-unique stat in the game. The two are very different but I may try to further merge them going forward.

To the point about Madred's, it also holds true for SotD. The average MR will reduce the proc by 20-40% and greatly reduce it's value. Maximizing these procs will require a team member to have Abyssal rod, you to have the right mastery, or you to carry a Void Staff (as it's unlikely for you to use mpen runes, but it's possible given all the hybrid builds out there).

HolyAvatar

03-17-2010

Can I get the price value of executionner at 250 and 300 attack? (it's not that hard to get 250 attack with it and it will show its efficiency as a late game item)

AutoSponge

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAvatar View Post
Can I get the price value of executionner at 250 and 300 attack? (it's not that hard to get 250 attack with it and it will show its efficiency as a late game item)
Executioner's Calling doesn't scale or anything. Aside from it's active, it values 58 over actual price (only slightly more value than just buying those stats on base items).