Evidence to proof Low ELO Hell probably exists, and the injustice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best player EU

04-25-2011

Right so i am as many say a regular LoL player. I play pretty much every day for at least a few hours. I mainly play normal but i really wish i could play ranked. I don't for one big reason. It just isn't enjoyable.

It seems as though i lose 90% of ranked. My elo is currently about 1110. It was 900 but i managed to carry my team back up as nocturne and won 10 games in a row. Now the evidence i have that Low ELO Hell exists is simply the fact that im a pretty decent player and am 1110 elo, whereas my friend who i am significantly better than is about 1300 elo.

I know I am not that bad a player for some simple reasons.
1- My KDA on almost every champ in ranked is about 3:0 compared to my friends average of about 1:1

2- I have actually been complimented by High Elo players who say i am a good player. One player was 1900+ Elo. He complimented me on how good i was considering my elo was about 1100. I have also had various 1500+ players add me after i outperform them in custom games.

3- A few days ago i played a player who was 1600+ Elo in a friendly solomid competition. I beat him 3 out of the 4 rounds we played. He told me i was a very good player... added me as a friend, and actually asked me to help him improved.

I later found he was actually in the Official Solomid competition sponsored by Riot.
Ok solomid is very different to an actualy game. But it shows at least that i have the principal skills needed to do well. The most annoying thing about all of this is that my friend is still nearly 200 elo higher than me, yet many of those wins were me carrying him, and more annoying still is when i check his score in ranked and he gets scores such as 3/10/3.... and still wins whereas i have my 10/1/10 and still lose...

Its not that i dont help the team i mean i buy wards, constantly help out teammates, and no longer rage but instead offer advice or just say politely "please dont take my blue buff next time morde".

I really do feel a lot of injustice in this game at the moment and i do think that the determining factor of many people elo is there first few games.
I lost about my first 8 out of the 10 ranked i played before i realized that there was no point playing tanks when your carry has 10 cs and is 0/10.
My friend however won about his first 6 which put him in a very good position where he often gets carried by teammates.

Please reply if anyone else has had similar experiences and good luck in your future ranked matches

sefy98

04-25-2011

Elo hell exists there is no denying it. Que up with a friend who knows how to play and you'll do a lot better in solo matches. you're blue buff comment reminds me of a lvl 10 rammus who told me to "Get out of his jungle" b/c i was swain and grabbing blue buff. haha! My friends also ranked a little higher than me but I think its because he only plays ranked with me and my rating is a little lower than it should be. (its around 1270 right now.)

Cotilin

04-25-2011

I've found that you do have to adjust your game to being with bad players. When i first entered ranked, I played as udyr so that we could have a jungler. Each game would end the same way. I would tell my team "I'm pushing up the lane, don't engage". They would engage 4v5, then rage at me for not getting to the team fight fast enough. When I got low enough, every time I would play jungle, the 2v1 lane would feed like crazy, because they thought they could kill them, apparently.

After this happened, I started to play strong laning tanky dpsers (tanky, because I can't count on my tank to protect me and dpsers because I can't count on my carries to dps) and have done drastically better. I didn't do better because I improved drastically as a player, but because I adjusted my game to the elo.

Best player EU

04-26-2011

After this happened, I started to play strong laning tanky dpsers (tanky, because I can't count on my tank to protect me and dpsers because I can't count on my carries to dps) and have done drastically better. I didn't do better because I improved drastically as a player, but because I adjusted my game to the elo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i have had suggestion from high elo players to try this, only problem is the only "tanky dps" I really own is garen. Thanks for the suggestion though I will keep this in mind.

PHD Toxic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

For starters I think alot of you're reasoning is really invalid. I'm not saying you're conclusion is wrong because it's not but you shouldnt assume you're better than someone just because you get a better kda than someone at a higher elo. They are playing against much better people than you are and kda has nothing to do with skill level. I'll admit that 3/10 isn't a good score but he could have been playing those kind of hereos that put their life on the line for the team fight (amumu/galio/olaf etc) and if they die doing their job then they did well especially because if the other team is targeting your tank than it's a blessing your tank died (if he's tanking properly). Also consider the fact that players over 1450 elo is the top 10% of all league players. "Skill level" in League of legends has alot to do with experience and being able to predict what people will do. In my personal experience I know that the more hours you play a day the better you will perform. You notice how all the "pro players" are playing 6+ hours a day on their stream?

My best advice is to just duo with a friend. What I tell some people too is that you have to be excessively assertive. Tell your team what's gonna happen how it's gonna happen and when it's gonna happen. You play a carry, your friend plays a jungle/roamer. He ganks for you consistently and all of a sudden you're fed. You gank the other lanes with him and gg the games over before you know it.

I'm not saying it's the truth for your specific case but 90% of the people who complain about "elo hell" probably belong there. Some people do get really unlucky but if you're staying in the same elo range that means you're at the very least losing 1 game for every 1 win or worse. That's pretty unreasonable even if u do get bad people often.

Best player EU

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurpTastic View Post
For starters I think alot of you're reasoning is really invalid. I'm not saying you're conclusion is wrong because it's not but you shouldnt assume you're better than someone just because you get a better kda than someone at a higher elo. They are playing against much better people than you are and kda has nothing to do with skill level. I'll admit that 3/10 isn't a good score but he could have been playing those kind of hereos that put their life on the line for the team fight (amumu/galio/olaf etc) and if they die doing their job then they did well especially because if the other team is targeting your tank than it's a blessing your tank died (if he's tanking properly). Also consider the fact that players over 1450 elo is the top 10% of all league players. "Skill level" in League of legends has alot to do with experience and being able to predict what people will do. In my personal experience I know that the more hours you play a day the better you will perform. You notice how all the "pro players" are playing 6+ hours a day on their stream?

My best advice is to just duo with a friend. What I tell some people too is that you have to be excessively assertive. Tell your team what's gonna happen how it's gonna happen and when it's gonna happen. You play a carry, your friend plays a jungle/roamer. He ganks for you consistently and all of a sudden you're fed. You gank the other lanes with him and gg the games over before you know it.

I'm not saying it's the truth for your specific case but 90% of the people who complain about "elo hell" probably belong there. Some people do get really unlucky but if you're staying in the same elo range that means you're at the very least losing 1 game for every 1 win or worse. That's pretty unreasonable even if u do get bad people often.
I do understand what your saying, but the only reason i posted this thread is because I have had about 5+ high elo players say that I am a good player.

No im not saying I am pro and deserve to be in 1800+ Elo. Hell I doubt i should even be above 1500. But when i beat players that our 500 Elo higher than me in solomid matches on much more than one occasion as well as be complimented on how well I do in normal games, i think i should be at least positive elo. This is why I think that there is a bit of injustice, not because some people should definitely be at high elo, instead, just a bit above average instead of negative elo.

cLHx1

04-27-2011

Hey man i came back from 600 elo bracket due to 26 leaves when they allowed 20's to play ranked... now ive slowly climbed back up after 201 wins.. im almost out elo hell...

best advice is to lead your team to victory.. and try to help in the team fights as much as possible, in the right ways... alot of people will listen to you, if you take lead or control, but dont let those few trolls get you down every other game or so...

i found that i can win about 6 games before getting a feeder a few games in a row or so... even then sometimes i can lead my team to victory

gun fu panda

04-28-2011

It sounds like you're mechanically and tactically strong (very important in arranged teams and 1v1 situations), but make poor decisions or have poor leadership skills, both of which are very important in solo queue.

Best player EU

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
It sounds like you're mechanically and tactically strong (very important in arranged teams and 1v1 situations), but make poor decisions or have poor leadership skills, both of which are very important in solo queue.
Hmm this sounds likely, by leadership however i am not quite sure what you mean. I definitely attempt to "lead" my team through decisions and where to teamfight, when to dragon. But i found people didn't like having a leader and when i tried to get them to stick together or push different towers they often just raged and fed more.

Best player EU

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLHx1 View Post
Hey man i came back from 600 elo bracket due to 26 leaves when they allowed 20's to play ranked... now ive slowly climbed back up after 201 wins.. im almost out elo hell...

best advice is to lead your team to victory.. and try to help in the team fights as much as possible, in the right ways... alot of people will listen to you, if you take lead or control, but dont let those few trolls get you down every other game or so...

i found that i can win about 6 games before getting a feeder a few games in a row or so... even then sometimes i can lead my team to victory
Good job. Part of the fact i am low is because i have 9 leaves. I also think that because i do not play ranked much may be a reason. But seriously how do you get 6 games without a feeder. I have about 6 games before i get someone else on my team actually get a positive score. (no kidding). I think i might post screenshots of the scoreboard from my next 10 ranked games in a row or something to try and show higher elo people just how bad teams can be.