[Guide] Cassiopeia - Learn to Unlock Your True Potential

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelius View Post
Oh, okay thanks. WIll check the movement speed quints in that case.
They are pretty expensive, if you ask me I would make sure I would find use for them on others besides Cassiopeia, as you may decide you don't like them as much as I do and 6000 ip is a lot to waste.

Mael

03-20-2011

True, but hey she has been giving me a lot of fun. Besides I don't actually need any other runes. And heroes, well the new ones are not so interesting as of late. So I might as well try it out.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelius View Post
True, but hey she has been giving me a lot of fun. Besides I don't actually need any other runes. And heroes, well the new ones are not so interesting as of late. So I might as well try it out.
Alright, let me know how it works out for you. Personally, I love them on her and I find they fit her like a glove, especially considering she has fairly poor base ms.

Just a quick bump for those thinking of trying her out during the free week, I promise you my build is solid and my tips will save you and your teammates so much heartache!

Shampu

04-05-2011

OP is this an alt? 1200 rating concerns me...

BigDaddyRelish

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampu View Post
OP is this an alt? 1200 rating concerns me...
No, I just started playing Ranked about a month to a month and a half ago.

I got up from about 1100 rating to 1350 in about a week when I decided ultimately that Cassiopeia is who I wanted to specialize in, and with her, Renekton, and Ezreal I made it that far.

Then **** hit the fan. Doesn't seem to matter how good or bad I do, I went on a huge losing streak and almost went below 1200 again. Leavers, feeders, some of it was just that I got outplayed. Regardless, I've put off Ranked games again lately because Twitch was free and I got Lee Sin and I wanted to get some good time in with them, so I've set my main guys off to the side for a little bit to get some quality time in with them. Plus, I was hoping that my bad luck may subside too.

Starting to play Ranked again though. I hope to be higher, because I believe I belong in the 1300-1400 bracket. Sure, I'm not Reginald. But that doesn't mean I haven't learned things and have a solid playstyle for my character.

Rest assured though, I have about 150-200 games played with Cassiopeia in total.

Shampu

04-06-2011

right on

IMSOJUICY

04-06-2011

do you like haunting guise on her? i feel like the early HP and mpen seems like a big early stat boost for her considering the cheapness.

Nose of Namjoo

04-06-2011

Great guide and if anything, I believe her ult is broken as well. I'm an ok Cass player and the guide should serve as a guide for mid level cass players like me.

Lancefighter

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
This is intentional and a few other abilities do this too (Vladimir's Transfusion for example). We don't want a 35% slow that can be reapplied indefinitely.
according to Guinsoo ryalis doesnt even apply the full slow on twin fang.. Does this change your thoughts on the skill at all?

BigDaddyRelish

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancefighter View Post
according to Guinsoo ryalis doesnt even apply the full slow on twin fang.. Does this change your thoughts on the skill at all?
Yes, it does greatly. I always thought it was a bug and figured that it would get fixed eventually (also why her ult bug is left out and the exceptionally rare bug that Twin Fang goes on full cool down even when you hit a person who is still poisoned).

To be honest, I'm a bit on the fence about it. The Rylais tooltip at this point is way too unclear because Riot just seems to pick and choose what characters can have indefinite slows and what characters can't. I can understand why because she would basically be Ashe x1000, but at the same time it's very annoying because she has a lot of problems that Riot just seems to ignore for no other reason than what feels like, "Meh, we have better things to do than do a bug that has quite literally cost entire matches."

Just adding in a tooltip that when you buy Rylais that would say something like:
Rylais - 15% slow
or something on the skills that would only proc the 15% slow would go a long way.

And then when you put it side by side to Frozen Mallet, it feels like I'm a little cheated out of something that wouldn't be broken to have.

Rylais is still very important on her though and I highly recommend still picking it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSOJUICY View Post
do you like haunting guise on her? i feel like the early HP and mpen seems like a big early stat boost for her considering the cheapness.
I do like the item on her, it's great. Again, she scales best with mpen and ap, and this gives her a great chunk of both. It's a great cheap item that you can buy to increase your early game, not to mention it does help in mid-game where you start to drop off until you start getting your items together.

This being said, I don't typically buy it unless I'm having a hard time farming/ganking. It's a fairly big delay to my Rylais.

However, I have had great success with it and I do get it on her fairly frequently, especially if I am going up against robust opponents.

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback!