what makes ryze different from renekton and irelia?

12345612 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomandar View Post
I just find that his Q ability is on way to short of a cool down. He is worse then Vlad in his hayday.
That's just his passive. Properly rotating his spells creates a massive difference in damage output.

Kain66

04-13-2011

That's not the only difference, look at their IP price ...

Haruki Jitsunin

04-13-2011

Whereas I can't say much about current ryze because I've yet to play him in this incarnation, I do feel as though they were structuring him in just this way, to fill that spot, but as a caster.

Wanna see nuke? Old ryze or the new champ, who essentially is at least on equal footing as old ryze. (dare I say remake of)

Kaoculus

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrend View Post
I wonder if people will ever realize that MR cripples him and if he has Frozen heart, maybe they should build some Arpen?
WHAT? You're totally right!!! Last whisper and void staff... LAWL WHO GETS THOSE ITEMS?

/sarcasm

please don't post stupid things like that. there isn't a single game where someone's build will not have some sort of penetration item, unless the game was a) such a stomp that it ended too quickly or b) people stacking resistances were not relevant. Let me tell you something though... ryze is hella relevant, and he will melt your face. He can run past enemy lines to destroy your carry, while being a tanky beast, and maintain constant dps.

LoveOfProfit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

The difference is renekton and irelia are tanky regardless of items and still do great damage, as well as having gap closers and stuns.

Ryze is a completely different champion, who happens to scale off a stat that defensive items carry.

Kaoculus

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfProfit View Post
The difference is renekton and irelia are tanky regardless of items and still do great damage, as well as having gap closers and stuns.

Ryze is a completely different champion, who happens to scale off a stat that defensive items carry.
which ultimately means that you have massive damage and high survivability for relatively low gold cost as compared to other champions. and really, that's all we care about, isn't it?

MisterYi of Wuju

04-13-2011

ryze is da best

shabbyOLcloak

04-13-2011

dude, ryze is way too op. His laning capbility especially a early tear/ catalyst allows him to spam nonstop q , which is about the equivalent to op pantheon's spear WITH LONGER RANGE WITHOUT A LIMIT because pantheon is at least limited by his small mana pool. Also the real problem is that ryze could get so much damage while getting defensive items.
This is the reason tanky dps are nerfed. because they can do alot of dmg from just building tank. Ryze could just get bv, frozen heart and he'll still do tons of damage. This is why they nerfed garen.

MisterYi of Wuju

04-13-2011

the renekton OP too. He and ryze are OP brother

Josh de Tonreau

04-13-2011

Cuz he gets mana damage which can seem OP because stack mana ftw while getting tanky items.

12345612 ... 18