Gangplank, the feeder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nutmangos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I've been playing gangplank after the patch and it seems like hes one of the most under powered hero's at the moment, i mean i usually get focused and die first every group fight, if i get focused laning i have no chance of surviving practically.

Gangplanks only well powered skills are his parrly and his ult adds nice map control. but one on one with practically any other hero equally leveled and equipped will always result in a death due to his squish factor. cherry picking is great and all but ...

Wolfheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

lol

Warwick, Eve, Gragas, ect ect ect.. I think you're just not playing him to his best.

zaiken

03-02-2010

The fact that he is a champ that is hard to pin down because of his addiction to lemons, that remove CC and heal him. You might not play him at full potential.

Yes its been a while since I saw a good gankplank, but the ones i saw played well and all of them aimed for the late game. He just seems to be a bit hard in early games, even thought his parrrley is a good harrasing tool with the right masteries and runes.

Mercurius

03-02-2010

He can 2-shot people with parrrley mindlessly.
He has a heal that removes CC. This is one of the best abilities in the game.
He can buff his team.
His ultimate is fairly random, but if you're lucky with the cannonballs it can rape a whole team and be bull****.

One of the easiest champs to play, to boot.

n3Kro

03-02-2010

I play gank as my main char and I can tell that he is good for late game only at start You die and die and die couz Your heal dont gives You much hp Your main skill parrley is good but You need to go to the opponent when You used parrley and want to finish him. Gank ulti is good but little unpredictable it can kill a guy with full health but it can miss 100% main problem with gank is that You need to go about 11+ lvl to fight good one thing that really needs change is buff that he can give for party it is to week to invest in it. So Yes gank needs little change to make him better in early game nothing more.

Mercurius

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3Kro View Post
I play gank as my main char and I can tell that he is good for late game only at start You die and die and die couz Your heal dont gives You much hp Your main skill parrley is good but You need to go to the opponent when You used parrley and want to finish him. Gank ulti is good but little unpredictable it can kill a guy with full health but it can miss 100% main problem with gank is that You need to go about 11+ lvl to fight good one thing that really needs change is buff that he can give for party it is to week to invest in it. So Yes gank needs little change to make him better in early game nothing more.
You do know that other people play champions
1. without heals
2. who can't REMOVE ALL CC CONSTANTLY
and don't "die and die and die"

Ever think the problem might not be gangplank?

Sabotaj

03-03-2010

He needs a better early game and a slightly less good late game. His late game is downright insane. Played a good gangplank yesterday, absolutely nothing could be done.

vvolfster

03-03-2010

The Plank is still a monster really. He did get nerfed quite a bit though. You must have a good tank or someone who can stay in battle for long periods of time, meaning at least 1-2 non squishies. Jax/Alistar/malphite/Amumu/Poppy are all good teammates for the pirate. Fiddles too because of his ult and gang's ult.

You never melee people early game unless you're sure you will win. His damage is just sad early game. He also cannot jungle until you get a fat lifesteal item.

I picked up the Plank again after the Black Pearl custom skin.

You have to realize his many weaknesses in order to do good with him. Thanks to the nerf, now GP needs armor pen as well as crit dmg. I run 18 armor pen and 25 crit dmg runes on him and get brawler's glove straight off the bat.

Here's my build that has worked quite well for me. Just remember Gangplank cannot function with a team full of carries. He needs people till late game to be able to stand and fight while he parrrleys people from the backlines:

Brawler's Gloves --> Avarice blade
Avarice Blade
Boots --> Boots of Mobility
Lifesteal Scepter
Giant's Belt
Recurve Bow

Lifesteal Scepter --> EOV + Recurve Bow = Starks, starks will give you decent lifesteal as well as your teamates. Will let you jungle neutrals and the 30 armor reducion on it will immensely help your parrrleys.

BF sword --> Inf Edge
Sell 1 Avarice --> Zeal --> Phantom Dancer
Giants Belt --> Frozen Mallet
Sell the 2nd Avarice --> Black Cleaver / Bloodthirster (games are usually over by this point)

End game, you should have:

Boots of mobility (So you can get into teamfights easier and also to swap lanes to farm. Will also aid immensly if you're getting ganked and trying to escape. With GP's E, he moves at the speed of light)
Phantom Dancer (For melee, Crit chance, n dodge)
Starks (Melee, lifesteal, teambuff, armor reduction for parrrley)
IE (The extra crit dmg and crit chance)
Frozen Mallet (For the much needed health and the sexy slow)
Bloodthirster/Cleaver/GA (Personal preference really)

Levels 1-6, i.e, the laning phase, you must never overextend. If you're laning with a squishy or a carry, you are more than likely to fail if you move up too far past your tower.

Levels 6-11, You should now have 2 avarice blades, regular boots. Just focus on farming. Look for opportunities to land your ult and ALWAYS ALWAYS stay in the backlines of your teamfights. Come in to parrrley and then back away. Your melee attacks dont do ****. Remember to melee those champs that deserve it (I.e Mundo). And then back away.

Levels 11-15, You'll have your starks now. And also possibly giant's belt. You are now safe to melee people but still it's a little risky without your bf sword. You can take down squishies very easily if you find them alone.

15-18, After your bfsword and multiple teamfights, you should have enough to finish IE at least. You'll do the same amount of crazy dmg the old parrrley did. Once you get your phantom dancer, you're a critting machine and can easily melee people. Add mallet for more health and slowing parrrleys and win.

Belanova

03-03-2010

Getting even one Avarice Blade is horrible advice for Gangplank.

Voidgolem

03-03-2010

Step 1: Stop wasting parrley on champions earlygame, use it to get moneys until you can get LEET DAMAGE.

Step 2: Get LEET DAMAGE.

Step 3: Gib champions.

>.>