Olaf Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

absolution I will go with your build but since I have a limited amount of Ip of 3000 and I am summoner level 20 what runes should i focus on buying first?

DrDragun

03-30-2011

No one should tell you to jungle before level 30 anyway.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
No one should tell you to jungle before level 30 anyway.
He said hes not jungling....

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemenAndSwallow View Post
absolution I will go with your build but since I have a limited amount of Ip of 3000 and I am summoner level 20 what runes should i focus on buying first?
CDR will help early game but you will be mana dependant
ATK Per lvl wont really work for l8r when you have armour etc so I would prioritize

Half CDR / Half Atk Per lvl, but I would get runes when your absolutely sure you want olaf as main.\
Armour last since your building Warmogs etc Read Moba to get item builds unless you want me 2 give tip but get
CDR and ATK/LVL

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
CDR will help early game but you will be mana dependant
ATK Per lvl wont really work for l8r when you have armour etc so I would prioritize

Half CDR / Half Atk Per lvl, but I would get runes when your absolutely sure you want olaf as main.\
Armour last since your building Warmogs etc Read Moba to get item builds unless you want me 2 give tip but get
CDR and ATK/LVL
Should i get any hp quints because I really want some survivanility. And what do you reccomend for masteries?

My build is:

Dorans Shield But if i want mana for harass i could get dorans ring. Which should i get?
Then get merc treds boosts of swiftness depending on the team I am facing. Then I get a phage buy a ghostblade and get a starks fervor then I complete my frozen mallet. and for my last item i either get an atmas, bloodthirsiter, inifnity edge (these are if I am doing really well and do not need survivability. For survivibilty i get banshees veil guardian angel or warmogs. Depending on the situation.

DrDragun

03-30-2011

Get armor seals and CDR glyphs first. They are cheapest and useful on many heroes. HP Quints are also useful but expensive so save them for later. Buy the AD marks last, if at all, because they would only be useful on 1-2 heroes. Armor pen or attack speed are almost as good and useful on more heroes (and many junglers) for your rune book once you get to level 30.

Its never a good idea to blow a bunch of IP on 1 heros runes when ur low level.

AD marks are for physical casters (Pantheon, Garen, Corki, etc) who use attack damage-based skills instead of right clicking. Absolution's build takes you into this direction by making you an AD caster based on using your throwing axes as your main lane skill (which it will be) however if you are only gonna use 3-4 rune pages this is too specialized and armor pen is more useful on a broad range of heroes (both AD casters and right clickers). AS is the best for right-clickers and jungle only.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Regrowth Pend
Merc Treads
Phage-> Fro Mallet
Warmogs
Rad Omens
Force of Nat
Atla Impaler
Guard Angel

You will basicly be like a TankLaf
Since you will use Q to slow and screw them over with E

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
Get armor seals and CDR glyphs first. They are cheapest and useful on many heroes. HP Quints are also useful but expensive so save them for later. Buy the AD marks last, if at all, because they would only be useful on 1-2 heroes. Armor pen or attack speed are almost as good and useful on more heroes (and many junglers) for your rune book once you get to level 30.

Its never a good idea to blow a bunch of IP on 1 heros runes when ur low level.
Unless your sure hes your main champion but I agree with this guy
Buy my rune priority first for it benefits olaf and only olaf

DrDragun

03-30-2011

Quote:
Regrowth Pend
Merc Treads
Phage-> Fro Mallet
Warmogs
Rad Omens
Force of Nat
Atla Impaler
Guard Angel

You will basicly be like a TankLaf
Since you will use Q to slow and screw them over with E
I agree with Absolution's overall philosophy of Tanklaf with CDR.

None of those individual items are bad except that you are buying +2000 soft hitpoints (Mallet first then immediate Warmogs?). You need to add some hardness before you add more hitpoints after the mallet. Warmogs only takes 10 assists to fully stack now, you don't need to be an investor and rush it early game.

To the OP, once you get more games with Olaf most people do not get Frozen Mallet and would use Ghostblade in that spot instead, since Olaf already has a good slow with his axe if you can hit it reliably, and they do not stack favorably (you get less than half the additional slow from mallet). Ghostblade gives valuable CDR which lets him spam his true damage more, often along with axes. I see you had Ghostblade in your original build and I don't recommend you cut it.

KoreanCasper

03-30-2011

Quote:
Unless your sure hes your main champion but I agree with this guy
Buy my rune priority first for it benefits olaf and only olaf
I am confused. I have main group of champions i use for ex. olaf, xin zhao, tryndamere, dr. mundo, and nunu. These are pretty much the champions I use. To make it clear what runes should I buy first since I am still low level and do not have that much ip? But when I am level 30 I want to buy runes that will purely benefit olaf. SO which runes should I buy first?+