Practice games should have all Champions.

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loki View Post
This should be implemented for the TR.
Yeah, that would be swell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telak

Senior Member

02-26-2010

Make a solo practice mode sort of like the tutorial thats locked on twisted treeline and is 2v1 always against the <INSERT NEGATIVE WORD HERE> bots. Nobody is going to play that full time but it gives us a chance to learn exactly how skills work like when you release a new champion and don't make it free for the week.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-26-2010

Why would it make sense to practice with a champion you don't own or isn't on rotation?
I'm level 21 and have 9 champions that I haven't unlocked.
So what is the big deal? I should have enough IP by level 30 to unlock all of the ones I don't have unlocked.
Of course I won't be wasting IP on the epic tier mages, like Karthus or Anivia, because I've played with them and don't care to play as them again.
Besides that, practice mode vs. bots is worthless.
Sure, you might go 45/0/0 as twitch, but that doesn't mean much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azelf

Senior Member

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We considered this, but one issue is that unlocking all Champions in practice will drive more people into practice mode and split our player base. More players in MM means shorter queues and better matches. Practice mode is not the best way to experience our game, and we shouldn't make that the superior mode.

- RiotChris
I disagree.

Unless you're < lv 12 (I think), only 4 practices a day give IP/XP, and then it's got -35%. Of course, it's tempting given that you can try new champions and crazy builds and what not, but that's what practice is made for?

I make an (slightly) analogy here. You study in the college, you get an A every now and then, got a degree, then jump out and got pwned more than often because it's the real world. But you can not stay because college takes money, job pay money.

You have the chance to test champion, try crazy build, and pwn ppl. You eager saving enough IP or RP to buy a champion. You jump out to normal and got pwned by tryhards, real teamwork and what not. But practice gives nothing (after a while), so ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khrin

Senior Member

02-26-2010

It'd be nice for newbie scum (no offence) if there were items in the store such as, for 500 IP you can buy a "temp unlock" token that temp-unlocks a champ for 3 days.

Be especially handy since mean rich people atm can riot-point buy fancy champs for newbie islande etc


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech View Post
Yeah, that would be swell.
you're given infinite RP.

that should probably do it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Da Orkz

Senior Member

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telak View Post
Make a solo practice mode sort of like the tutorial thats locked on twisted treeline and is 2v1 always against the <INSERT NEGATIVE WORD HERE> bots. Nobody is going to play that full time but it gives us a chance to learn exactly how skills work like when you release a new champion and don't make it free for the week.
Also, playing solo practice should give zero IP/XP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cycoconutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-26-2010

but really, it's called PRACTICE MODE. we should be able to practice the game and champions at our leisure.

all i really wish for is all champs to be unlocked in practice. how can you practice something efficiently while having limited access.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoL is too buggy

Member

02-26-2010

The real problem is that practice games would have all champions AND give ip. No real reason to play MM games at all. If you gave all champions in practice ames you would have to remove ip rewards from them entirely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AranAT

Member

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazabi02 View Post
How about all champions for solo practice mode?
this'd be really nice.


123