Release Notes v1.0.0.79

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFrankenstein

03-16-2010

wtf the price of ezreal is a god **** joke. was saving ip had 6k and figured hmm he probably only 3150 so i bought runes now i want to stab something. bleh i was going ot save for blitz rawr....

ShiNigAmE

03-16-2010

RIOT I NEED HELP FAST CAN SOME1 HELP ME:WHEN I TRY TO LOGIN IT SEARCHES FOR PERMISSION AND SMTHNG BOUT CERTIFICATE ANYWAY CAN SOME1 HELP ME FIX THIS????(i'm from Serbia)

BiGfReAk1337

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t Beer View Post
For some reason, the hp bars on my own team's minions aren't showing up... and i couldn't find any options in the menu to get them turned back on.

Did i miss something, or was that a change as well?
press l several times.

Yatteri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJay View Post
Hi, I liked all the PVP.net changes and the General, Game Mechanics changes like the Alt and the F1-F5 funcionality... I also think that it's good to balance the game and fix certain champions, but I think that this patch had A LOT, TOO DRASTIC changes when it comes to balancing different champions...

If one wants to measure the impact of certain variable on the game, then one should vary only that and see the results in different scenarios, but keeping everything else equal or at least making the least possible changes, the ones that won't affect the same variable. With so many changes at the same time it will be hard to know which champions are OP because of the changes made to them or because of the changes made to the rest of the champions.

Let's take the Ezreal example, many people thought (before playing it) that it would be an OP champ. But just before releasing him, almost every other hero got changes and some got complete remakes (like TF)... now if Ezreal starts owning we wont know if it's because he was OP since the beginning or if it's because every other champ got nerfed.

Just my two cents, cheers

It'll all get sorted out in the end. Whether Ezreal was OP before the patch doesn't matter at all, it's how the game goes now and what happens in future

Boundless Spring

03-16-2010

Actually guys I calculated it out and Katarina's ult does more if not the same damage now, at least around 200 attack power.

The problem with Riot listening to forum goers is they don't know wtf they are tlaking about and based entirely on perception.

(i.e. Kat just ulti raped me and 2 others! She's op! Never mind the fact they played bad and let Kat get fed 12/0. Ex 2: Kat is UP ever since the 15% dmg bonus nerf! Nevermind the main problem was the fact her ult took a second to start as it was bugged. Or the fact that with the changes she does around the same dmg if not more, up until you have ridiculous amounts of attack power).

Katarina's ult at 200 attack power with the current changes does at level 18 around 1.5k dmg to 3 ppl in 2.6 seconds.

Proof:
200 damage - 80 base attack = 120 bonus damage.
Killer Instincts on average will add 32 damage if done right (KI, shunpo, BB, auto attack gives 4 stacks with 8 dmg a stack).

There are 10 daggers doing 80 (85?) dmg per dagger. The bonus is 50%. So added damage per dagger is 120 + 32 / 2 = 76.

So at 200 attack damage and level 18 her ult is doubled. Or **** near.

Total damage of ult to up to 3 targets in 2.6 seconds:
(80 + 76) * 10 = 1560 Damage

Of course to be mitigated by magic resist.

As a rule of thumb your ((attack dmg - 80)/2 + 80 + 16) * 10 = Kats ult damage.

so at 400 attack:
320/2
(160 + 80 + 16)*10 = 2560

with each dagger doing 256 damage. But that'll be halved by magic resist.

level 18 squishies maybe 20%. And it can kill them from full. Getting 400 attack power however is only possible fed. 200 is obtainable on even ground. So the state of Kat is, she can severely injure people and take down a primary target she shunpo's to, BB's, Auto attacks, and lotus's. If the other team isn't 18 yet and she is, she can still instagib ppl.

The main thing is, she was never rated high in tier lists for one reason: by a good player with a good team she is entirely counterable. Except with people who CC their CC. Ganking anyone who can interrupt her tho takes a ton of skill in timing. Or occasionally luck. Against fiddlesticks or alistar it is nigh impossible. I'll write a thread in general.

KillDeer

03-16-2010

Is Veigar's Event Horizon supposed to stun for almost 3.5 seconds now? I think in trying to make it so it cant be outrun its been buffed by mistake? Even the graphic disappears and you're still stunned for a while after.

NargarothEH

03-16-2010

I get this and cant play... wtf

*******http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2167/lolerror.jpg********

saviorextr

03-16-2010

Just wanted to say thanks guys for the latest patch which has definitely solved my ingame fps issues.

Cheers!

Maxxx6

03-16-2010

when are they gonna realize that they need to nerf the cd on ashes ultimate?!

Daymon

03-16-2010

Fix Veigar's stun so the game is actually playable without raging over a 5 second stun that can gets your team wiped.