[Guide] AP Poppy: The Amazing Anti-Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus Sama

02-05-2011

I just bought Poppy, (I own quite a few champs, and always liked the idea of playing stuff that isn't chosen every single game... Pantheon, I'm looking at you.) and this guide definitely helps a lot. AP Poppy hits -hard-.

The only thing I can think about bringing up is, well, I was in a bad start game where it looked like things were snowballing. I followed most of the guide to a certain point, but I was looking at the low CD for DB. So, I had my Sheen, went with Ninja Tabi for defense reason since the other team was full of AD, finished the DFG and ended up getting a few kills. I bought a Nashor's and the cooldown for DB ended up being 2.4 seconds... So, if it wasn't for the fact that we had team battle after team battle so I couldn't go into a lane to farm a bit, I found that it was REALLY easy to farm having the 2.4 CD by just spamming Q and one-hitting minion after minion. I wasn't losing a lot of mana in the process.

I really can't think of any negative reasons not to get a Nashor's, too, since it helps cap your CDR, provides 55+ AP and also AS that makes sure that when you use DB and HC, you swing immediately.

me is Kiki x3

02-24-2011

bump

Crypto

04-02-2011

just tried that, at the end of the game I could instagib anyone on their team, lulz ensued. Great guide.

me is Kiki x3

04-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypto View Post
just tried that, at the end of the game I could instagib anyone on their team, lulz ensued. Great guide.
Thanks

Warrrax

04-05-2011

Props to those that can pull it off. I tried Poppy but just couldn't get it right. My main complant was that it takes SOOO long to farm up the Deathfire. Without it, she simply can't kill anything. Sheen-powered Dev Blows hit pretty hard and I felt ok during the supposedly weak laning phase. But I would never finish anyone off and even during ganking phase I could never quite pin anyone to the wall. If I did, they were always able to Ghost away or whatever.

General Sassycat

09-03-2011

gj on the guide. I basically do everything in the guide already, my only problem being the laning phase. I played poppy first back at about lvl 15 and because low lvls arent to bright they pretty much stood up against a wall and let me KC, but now i find it a lot more troublesome. Using my q to farm rather than trying to harrass and getting a laning partner that works well with Poppy will probably fix all my problems, i think, after looking through this. Just a little food for thought though. Quicksilver sash is also another annoying item for Poppy to go against, but it provides another reason to get more ap. After all you can always ult the champ WITHOUT it and if you have enuff ap, still destroy the carry. Although im pretty nub at all this so if im wrong plz tell me.
Also luvvin all the support for AP Poppy in this thread compared to AD Poppy. AD poppy only seems more effective because its easier, while AP Poppy is more niche.
I'll end this bs and just say good job xD.

Ajaxis

05-31-2012

bumpeddy bump

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

bumpeddy bump? **** you man. Worthless necro-ing piece of ****. Guide is over TWO YEARS OLD.