To Riot: RE Ryze and Other OP Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
The thing with Ryze is is that it's about 10 times harder to counter him than it is to play him, which is what makes him so unbalanced. As a champion he is indeed balanced, but the skill it requires everyone throughout the team to have to counter a single button bashing champion that a monkey can play properly is simply ******ed. Yes, Anivia can deal a large amount of burst as well, but it's balanced because it is a lot harder to dish out damage as Anivia, whereas Ryze can simply do R, W, Click, Q, Click, E, Click and you're down, no need to aim anything, no need to conserve cooldowns, there's just no thinking involved.

Yes, you can counter Ryze and this leaves him low-tier at high-top tier play, but in low-mid tier play it is too easy to dominate as Ryze, because the champion itself requires 0 skill to play as and it is hard to counter when lacking certain champions, or when having too many melee champions, which will be the case occasionally in low-mid tier play (which is where most people play, mid tier, you know, average).

Personally, I think Ryze's damage needs to be cut, but he needs some more utility and range to make up for his damage cut. A lot of you are saying "Ryze will only one-shot you when fed, just like any carry", and this is true, however, all other physical carries have low base damage, whereas Ryze's base damage will take you to 20-40% all by itself, making it easy for him to get fed unless everyone in your team plays well.

Once again, the imbalance in Ryze is the skill required to play him well versus the skill required to counter him, not the champion itself.
Yes....your absolutely correct. He is harder to shut down than to play.

There is a reason why he isn't used a lot in high ELO though....it's because he stops at that. Anivia has a great skill to dominate aspect...where it keeps increasing.

Ryze on the other hand...once you "get a hang of ryze" you can own....but own people who don't counter him. Higher ELO he gets shut down.

Claun

03-02-2010

I don't think Ryze is OP, but he's quite strong for a champ that easy to play. Mash all buttons in the keyboard. Profit.

Mitrax

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlankey View Post
TL;DR: Some champions are easier to play and some deal more DPS...get over it....

some deal more dmg?? yes true.. yi, jax, ashe, annie.. no one can kill more then one if they are not supported by others.. maybe they can kill 2 if they are uber fed.

ONE DEAL TO MUCH DMG.. he can kill 3 or 2 heroes without any difficulties ( he doesnt need very good items to do that )
tell me now intelligent one.. WHO ELSE CAN KILL 2-3 HEROES WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS?
answer: noone

why isn't this fixed? cus of ******s like you probably playing twitch to get wins.

Im playing all sorts of heroes.. supporters, assassins, dpss .. with some I can get easy kills with little help.. with some i bother to get kills.. and with one i can even get kills if I watch movies when i play.. I can do that only with twitch.

now go to school, educate, check your iq, then come back and lecture me who is dealing "little more dps" -.- if you cant realize that he is to dangerous then go play tetris.

Mitrax

03-02-2010

Quote:
The thing with Ryze is is that it's about 10 times harder to counter him than it is to play him, which is what makes him so unbalanced.
Thank you god for at least one smart guy left. you couldn't have told it better.
well done.

anyone opposing to what he said needs a brain surgeon. ASAP as Americans would say ^^

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

See, here's what's funny: No one ever complains about Ryze's huge pools of health. They complain about his massive damage.

Which is only funny because his damage wasn't buffed. If he's OP now, he's always been OP.

So then, why is everyone saying something now?

Because people are actually playing him now.

Ryze is a pubstomper, just like Evelynn or Master Yi. But unlike Evelynn or Master Yi, Ryze hadn't been played for a while. Everyone's used to Eve and Yi. Everyone knows how to counter them. They accept that they're pubstompers, and try not to feed them. When they do, they understand that they're dying because they fed the pubstomper.

But people don't respect Ryze. So when they die, "HOLY **** OP".

Let me put it this way:

He can kill you. He's good at killing you. He's easy to play and easy to counter. Don't feed him. Respect his range. Start travelling in groups. Be smart about how you engage your team fights.

Treat him like Evelynn, or like Master Yi. Don't be dumb around him. Don't run blindly into his range, thinking you can take him because "He's just Ryze, he's just at half-health". That's how you die.

Respect Ryze, and you'll murder him. Don't, and pay the price.

Quote:
The thing with Ryze is is that it's about 10 times harder to counter him than it is to play him, which is what makes him so unbalanced.
Hard to counter. Really. Maybe try taking even one survivability item. Maybe don't walk around in the jungle alone, or enter bushes without a friend. Maybe buy merc treads, like you should for most games because they're amazing. Maybe don't hug your group at the start of a team fight and let Ryze initiate.

To summarize: Learn how to counter him. It's actually very easy. The best way to learn: Try playing him. Against a decent team, it's more difficult than it looks.

Timlankey

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitrax View Post
some deal more dmg?? yes true.. yi, jax, ashe, annie.. no one can kill more then one if they are not supported by others.. maybe they can kill 2 if they are uber fed.

ONE DEAL TO MUCH DMG.. he can kill 3 or 2 heroes without any difficulties ( he doesnt need very good items to do that )
tell me now intelligent one.. WHO ELSE CAN KILL 2-3 HEROES WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS?
answer: noone

why isn't this fixed? cus of ******s like you probably playing twitch to get wins.

Im playing all sorts of heroes.. supporters, assassins, dpss .. with some I can get easy kills with little help.. with some i bother to get kills.. and with one i can even get kills if I watch movies when i play.. I can do that only with twitch.

now go to school, educate, check your iq, then come back and lecture me who is dealing "little more dps" -.- if you cant realize that he is to dangerous then go play tetris.
I don't play twitch....I actually don't like him...even though he is my 3rd most played, but only because I play like every champ and Shaco/Ashe/a ton of others keep switching for 3rd based on whoever I play that day.

What's funny though is I play Jax, pre and post patch. Kassadin was my main for a while and I used to play a lot of Rammus.

I actually have gone 35-4 with Rammus before...was a LONG time ago and was probably really low ELO.

Some champions are just easier to play than others man...and some deal more damage. Yes you are right that it may be "too much damage" but I don't think that is the case here.

More so I believe the real thing is that Ryze is EASY to play and has HIGH DAMAGE. That's why noobs are good with him, like with twitch.

Not all champions though can be "difficult to get good with and then start dealing damage." That is why they have a difficulty bar on champions because some are easier.

Craixis

03-02-2010

If you can't deal with him go play something else...
Seriously, he's fine, he kills 3 people when he's fed (look at him next time) or their idiots. You're only level 10, you haven't gotten in a set ELO yet, (I mean, 3 wins, on yi, 2 wins on Ryze, 1 on Udyr... you know nothing on how those heroes actually work, Mi)
Once you get to level 25, you can start complaining how Ryze is OPed, until then, learn the **** characters...
Seriously, he's not that difficult, don't make him sound like a god, I know he isn't. I've got a 50/50 chance when I play him (30 games... total. I've played Teemo 60, Zilean 30...) I know how he works, where his faults are, and (because of this) I know how to shut him down, so does Tim... we've got experience, listen to us for a moment instead of just QQing on how you think we're some noobs trying to defend our fav characters. Really, you have no clue on how to play characters from playing 6 games with them at that level...
"Now, go to school, educate, check your iq, then come back and lecture me" on how you think every character who can eat you alive is OPed, they're not, the player just knows their champion and yours better than you do.
If you can't realize he's not that bad then quit this and go play DotA. Atleast there I won't have to listen to you complain about how skilled you think you are, when you... know... nothing.
Oh, and yeah, Tim's level 30, I'm 27, and your 10... check your friends list, look under that mag glass, and shut your **** mouth.

Mitrax

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlankey View Post
I don't play twitch....I actually don't like him.

Some champions are just easier to play than others man...and some deal more damage. Yes you are right that it may be "too much damage" but I don't think that is the case here.

More so I believe the real thing is that Ryze is EASY to play and has HIGH DAMAGE. That's why noobs are good with him, like with twitch.

Not all champions though can be "difficult to get good with and then start dealing damage." That is why they have a difficulty bar on champions because some are easier.
First we need to find the problem right. So we did.. they are both just to easy to play.. many champions deal a LOT OF DMG. for example twisted fate. why isnt he that dangerous? cus he isnt easy to play. only few can handle him good.

both twitch and ryze are to easy to play.. fact. what they need to do is change their skills so they will be harded to play. cus at the moment... for their difficulty they deal to much dmg.

the more dmg champion can unleash the more difficult he should be to master.. like TF.
not like twitch and ryze.. MORE DMG = LESS DIFFICULTY . that's wrong.

Craixis

03-02-2010

TF, difficult to master, you're kidding... you've got to be kidding...
All he takes is a tiny bit of timing to get that gold card, then teleport in and whammo, 1 dead champ (even in a 4-5 team fight, turning the odds completely around).
Just wait, once you see a "good" TF, you'll cry OP like the rest of us.
Ryze is simple, and he's just as easy to shut down if you know how to deal with him.
Heck, he could be on the other side of the map and jump in to gank you, run back to base, and get ready to do it again.

Mitrax

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craixis View Post
Oh, and yeah, Tim's level 30, I'm 27, and your 10... check your friends list, look under that mag glass, and shut your **** mouth.
talking to me?? I may be lvl 10 on us server but i play on EU Server and im lvl 25..
im not paying for double exp so believe me I have a lot of experience dealing with both ryze and twitch. mentioning levels. if you think that just because youre 30 lvl that youre good then.. youre wrong. many 30 lvls are very bad. LVL DOES NO MATTER. some learn faster some learn slower. matter of IQ. so spare me that "im lvl 30" bull**** cus you obviously dont realize that lvl doesnt matter...

seen games where lvl 7 has pwned 2 lvl 30s.. explain? I have..
so stop with your lvl your skillness.