Greater Quintessence of Strength

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

03-04-2010

Does Greater Quintessence of Strength deserve its bad rep? The Marks are terrible but the Quint doesn't seem bad at all.

+2.25 damage

So three Quints of Strength equal .675 of a longsword (415 x .675 = 280.125g value)
Three Quints of Fortitude equal .54 of a ruby crystal (475g x .54 = 256.5g value)

The Quints of Fortitude obviously help as early gank prevention a great deal, but if your a ganker the Quints of Strength seem just as viable in addition to aiding in last hitting to help increase your gold income and poking at towers. They also are more synergistic with typical dps builds since they increase the effectiveness (slightly) of any investment you make toward lifesteal, crit chance, crit damage or attack speed.

Has anyone even tested these out? I don't think they are half bad.

wildfire393

03-04-2010

Nope, they are terrible. Compare to Armor Penetration quints. Armor Pen will always increase your damage by far more than flat damage except in the case where you have more armor pen than they have armor or somehow the target has 500 armor.

Omaric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Personally I would go with a Quintessence that gives attributes that are harder to come by, such as experience gain. You can't really put a price on that. But as the poster above me has stated, armor pen will take you farther as a physical DPS hero. Combine the armor pen runes with items that give damage and you will see a much more significant jump in damage output.

Summoner Rokutaa

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmay View Post
Personally I would go with a Quintessence that gives attributes that are harder to come by, such as experience gain.
they hav those?!!?

lord kratos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipkun View Post
they hav those?!!?
Yes, I have 2. With the utility mastery gives a lot of extra experience.

Insanious

Recruiter

03-04-2010

+ run speed runes with masteries = catching people you shouldn't (with +7.5% movement speed without boots = very nice especially on already fast characters.)

I as well love runes with hard to come by stats (+crit Dmg, Armor/MR reduction, movement speed, etc...)

Summoner Rokutaa

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord kratos View Post
Yes, I have 2. With the utility mastery gives a lot of extra experience.
how can I get one of these?

SyeBlaze

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipkun View Post
how can I get one of these?
Buy them.

They are teir 3 quintessences under the Utility section of runes.

AFKray

03-05-2010

Movement speed > all. It scales so well its ridiculous.

EnderA

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanious View Post
+ run speed runes with masteries = catching people you shouldn't (with +7.5% movement speed without boots = very nice especially on already fast characters.)

I as well love runes with hard to come by stats (+crit Dmg, Armor/MR reduction, movement speed, etc...)
Don't. Buy. Crit. Damage.:
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=70173