Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post

Unfortunately, this does mean that, as of February 25th, players located in Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, and the Phillipines will be blocked from the North American servers as part of our publishing agreement.
are u guys ******ed or just plain dumb? do you really want to relive the eu exp? dont say i didnt warn u.

yes i use such harsh words. after what almost hapened with goa...........

DoomManufact

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzminkey View Post
The segregation of the severs will help localize languages and thus create better cooperative communities overseas.

The competitive scene will still be viable as we can compete on the US servers. I'm sure Riot and others will host international invitational League of Legends tournaments in the distant future to keep the international competitive community alive and kicking.
This. Several times. I'm sick of playing w/ Chinese ppl. Nothing against China, but it's very hard to coordinate a team when you all speak different languages. "Ping" language isn't always effective

bnsn92

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

hey....im frm malaysia....but i wud still like to play with ppl frm other countries....especially NA ones.....playing with onli asians is nt that fun anymore....T_T

deathwydo

02-25-2010

Having a separate server is good news, so SEA players can play with a lower latency. However, I think what all of us are bugging to know is, will their IP and XP be brought over to the new server for these players? I hope an admin can clear this up and make an official statement on this. Quite a number of us already spent a lot of effort grinding through, so in actuality, it's bad news if IP and XP are not brought over.

JasonSimulation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

But this came without warning... As of today, all SEA players will be unable to login?

Why can't you impose the IP Block until the SEA publisher's servers are setup? This looks like it would take a while!

JasonSimulation

02-25-2010

I'm really, really deeply sad it has to come to this. Won't even have the chance to say bye to my NA friends online.

arcerms

02-25-2010

yea, don't kick us out of here man.... zzzz

I am from singapore and i already have my friends from NA whom i play with online

zzz...

Embar

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomManufact View Post
This. Several times. I'm sick of playing w/ Chinese ppl. Nothing against China, but it's very hard to coordinate a team when you all speak different languages. "Ping" language isn't always effective
I hope you realize how ignorant this makes you sound, because China is not in South-East Asia. In fact, a lot of SEA players would communicate in English, especially those from Singapore and Malaysia.

arcerms

02-25-2010

And i bet the SEA provider will suck.... *time to find another game*

Lantis Shade

02-25-2010

i cant play with my friends anymore?( the sole reason im playing LoL)

this sucks. T.T

/quit