(Guide)AP Shaco: Toggle the Clown!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

02-22-2010

Redhammer is beast!!!

Blux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

I approve of this build... After playing several games with T0ggle himself and seeing him utilize this build to great effect, I decided to buy Shaco, T0ggle's suggested rune page, and use his masteries and build.... Basically I followed this guide to a T.

Needless to say it has been very successful...

Getting double and triple kills by myself by leading people into 5 JitB traps in the jungle, knocking off half of someones HP with a single two shiv throw, and scoring double and triple kills with my hallucinate alone. These are just a few things this build can do, I haven't played that many games with him yet, and i'm definitely not playing against n00bs...

Heres a screenshot just to give you an idea... Also look at Pantheons minion kills from this game... 300 LOL.... Kind of ironic.

Almighty1

02-23-2010

"regrowth pendant > philosophers stone (Late game sell this for a Haunting Guise)"

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Srsly. Late game sell for a haunting guise??? That's an early game item, t0ggle.

T0ggle

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blux View Post
I approve of this build... After playing several games with T0ggle himself and seeing him utilize this build to great effect, I decided to buy Shaco, T0ggle's suggested rune page, and use his masteries and build.... Basically I followed this guide to a T.

Getting double and triple kills by myself by leading people into 5 JitB traps in the jungle, knocking off half of someones HP with a single two shiv throw, and scoring double and triple kills with my hallucinate alone. These are just a few things this build can do, I haven't played that many games with him yet, and i'm definitely not playing against n00bs...

Heres a screenshot just to give you an idea... Also look at Pantheons minion kills from this game... 300 LOL.... Kind of ironic.
Lol what are you talking about, we've played maybe 9 or so games together, and its been fun.
Good shaco killing, All I gotta do is video my own shaco playing but im still waiting on vazry to get online for once.

Almighty1

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
Lol what are you talking about, we've played maybe 9 or so games together, and its been fun.
Good shaco killing, All I gotta do is video my own shaco playing but im still waiting on vazry to get online for once.
Reply to my post - it's a serious inquiry...

Why would you get haunting guise end game? If anything, you would sell it at that time.

Blux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
Reply to my post - it's a serious inquiry...

Why would you get haunting guise end game? If anything, you would sell it at that time.
having 80 flat mpen late game is amazing, plus you don't need it that early?

I like it because if it makes it late game like the post I made did... you can sell it and buy all 3 elixirs, and rebuy the guise

soolshock

02-23-2010

Quote:

Why post a screenshot of a 5v4 game? plus the fiddle didnt even know that shiv did magic dmg...

Blux

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by soolshock View Post
Why post a screenshot of a 5v4 game? plus the fiddle didnt even know that shiv did magic dmg...
Try 3v4... Our NuNu was borderline ******ed and only came out of the base to get killed. And our Ryze afk'd for most of the game only coming back for about 5 minute spurts...

mistermoo

02-24-2010

Having played with you, really don't like you as a person, but I'll throw that aside for now, since I'm here to review the guide itself.

First of all, it would help if you had reasons building the way you do in original text, that way the more inexperienced players, who are the ones reading the guides, afterall, understand why they're doing things. For example, I think people are giving you too hard a time about philostone, perhaps justifying it in the original post might help. Personally, I use philostone on Shaco because I am not that good with him (read: can't manage health/mana well), but luckily I only play him in practice games.

In any case, it seems to me that by getting mejai's and philostone, you will be heavily delayed in killing power, and if you don't get those kills, you're done. Shaco starts to pan out late game, particularly AP Shaco, and if you have a mejai's and a philostone (both late game items) you aren't going to be getting the snowballing momentum you need to last you until late game. A friend of mine plays AP shaco and runs Sheen (for Mana/AP/Lichbane) and then Sorc Shoes/Mejai's. He's pretty good at it, and his early game killing power is, obviously, a little better than what it would be if he had philostone instead.

All of this said, I haven't actually tried the guide's build, so I'm mostly theorycrafting and speaking on behalf of my friend's experience. If it works, it works, but it seems like AP Shaco gimps himself on damage if he doesn't actually get any AP/Mpen early.

~mistermoo

AIM7Sparrow

02-24-2010

Quote:

this just in, junior member "approves this guide." LoL community blindly accepts his expertise. Senior member T0ggle and beta tester still getting matched up with newcomers. (No Article required.)

Lastly, grats on dominating a 4v5 matchup. No one would have thought that could happen. Obviously that proves this build is perfect.

/sarcasm