[Guide] Nocturne...The Jungling Nightmare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightRaith361

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2011

I have ardor and the attack speed offense mastery plus vererans scars, attack speed marks and glyphs, hp seals and an attack speed quint and two health quints so i have an extra 148 hp and about 30% bonus attack speed right at the beginning of the game. so golem is pretty easy

Clodiman

03-28-2011

I dont use any Hp runes at all and i can solo him with 2-3 bars of hp left at lvl one

jaMx

03-28-2011

touché, edit removed impossible to take out blue solo - i still recommend having mid leash it for you because mid doesn't lose any experience by doing this and you'll have +100 hp or so

AlterCoil

03-28-2011

Great guide for Nocturn. Just bought him and already I see the potential. I was wondering if there would any viable spot for a Gunblade? I know your not AP with this build but the benefits for it are pretty nice.

jaMx

03-29-2011

Thanks!

AP is not currently viable with nocturne, only his fear gets more damage from AP so the spell vamp and AP boost wouldn't help, gunblade doesn't have a place for noctrune

Just run bloodthirster a little bit earlier if you prefer the extra lifesteal

BestScytherNA

03-30-2011

For the tanky DPS build, I prefer to get the sunfire a lot sooner on anyone in general, as HP is good for early-to-mid game survivability. Nocturne has a sort of Leeroy Jenkins feel sometimes, so getting the Giant's Belt and Catalyst are more important IMO.

Infernostrider

04-05-2011

Hey hey,

i love playing jungle nocturne, and i've been considering writing a guide myself BUT...this guide seems to cover it all close enough to my way that it'd be a waste of space to write up another guide.
However, i would like to give my own item build (and reasoning for it) for people who might be interested in a different approach.

Starting items:
Same, cloth armor and 5 healing pots.

Clear own side of jungler in this order: blue buff (1 potion), wolves (1 potion), wraiths (1 potion), twin golems (1 potion) lizard (1 potion). try to cast Q to hit as many enemies as possible, and position yourself to do the same with your passive. for wraiths, target big one first. you SHOULD have enough hp to kill the lizard + adds with 1 hp bar left, but my runes are a bit different too.

on return, get basic boots. if enemy team has jungler, proceed to ganking. if they don't, score their blue, then proceed to ganking.
from here on out build the following items in order:

wriggles (this and level 6 is all you need for dragon, but hit 7 first to be safe)
berserker boots (should be level 6 or 7 when you get this, depending on kills/assists)
infinity edge, starting with cloak. After cloak it doesnt matter wether or not you get pick or sword first, just get what you can afford when you are forced back, or have enough to buy the rest of the IE in one go.
phantom dancer for more speed, crits and AS
youmuu's for CDR, mainly, but other stats are definitely great too. I use the active mainly for chasing or escaping, but don't underestimate the AS bonus.
bloodthirster. you want this because, if the game lasts this long or you are fed enough, you will be selling wriggles after this to free up a slot, and you want to keep your lifesteal.
sell wriggles, get second IE or bloodthirster. i prefer IE because it gives a fixed amount of AD, and come on, 87% crit is just wild (although, if you are a careful player who takes care of his bloodthirster stacks you are better off with that. i, personally, play recklessly and agressively)

right..that became a lot more abundant than originally intended... i hope it's useful to somebody ^^ if anyone would like me to write a full, alternative nocturne jungling guide, be my guest, message me, and i will.

edit: holy ****, i suck! i forgot to tell you WHY i use this build >< well, here it is:

as you can see i work a lot less survivability into my play. the theory is, mainly, that with lifesteal you will be more than capable of winning 1v3 fights, and in some cases even 1v5. with the high damage, you absolutely wreck squishies before they can get all of their nukes off. with the high crit, they might have time for one or two nukes; i often crit for 1200-1500 endgame, and 800-1000 on tanks. Just 15% of that in lifesteal will keep you alive for a loooong time. just don't make the mistake of initiating or focusing a tank just because you will slaughter him quickly. eliminate their squishies first, using your ridiculous damage (always stand in your Q trail for an extra 60, at rank 5, 180 per crit disregarding armor and armor piercing you should have gotten from runes and masteries), and the tanks won't be able to nuke you down.

jaMx

04-05-2011

Not one defensive item in your build...you wreck squishies but you get one shotted by pretty much anything

sdefreit

04-19-2011

Hey this is a question to the OP or anyone who knows nocturne well. I am starting to get into jungling and noc is one that im walking into this startegy with. I have been searching youtube and I found a solid noc jungle vid that goes against the standard jungle path that this one shows.

Can you tell me why yours is better. I dont mean to criticize. I just want to jungle the best way with noc and know the reason why its better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbshyfbuowA&feature=fvsr

jaMx

05-11-2011

Obviously ignite/exhaust is a much stronger spell set late game, but it is very risky in the early game. Especially when you are facing off against strong counter jungle champions such as nunu and shaco you should always have smite to secure your dragon kills/buffs.