Why north American People hates Latinos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pindel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

I cant even tell you how many times pre-mades will talking in Spanish, and then only talk in English to talk trash

Poundman

04-15-2011

To be honest, and you can downvote, but I am being blatantly honest here. A lot of Americans have built resentment to Latinos because of the negative impact they've had on our country over the last several years. Note I'm speaking mostly about Mexicans, but most Americans aren't going to really distinguish a difference. It wasn't a big deal until about the time the economy started going south, now the whole nation is turning against Hispanics in general.

That playing with someone who speaks a different language and has a totally difference mindset in terms of the approach to the game is also quite annoying.

Lastly, why is this in the Champion Feedback forum?

rest0

04-15-2011

^

Nothing to be with the thread.

On topic:

OMG I AM SO OFFENDED...

Nah...seriously just learn english... is not so hard.
Also... a lot of americans know spanish.

My point is: You can hate whoever you want, it doesnt mean I have to care about it.

(I'm mexican)

Xeres Fhenn

04-15-2011

I don't mind anyone who speaks another language, I myself recently moved to Europe and have learned to adapt. However my only problem is the people who play on the US server, you know, as in American,as in where we only speak english, and they don't speak a word of english. America isn't a bilingual or multi-lingual country, although, with the surge of illegals America may soon head that way.
It just doesn't make any sense, it's an english speaking server and yet you don't speak english?

Pigasaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Sorry, but the harsh truth is that if you can't speak english you are very uneducated and most likely an unintelligent person. The play style of BR accurately reflects this.

Hate all you want, its the truth.

Brinzy

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by agroszkiewicz View Post
Sorry, but the harsh truth is that if you can't speak english you are very uneducated and most likely an unintelligent person.
Please tell me I didn't just read this.

SerrationEmber

04-15-2011

This totally seems like a "Champion Discussion" topic to me, and not an overreaching poll of a population based on a handful of personal encounters.

Rezo

04-15-2011

My family is from south america and ive visited colombia a few times. Here in the US they commonly refer to me as mexican. Doesn't happen all the time but they associate hispanic/spanish with Mexican. Don't ask me why I dunno.

That being said I don't like playing with foreigners. It isn't just the communication barrier either its also Ping. Not to mention..well...ive never been to argentina but colombia and brazil they seem to be pretty proud people and they rarely accept the fact that they may be playing incorrectly. Thats probably why you see so much dislike for all the brazilian players. On the other hand they do take it seriously so there are a couple of really skilled players out there too.

I'd recommend either queueing with just spanish speakers on your team or claiming your on vent or something and you do all the typing in english lol. It sucks but its the easiest route.

CenaSucks

04-15-2011

This is bull****. I love how people try to stick up for them like they're right. When your teammates speak strictly Spanish or any other language and spam your team chat with **** that you can't understand, it not only annoys you but it costs you the game.

Through the hundreds and hundreds of games, I only remember one where I asked my teammates "Speak english please" and they actually complied. Guess what. We won! I play 3v3 most of the time and it's actually very rude of your teammates to alienate you by having a personal chat in Spanish while you're absolutely clueless.

I know English, Arabic, and am learning Spanish. When I play with friends we sure as hell don't spam chat in arabic.

FFS it's the NORTH AMERICAN SERVER. Europe has its own server, and they have just about every language there. You wanna speak Spanish, play on that server. Don't come to the freaking North American server knowing very well you're gonna have people who don't know your language in the game and start having personal conversations in chat.

Not to mention that when you get ganked all game because your Spanish speaking teammates can't be bothered at least pinging enemy routes, they suddenly learn "FEEDER NOOB JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA".

Fact of the matter is foreign language speakers troll more then us English speakers, and quite frankly I like the idea of being able to check off what language speakers you want to play with.

Rezo

04-15-2011

ping to europe would be pretty unbearable for them..just an fyi for those people posting that.