To Riot: RE Ryze and Other OP Champs

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Persedious

03-02-2010

I'm just going to preface this post by saying, no, I am not in the top ELO tier of this game, nor am I, or anyone I play with, likely to be. We are just a bunch of casual players, who play the game for a few hours after work when we can make some space in our schedule. There's four of us, and we group queue, leaving the MMing system to find us one other person to roll with. I enjoy reading the forums for entertainment to while away time at work, but have never posted here before, until recent developments in the game have frustrated me enough to go ahead and do it.

Look, everyone knows the recent change to Ryze has made him over the top. Everyone. It's talked about in every game we are in where he is there, both on our team or against us. And yes, everyone who reads the forums knows that there is a lot of crying about Ryze out there, most of it warranted. We all know that there are ways to counter him, and that he is a one trick pony; but it is that one trick everyone has an issue with.

I'm sorry, but being rooted and instagibbed isn't fun, even if it leaves the champ who did it vunerable, or useless for about six seconds. Even bad Ryzes can do this with ease, and it just takes the fun out of a team fight watching a mate simply die before anyone can really react.

I am aware that Ryze is considered underwhelming in higher tiers. So what? For the rest of us plebs that play the game, and due to the very fact that the higher tiers can only consist of a small population of the overall gameset will never make it there, Ryze is wrecking the game.

Riot, please don't handle this like Blizzard did with their arenas, which were balanced around super elite team sets, leaving the majority of the population screwed by a given patch, because if you do the game will end up like the arenas did in the latter days of WoW; an empty shell played by only a few. Please consider how buffs/nerfs affect most of your population.

Thanks for your time, keep up the good work.

CryHavoc

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persedious View Post
Look, everyone knows the recent change to Ryze has made him over the top. Everyone.
Except, you know, good players, as you even admit to below.

Quote:
I am aware that Ryze is considered underwhelming in higher tiers. So what?
So what? L2P. Seriously. RIOT shouldn't have to coddle you because you cannot adapt your playstyle to handle a glass cannon.

Claun

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
I main Ryze. So stop trying to make they nerf him
Fix'd

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

Know what, the OP is right. 90%+ of the population is playing this very recreationally. The characters that are very hard to counter without just the right combos make it very difficult for this 90% to play the game. I can't suggest how to fix this, but it seems a bit ridiculous how much characters that are "underpowered" in the "Upper Echelons" can carry a match almost by themselves. Anyone who can go in 1v3 with themselves being the 1, and the 3 being at full health, and walk out with a triple kill, is likely a bit over powered unless they're 4+ levels up.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

ryze is fine.

feed any carry and they are JUST as scary... except some of them are actually more viable at higher teirs

Timlankey

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
ryze is fine.

feed any carry and they are JUST as scary... except some of them are actually more viable at higher teirs
I agree with this statement. I don't main Ryze at all..in fact I think I have only played like 3 games with him....but I play against him a ton...and yes he poses a threat if fed/good/ignored in team fights...but then again so is Anivia under those conditions and she is considered a harder champ to play.

People gotta realize the difference between an OP champion, A fed champion, and a champion that is OP if not countered correctly.

If you ignore Tryndamere late game with a phantom dancer/infinity edge....GG...

He is considered a "bad" champion....yet he gets 2 items and is ignored in team fights, he will rock your ****.

Mitrax

03-02-2010

you wont achieve anything with these posts. no one listen. NO ONE. their logic for balancing heroes and skill for math is ingenious.

- twitch ( even bad player scores 20 3 score )
what tell's you that?? nothing... why? cus you cant think and youre stupid.
- ryze ( assassins could handle him? yes but they also die trying to disable him )
his ulti has 30 sec cooldown so he can spam deadly attacks every minute TWICE.american math and logic proven once again.. you poor creatures..

it will take 3 years before these ******s will understand that they are op.. why?? because they cant calculate properly. they gave us that potion for invisible units.. to detect them.. the best part.. I SEE TWICH ONLY IF HES ALREADY IN KILL RANGE.. good potion.. even better logic.

im not saying twitch and ryze are OP cus i got killed by them. IM saying they are OP cus I OWNED WHOLE OPPOSITE TEAM WITH THEM.. im avarage player.. if I can do that with them SURELY THEY ARE OP. imagine ryze and twitch in pro hands.

story : Once upon a time there was Twitch on bottom line. He was no good. gettin pwned every 5 minutes. he was feeding quite good and opposing team was thrilled... that sad little rat decided to leave the line and go "jungling". after a while he came back to REVENGE his earlier defeat. "WHAT HE CAN DO" thought Jax.. "I was pwning him whole early game. surely he cant be better then I am.. " In the next 5 seconds.. both jax and his mate feel under the minigun of twitch. From that point on everyone feared that little rat..

he needed 15 min to get from BAD AND USELESS to "KILL TWITCH FIRST IF YOU CAN"..

his items .. boots for attack speed and bow ( for increasing attack speed )
that's what he needed to kill 3 of 5 players in enemy team.

"**** Im good".. said little rat in ALL CHAT
"NOT! YOUR HERO IS" .. he got the answer..
"I know but what can I do if ******s dont fix him".. replied the twitch.

I hope youre not offended by the TRUTH cus im very objective person.. sue me for that.

even more simple explanation: If my friend own anyone in any game.. something is wrong with that game. You see.. hes very bad player with slow reflexes. So if he owns you know something is wrong. what is wrong? TWITCH. have a nice day

Timlankey

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitrax View Post
you wont achieve anything with these posts. no one listen. NO ONE. their logic for balancing heroes and skill for math is ingenious.

- twitch ( even bad player scores 20 3 score )
what tell's you that?? nothing... why? cus you cant think and youre stupid.
- ryze ( assassins could handle him? yes but they also die trying to disable him )
his ulti has 30 sec cooldown so he can spam deadly attacks every minute TWICE.american math and logic proven once again.. you poor creatures..

it will take 3 years before these ******s will understand that they are op.. why?? because they cant calculate properly. they gave us that potion for invisible units.. to detect them.. the best part.. I SEE TWICH ONLY IF HES ALREADY IN KILL RANGE.. good potion.. even better logic.

im not saying twitch and ryze are OP cus i got killed by them. IM saying they are OP cus I OWNED WHOLE OPPOSITE TEAM WITH THEM.. im avarage player.. if I can do that with them SURELY THEY ARE OP. imagine ryze and twitch in pro hands.

story : Once upon a time there was Twitch on bottom line. He was no good. gettin pwned every 5 minutes. he was feeding quite good and opposing team was thrilled... that sad little rat decided to leave the line and go "jungling". after a while he came back to REVENGE his earlier defeat. "WHAT HE CAN DO" thought Jax.. "I was pwning him whole early game. surely he cant be better then I am.. " In the next 5 seconds.. both jax and his mate feel under the minigun of twitch. From that point on everyone feared that little rat..

he needed 15 min to get from BAD AND USELESS to "KILL TWITCH FIRST IF YOU CAN"..

his items .. boots for attack speed and bow ( for increasing attack speed )
that's what he needed to kill 3 of 5 players in enemy team.

"**** Im good".. said little rat in ALL CHAT
"NOT! YOUR HERO IS" .. he got the answer..
"I know but what can I do if ******s dont fix him".. replied the twitch.

I hope youre not offended by the TRUTH cus im very objective person.. sue me for that.

even more simple explanation: If my friend own anyone in any game.. something is wrong with that game. You see.. hes very bad player with slow reflexes. So if he owns you know something is wrong. what is wrong? TWITCH. have a nice day
TL;DR: Some champions are easier to play and some deal more DPS...get over it....

Detha

03-02-2010

The thing with Ryze is is that it's about 10 times harder to counter him than it is to play him, which is what makes him so unbalanced. As a champion he is indeed balanced, but the skill it requires everyone throughout the team to have to counter a single button bashing champion that a monkey can play properly is simply ******ed. Yes, Anivia can deal a large amount of burst as well, but it's balanced because it is a lot harder to dish out damage as Anivia, whereas Ryze can simply do R, W, Click, Q, Click, E, Click and you're down, no need to aim anything, no need to conserve cooldowns, there's just no thinking involved.

Yes, you can counter Ryze and this leaves him low-tier at high-top tier play, but in low-mid tier play it is too easy to dominate as Ryze, because the champion itself requires 0 skill to play as and it is hard to counter when lacking certain champions, or when having too many melee champions, which will be the case occasionally in low-mid tier play (which is where most people play, mid tier, you know, average).

Personally, I think Ryze's damage needs to be cut, but he needs some more utility and range to make up for his damage cut. A lot of you are saying "Ryze will only one-shot you when fed, just like any carry", and this is true, however, all other physical carries have low base damage, whereas Ryze's base damage will take you to 20-40% all by itself, making it easy for him to get fed unless everyone in your team plays well.

Once again, the imbalance in Ryze is the skill required to play him well versus the skill required to counter him, not the champion itself.

Craixis

03-02-2010

I don't know, I'm finding Ryze very Viable compared to Teemo...
But then again, Teemo did eat through the lower ELOs for me...
Maybe I'll move up to Karth or something if I make it to higher ELOs...

But no, Ryze is not OPed, all casters do the same thing he does, just with 1 spell instead of 4... Sure, he gets an AoE, 60% damage from his target (ever hear of a 5 meter spread, do it...) when he pops his ult, but really, once he's popped it, unless he does manage to blow his load (which obviously he's doing to you) he becomes useless until another one of his cooldowns are done (and with a CD reduction build, it cripples his nukage... see the issue here). Here's the thing, he's not hard to counter... all champions have a certain rule to follow while dealing with them, Jax is keep your distance, Annie is stay spread apart, Fiddles is a CC and run... Ryze is CC and run... Take some time to learn the non build counters and you'll be fine...
Otherwise, stack magic resist. Kills all caster's DPS, just like Armor kills physical DPS.
Banshee also ruins his combo (he can't use Rune Prison unless he throws Spell Flux, if you're alone you get him to waste his spell flux so he can't do his full nuke on you, leaving him vulnerable, or giving you a chance to run.)

12345 ... 6