Nasus discussion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrooo

04-27-2011

I think a Chalice is unnecessary on him. Run some mana regen seals, use Sacred Fire only sparingly, and you won't run into trouble with mana very often. Also, I prefer Mercury Treads or sometimes Boots of Lucidity (if the other team is lacking in disables) over the Tabi.

You're getting your Sheen a bit late for my tastes. It works well with his Q and makes last-hitting with it a lot more comfortable. I usually build Aegis early unless another tank or a support on my team has it covered. After that it's situational defensive items (Banshee's, Sunfire, etc) and finishing your Trinity Force. I'm definitely a fan of the impaler if the game lasts long enough, and a GA if your team is winning. Lately I've been experimenting with a Ghostblade as one of my last items and it's nifty for a more DPS-oriented build.

Treelub

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
TL;DR Nasus is a sack of garbage and it's time to take out the trash.
I looked at that and thought you were an idiot for saying that, and then I saw that it was Renekton Bot.

Eliras

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
TL;DR Nasus is a sack of garbage and it's time to take out the trash.
and switch to the almight Renekton?

Paladin

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannotDeny View Post
I realize that, which is why I go mid every single game and farm for a good 20 minutes. I get around +200 Q damage by the time I start to team fight. Too late?
Also, don't really care if he's "garbage", I genuinely like him and want to know what my role is supposed to be. I keep going tank.
Trolled by Renekton bot lol

Papa Tayder

04-27-2011

Nasus is tanky dps

he cannot tank for your team

his role is to farm top for 30 minutes then show up to teamfights and rape everything.

Nasus is my main but I'll say he's not a high tier champion, so idk. He's crazy easy to counter

build should always be Merc Treads>Tri Force>situational tank items.

EDIT: Build an Aegis before you finish Tri Force, given your team hasn't done it already, and once you have your sheen you can totally participate in teamfights, I was definitely joking about the sit up top and farm.

Neofederalist

04-27-2011

I play a lot of Nasus. Here's what he does well in a game, and what he does poorly, in no particular order.

Good:
-Easy ganks if your jungler isn't complete trash. By the time your jungler is ready to gank, you should have at least a point in wither and spirit fire. It's pretty much a guarenteed kill
-Beefy DPS/eat carry faces in a teamfight. Once Syphon strike is farmed, you should be able to take out their carry in 2-4 hits.
-Not die, reek havoc on the rest of the team.
-Chase down stragglers with Wither.

Weaknesses
-Certain lane combinations can deny him pretty easily. Long range harassment, like Zilean, Malphite, etc. can make it difficult to farm up SS even when you're sitting under your turret. A few ganks from your jungler should help that, though.
-If you suck at last hitting, don't play Nasus. Just don't.
-Nasus can't tank. He just isn't one. He has no hard CC and merc treds take a lot of Wither's utility away. If you pick Nasus when your team needs a tank, you deserve to be shot. Play him as DPS that won't die. Don't expect to be able to truly tank.

Suburan

04-27-2011

Build tank. I never lose when I go full tank as him, picking up only a sheen for offense until late game. Sunfire damage feeds your passive.

creamfrache

04-27-2011

aegis isnt a good item on nasus
its just good for the team which is why you get it
if you have a pure tank/support on the team, have them get aegis
for extended laning i like getting a HoG, you should probably get 1 tops now

CannotDeny

04-27-2011

The reason I don't duo is because I get harassed easily, and top solo for the same reason. If it's me vs 2, I can't pull it off. However, I've gone mid in 90% of my games and am pretty comfortable there.
Also, the reason I build sheen late is because I don't need it to last hit creeps, just to nuke heroes. But also because I'm the only person that can tank on my team, thus I just go survivability first since Q hits hard enough on squishies.
Aegis I like because it's a great boost to Armor and MR, helps tremendously early game.
Chalice because it's very cheap and I can get that with Tabi after my first trip back from mid, putting me to almost 100 Armor and MR 10 minutes in.
Runes are Armor Pen Reds, HealthPLvl Yellow, MR Blues and flat HP Quints.

Also, I realize he's quite sub par. But I like his character and will continue playing him. If my team has a tank, I'll go hybrid and hit decently and shut down the carry with Wither. No tank, I go tank and everybody focuses me while I eat HP with his ult and Q. However, what bothers me is even if I go in to initiate or tank, my team is always scared for some reason. They probably never think of Nasus as a tank and go "What is this idiot doing" and don't jump in to kill them.

Oh, Renekton Bot. Yeah got trolled.

creamfrache

04-27-2011

Quote:
Aegis I like because it's a great boost to Armor and MR, helps tremendously early game.
for 2k gold, you can get megatron and chainmail
you dont get it for the stats, you get it for the aura

never get tabai... merc treads is a must
chalice delays your build too much, you shouldnt be oom anyways unless youre spamming spirit fire which hurts your Q farm
O_O mid should be harder for nasus because thats usually where the ranged champs go and you have no support...
you shouldnt initiate as nasus unless its a golden opportunity, not just because you feel like it
worst thing you can do is initiate a bad fight because it just snowballs

ps. i dont run mana regen runes either