Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackIsle

02-25-2010

What?! Riot, you have got to me ****ting me.

First, us folks in SEA are completely blind-sided by the news, then we find out that the new servers are not even up yet, then comes a vague email which does not offer any useful information about what is going to happen moving forward, and this "new partner" of Riot has been silent thus far, everything has been left up hanging in the air!

It all sounds like bull**** to me. After all the support we've shown for Riot and the game, we get unceremoniously chucked out?! Freaking starting from scratch with no servers up yet?! What about all the friends in America and the EU that I made? And please, English in the median language here in SEA so that whole language justification is just nonsense and I don't think latency has ever been a major problem.

This is thoroughly disappointing. Is is possible to at least give us more information and details about developments so we'll know what to expect...and so that we won't be left dangling?

JurisnaethMKIV

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIsle View Post
What?! Riot, you have got to me ****ting me.

First, us folks in SEA are completely blind-sided by the news, then we find out that the new servers are not even up yet, then comes a vague email which does not offer any useful information about what is going to happen moving forward, and this "new partner" of Riot has been silent thus far, everything has been left up hanging in the air!

It all sounds like bull**** to me. After all the support we've shown for Riot and the game, we get unceremoniously chucked out?! Freaking starting from scratch with no servers up yet?! What about all the friends in America and the EU that I made? And please, English in the median language here in SEA so that whole language justification is just nonsense and I don't think latency has ever been a major problem.

This is thoroughly disappointing. Is is possible to at least give us more information and details about developments so we'll know what to expect...and so that we won't be left dangling?
QFT...

SEA players have been blindsided by this sudden change of events. I call for a petition for all SEA players. DO NOT BLOCK US YET UNTIL WE HAVE OUR NEW SERVERS! Who's with me?

Asterix

02-25-2010

+1 to JurisnaethMKIV. We should have a poll for this.

Assasinates13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

+2 to above above poster

JurisnaethMKIV

02-25-2010

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=66423 I created a petition thread. SEA Players show your support...

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Hey guys it's late and I'm going to bed, but I'll comb through this thread and reply tomorrow

rexilen

02-25-2010

hi..

i'm from Malaysia..

Riot should not banned us if the new server still yet not launch..this is ridiculous..
i wander when the new server will be launch in SEA..
well this is the 1st game Online that banned player before announce new server in SEA region..what the hell..

well what i can say, nice game, nice fwenz we have and this farewell i guess..so bye3 LOL.

Soulrik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Below is the e-mail from LoL:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dear Soulrik,

We are excited let you know that Riot Games has entered a partnership with a Southeast Asian publisher which lives up to the Riot standard of awesomeness, and as such, we have granted them exclusive rights to League of Legends in Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and the Philippines. Unfortunately, this means that players in those countries will be restricted from the US servers, so that we can ensure that they receive the highest quality play experience available.

Our first thoughts in signing this agreement were what would happen to our loyal players. We would like to thank you for your loyal support of our game, and let you know about some of the things that you will receive as part of this transition.

· First priority beta access to the new servers
· Lower latencies
· Simplified payment processes
· Personalized customer support
· A tailored gameplay experience

Thank you for your continued support and understanding. We look forward to seeing you once again on the Fields of Justice. Feel free to reply to this email with any questions you may have.

- Alex
“Skribbles”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm so sad right now T_T

dreamgame

02-25-2010

Wht fck?
Can I have my choice which server I wanna go to without playing with proxies?
My rights of LoLing has been stripped off me until the new servers go live =<
Not cool, Riot. Not cool at all.

edit:
I can still login. YEAH!

JurisnaethMKIV

02-25-2010

I really hope they dont block SEA countries without our new servers... We're currently aware of the agreement but it's a complete blindside on the consumers' part. All we're asking for is a little bit of consideration.