?help? Soraka

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninja Le

04-28-2011

Ive heard that soraka can mid pretty well cuz of silence heal mana regen skill.

i was just wondering what kind of skill order/build would you use for mid soraka?

Sophyne

04-28-2011

Probably R > E > Q > W.
QEWEQR, basically almost ignoring Astral, not pointing any points into it until you need to.

Build would probably be along the lines of Full AP.

Don't recommend this, though. Soraka is a sidelaner.

noobling1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ka-guide.xhtml
has a pretty good mid soraka guide.

I don't think mid soraka's great unless you're playing at low levels; she's not really a carry and should really be in a side lane xd

iP1ayJarvan

04-29-2011

do not mid unless you absolutely have to. my normal build is QEQEWR then its R>E>W>Q. your Q and E should be able to outharass most casters but autoattackers will screw you up. go for a regrowth pendant as your first item, helps you stay longer so you use your mana for harass instead of heal

Arn0x

04-29-2011

Side lane and level up your heal/mana spell until you can do so no longer. Soraka shouldn't be taking any last hits unless it's absolutely not going to go with the person you're in a lane with. I usually recall for my first time with 3-4k gold. Soraka isn't item dependent, so just spend your money on some decent AP stuff and mash down as many Sight Wards as possible.

iP1ayJarvan

04-29-2011

farming a bit allows you to offtank a bit by getting a little bit of tank equips. anyways my core's reasonably cheap anyways, morellos, mobility boots, shurelya's and wards.
you could survive with that but if you added some tank equips at least your Q wont be useless since you can go in and lower MR in teamfights (trying to do that without any tank items is suicide)

Wriste

04-29-2011

Mid soraka is pretty hilarious. Only do this if you can have an actual carry solo top, though. Haven't tried it in a ranked game, but VERY few champs can handle a properly played Soraka. Grab heal first, and then max E, grabbing heal or Q at level 4, but maxing Q overall.

You should be warned - you have to learn to farm with autoattacks as Soraka. I'm fairly good at it, but it takes a bit of time to get used to. I rush Rabadon's and Merc Treads, and then usually a Shurelia's and then a tank item of some sort.

sgdfhdfihj

04-29-2011

Even if you are really good at auto attacking with Soraka, any competent ranged carry (eg teemo and ashe) will be able to harass you really well and even possibly deny you some EXP before you're level 6.

I know she can mid (i've done it before) but personally I don't think it's the best use of solo creep/EXP (unless they have karthus, or you really don't have anyone else who can take mid), and it's easy to let a lot of creeps go to waste (from letting them dying by your turret).

It can be a lot more efficient playing duo lane as Soraka, not only to your team mates (as you'll keep them fit for laning forever), but also for your own personal gold. Letting someone else mid hopefully means they will be able to gank more for you (something that Soraka isn't too great at doing imo) which should allow you to get more assists. It could be much easier for you getting assists in a 2v2 fight. If you're stuck farming mid, you'll only get assists if someone comes to gank mid or if you use your ult, and I doubt you'd be starting (or winning) 1v1 fights too much.

It's up to you though. If you want to mid if there's someone else who can do it, I suggest letting them have it to level 6 then covering it for a while, allowing them to roam or gank more. My bet is if you're solo queue and there's a ranged carry or mage around, they wouldn't let you take it anyway though.

Sorbon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdfhdfihj View Post
I know she can mid (i've done it before) but personally I don't think it's the best use of solo creep/EXP (unless they have karthus, or you really don't have anyone else who can take mid), and it's easy to let a lot of creeps go to waste (from letting them dying by your turret).
You've already lost of this is the case.

If your team requires 3 solo lanes for roaming or double jungle, Soraka should STILL be in the side lanes. She can 1v2 with the best of them. If you're soloing for the sake of surviving, that's fine.

But they will put a carry mid 99% of the time. You need someone who can harass them or CC them in such a way that they can be ganked OR kill the enemy carry on their own.

Mid Soraka = bad idea.

Wriste

04-29-2011

Thing is, if you're good, you can farm with autoattacks and keep up with the best of them. Soraka's range is quite far, and she can harass with both autoattacks and spells. So you're not really losing any farm. So long as you have a solo lane with an actual carry, it's not the worst option you can go. Soraka with a fast Rabadon's and shoes is quite surprising.