Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,192 85.79%
No 4,008 14.21%
Voters: 28200. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Josh de Tonreau

04-01-2011

bump

Josh de Tonreau

04-02-2011

not giving up

Alphonsio

04-02-2011

Rarely do I feel the urge to do more than lurk on the forums. This is one of those times.

The main reason I play LoL, above all else, is the interesting character design. I love Mundo, Singed, Urgot, Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, Maokai, Blitzcrank, etc. All the champions have a certain level of cool, imo, but it's the monsters and the freaks who really excite me. I would adore the Spider Queen being a new champ and honestly I'd probably still buy RP for her even if I had the IP. If Riot is a game company willing to give their customers what they want then they're more than worthy of our support.

So, let's start a new pledge, shall we?

I, (insert name here), swear that upon release of the Spider Queen I WILL purchase her with RP to reward Riot for helping our their community.

Josh de Tonreau

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonsio View Post
Rarely do I feel the urge to do more than lurk on the forums. This is one of those times.

The main reason I play LoL, above all else, is the interesting character design. I love Mundo, Singed, Urgot, Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, Maokai, Blitzcrank, etc. All the champions have a certain level of cool, imo, but it's the monsters and the freaks who really excite me. I would adore the Spider Queen being a new champ and honestly I'd probably still buy RP for her even if I had the IP. If Riot is a game company willing to give their customers what they want then they're more than worthy of our support.

So, let's start a new pledge, shall we?

I, (insert name here), swear that upon release of the Spider Queen I WILL purchase her with RP to reward Riot for helping our their community.
post in all the threads, upvote, hype it up like blind monk

Josh de Tonreau

04-02-2011

we will survive for the queen to revive

JohnPetrucci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2011

long live the queen?

Faster Mustache

04-02-2011

I've been looking forward to this champion for a while now. If she gets realeased after Lee Sin, I will buy both her skins SEPERATELY.

Now, in my opinion, Priscilla would be the female tank everyone has been talking about becasue A. She's kind unusual, which is the way Riot likes to get back at all the people QQing about things, and B. Becasue that massive model footprint couldn't go to anything but a tank.

I'll just leave this here:

Ability-wise, most of Priscilla's abilities have been taken and recycled into other champions, I.E. Camoflage to Nidalee and Thirst to Evelyn. Consequently, here are some abilities that fit her into a support/tanky role:

Mesmerizing Web (Ensnaring Web)- The main idea behind this ability is that it spreads to
nearby champions, making it both avoidable and still dangerous. Ensaring Web targets a single champion (or minion?)and places a debuff on them (-20% attack speed + -30% movespeed of whatever fits best) that is also an area effect. Any other champion that enters this area will have Mesmerizing Web effect them as well. The effect would last full duration for each champion, but they would then not be able to be affected by the Web again for the Ensnaring Web's cooldown (10 seconds or whatever). This prevents the web from continously being spread via minions and champions. Finally, Mesmerizing Web is her tank ability, since it debuffs enemy champs, allowing you to protect your squishies.

Inject Spiderlings (Inject Brood, Inject Broodlings, Infestation)- I like the sound of this ability because it reminds me of the Queens from Starcraft. Now, the issue with this ability is that it spawns minions, which RIot seems to be trying to avoid. Therefore, Priscilla casts Inject Broodlings on a single target. That target takes damage (either over time ala Mordekaiser, or instant ala Starcraft Queens) and spawns X Spiderlings (either instantly or after a short amount of time. We could have it so that the Spiderlings take a certain amount of time to gestate; if the target is killed instantly, no Spiderlings are spawned.) Spiderlings last X seconds before they expire (I would also suggest that they either increase in power ala Malzahar so that they dont do much damage out of extended team fights, or that many low-damage minions are spawned, which opens up tactics such as spawning them in a way that prevents the target from passing through them so they have to walk around your Spiderlings to escape).

Passive- Priscilla's original passive, Thirst, sounds like some sort of spell-vamp or lifesteal, something a tank should not have. Instead, I'll suggest two other abilities:

Passive: Corpse Eater- After killing a minion or champion, Priscilla (cocoons, if animation is possible) drains it and increases health regen by X (or healing instantly. Either on works). Basically, Priscilla has a small area affect (about Galio's Gaze size) that allows her to walk over dead minions and Champions to regen health. This gives Priscilla some good staying power, but is somewhat balanced; simply keep her away from minions so she can't heal!

Passive: Loving Mother- Upon death, Priscilla drops a cocoon. If nearby enemy champions (or possibly minions) are nearby, the coccon will spawn X (either X per second(s) or X instantly. I like X per second becasue this adds more utility) Spiderlings (possibly with enhanced stats) to chase them down. This ability is handy in the event of a cluster-**** teamfight, and allows Priscilla to continue to contribute after death.

Another note: I heard that Riot didn't like her model because it covered her up too much. Try either A. Having her hold it at a angle, or B. Have her hold it closed on her shoulder while moving and open when she was standing still. (Which makes sense: ever tried moving against the wind with a umbrella open?)

exoup

04-02-2011

You've seen how the blind monk came out. Queue another underpowered champion with an underwhelming skill set.

T8mNEiLGTw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2011

We need a dedicated pet champion. Might as wel use this awesome model that has already been made.

Vilelich

04-02-2011

so were just gonna periodically get dead champs resurrected until we have spider queen, plant king, and averdrian back in here? i'm in