What to do if "Server is Busy"?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kigal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-16-2010

Players who pay for riot points should not have advantage of server ques. Believing you are a member of some exclusive front of the internet line club is absurd and arrogant. You paid for points and you spent them in your way of choosing. In no way does this entitle you a guaranteed spot over other users. This logic is flawed, and if implemented would result in nonpaying member to be unable to play during peak usage regardless of their in-game prowess. The purpose of this game is to promote friendly competition, not let the rich buy web time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinrok

Junior Member

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigal View Post
Players who pay for riot points should not have advantage of server ques. Believing you are a member of some exclusive front of the Internet line club is absurd and arrogant. You paid for points and you spent them in your way of choosing. In no way does this entitle you a guaranteed spot over other users. This logic is flawed, and if implemented would result in nonpaying member to be unable to play during peak usage regardless of their in-game prowess. The purpose of this game is to promote friendly competition, not let the rich buy web time.
i completely agree with ^ you don't see games with item malls giving people who spend money priority over ppl who don't, not everyone has a pot of gold next to them that they can just keep feeding into the Internet, i seriously think if you "paying customers" have a problem tell me one game that gives priority to paying people over non paying tell me one and i guarantee your wrong


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden1

Member

03-16-2010

Happened to me today, says server is full and busy and i can't enter.
I bought the game in store and yes i would like to be able to play it whenever I want
I totaly agree to give priority to game buyer over the free player. I was first playing for free and decided to buy it to encourage Riot because this is a game I like very much.
Now i'm really starting to think my money went to garbage

BTW: every fps game I played so far have server that you can pay to get a priority in, so don't tell me their's no game like that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeilSeven

Junior Member

03-16-2010

I'd just wanna see all those guys whinning "Hey i paid i must be first in any ques " and "hey my daddy is macho i bought 7689768 riot points" what they'd do if there were'nt any non-paying players...what matches they would join...its more than sure that free players are way better than all those whinners..just keep in mind that there are free players that bought twice in-game content than u did without using their dad's wallet..all companies nowday uses this microtransaction system because they see that free players give life to a server. Do you know how many MMOs companies/games stopped updates/maintenances or shut servers down or even went bankrupt beacuase of the P2P systems? DDO Online , Chronicles of Spellborn , Shadowbaneand the list goes on... So respect that some people CANT pay for their gaming...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ru3en

Junior Member

03-16-2010

maybe its also because a lot of EU-Users switch to the US Server because the game is there such a mess...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReD AnimaL WaR

Member

03-16-2010

ppl this game sucks! the server issues and no fix in sight. it repeats and it repeats.

i agree that ppl should get priority who pay for this **** managed game whos programmers making money with a beta or should i say alpha?

the chance that i will never pay something for this game is very high, end even when its were working 100% of the time. its a nive game, i have fun bit its only one map in normal game ...

and customers should be all pissed of for paying and then not getting on the server!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden1

Member

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilSeven View Post
I'd just wanna see all those guys whinning "Hey i paid i must be first in any ques " and "hey my daddy is macho i bought 7689768 riot points" what they'd do if there were any non-paying players...what matches they would join...its more than sure that free players are way better than all those whinners..just keep in mind that there are free players that bought twice in-game content than u did without using their dad's wallet..all companies nowday uses this microtransaction system because they see that free players give life to a server. Do you know how many MMOs companies/games stopped updates/maintenances or shut servers down or even went bankrupt beacuase of the P2P systems? DDO Online , Chronicles of Spellborn , Shadowbaneand the list goes on... So respect that some people CANT pay for their gaming...
What would you say if you would have bought a game lets say Call of duty 4 and you couldnt play it, would you be piss?


Its not even really about priority its just that people that paid for the game or spend money on it like me are really upset that they can't play something they paid for.

Simple rule: I paid for something I want to freakin use it, otherwise put a warning on the box in the store: " Even if you buy this game we don't garantee you will be able to play it"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashir Lightner

Member

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1 View Post
BTW: every fps game I played so far have server that you can pay to get a priority in, so don't tell me there's no game like that

Ummm unless I'm mistaken most FPSs you HAVE to pay to play period...so at the very least your claim of "Every" FPS having a option of paying for server priority is grossly overestimated. And reguardless, if you've paid for server priority you've paid for SERVER PRIORITY, not for runes or champions or anything like that. I don't care if you've sunk 1000$ bucks into this game, if not a cent was specifically allocated for a service, you shouldn't get it. In all fairness I must admit that I haven't bought any RP as of yet, however when my monetary situation changes I do plan on purchasing some. Riot Games has made a friggin' awesome game and they should be thanked for it...Let's not forget about that part.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden1

Member

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir Lightner View Post
Ummm unless I'm mistaken most FPSs you HAVE to pay to play period...so at the very least your claim of "Every" FPS having a option of paying for server priority is grossly overestimated. And reguardless, if you've paid for server priority you've paid for SERVER PRIORITY, not for runes or champions or anything like that. I don't care if you've sunk 1000$ bucks into this game, if not a cent was specifically allocated for a service, you shouldn't get it. In all fairness I must admit that I haven't bought any RP as of yet, however when my monetary situation changes I do plan on purchasing some. Riot Games has made a friggin' awesome game and they should be thanked for it...Let's not forget about that part.
All fps I BOUGHT I always been able to play period
I'm not arguing the fact that I should priority over you unless it would be the only quick solution to resolve this problem.
what am trying to say is why the hell would a company sell a game that I can't play after i bought it.
They should have wait until its complete and done and able to garantee their words
because the only thing its doing right now its pushing me to tell all my friend to never buy this game like i did


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golden1

Member

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir Lightner View Post
Riot Games has made a friggin' awesome game and they should be thanked for it...Let's not forget about that part.
The idea of this game is awesome
the rest sucks way too many bugs, I must say i can't wait till it works properly, but right now it would be like selling a car thats half complete