Ninjadin, A Kassadin Guide for the Hyper Aggressive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Empyron

02-22-2010

Void staff is not as good as abyssal scepter. That being said, I go spell pen/AP runes for Kassadin and I think you're better off going catalyst>Mejais>boots>Lich Bane>DFG>whatever you want. I usually end up turning Catalyst into Banshee's Veil and then lastly if game still going (usually not) Zhonya's or Abyssal Scepter.

So end game build would be

Mejais
Boots 2 (sorc boots/merc treads)
Lich Bane
Deathfire Grasp
Banshee's Veil
Zhonya's/Abyssal Scepter.

It's pretty badass. I'm about 30-10 with kassadin.

HeroByProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

Love the guide man, I checked out a few Kass builds and this is what I go by.

Btw good luck during basic, best time I ever had lol.

kijik

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
Void staff is not as good as abyssal scepter. That being said, I go spell pen/AP runes for Kassadin and I think you're better off going catalyst>Mejais>boots>Lich Bane>DFG>whatever you want. I usually end up turning Catalyst into Banshee's Veil and then lastly if game still going (usually not) Zhonya's or Abyssal Scepter.

So end game build would be

Mejais
Boots 2 (sorc boots/merc treads)
Lich Bane
Deathfire Grasp
Banshee's Veil
Zhonya's/Abyssal Scepter.

It's pretty badass. I'm about 30-10 with kassadin.
get to 170W-90L 2510K 944D 1983A with Kassadin and I might give ya a bit more credit :P I don't mean to be an arse, but I'm seeing all of these other "kassadin guides" sprout up with faulty item builds and I'm starting to get annoyed, diversity is good, but any top tier player will tell you, there's currently not a whole lot of itemization options for burst casters.

In any case, moving on.

that's a fine build against soft casters with no MR, but otherwise, it'll fall quickly to physical due to having no physical mitigation.

Abyssal is only better than void if the enemy team has no MR stacked up at all, even just an aegis would very likely cause Void Staff to pull ahead of Abyssal. Not to mention if the enemy doesn't have stacked MR, you may as well just pick up a stronger AP item, since masteries and sorc shoes will handle most of their MR anyway.

Tested Katsuri's phys build, it's surprisingly effective, atleast against a physical stacked team, I can see it lacking slightly vs casters and disables, but against a team that just tries to pew pew you back, if you pack ninja tabi you'll out dps and outburst them. ran it by mistake with my 10/0/20 masteries, but with 20% crit runes(why I switched it up, was expecting to go ap, but saw my crit and was like OSH- and went phys)

Thanks for the encouragement Nihmedu, it's good to hear it from someone else that basic is fun instead of hell.

Empyron

02-23-2010

Workin on that record lol.

Still, I'd like to change my item choice as I like what I have been doin recently.

Catalyst > boots 1 > mejais >boots 2 > DFG, then build according to what you need. I usually do Banshee's and Guardian Angel/Warmog's.

my runes are Spell Pen and flat AP. I have decent spell penetration even if people do stack spell resist. I ran into a malphite that stacked spell resists (i.e. Aegis, etc.) who was a little tougher to kill but he couldn't catch me so I would just hop here and there with riftwalk and null sphere, DFG, force pulse him until team mates came to finish him off. Everyone else, I do pretty well against.

I may not have the games under my belt with him, but a 3 to 1 record isn't bad for starters... especially considering half the losses I had were when I was low level and trying people out/learning the game still.

kijik

02-23-2010

might I add that lately I've been skipping DFG due to the fact that I'm incredibly lazy and there's so much to do as kass it's hard to remember to make full use of DFG in every fight as it is.

It's still an incredible item, and if you have the attention span to completely micro it and make full use of it, more power to you, but lately I've just skipped it in favor of the damage from void staff and quicker path to frozen heart, and if a game goes long enough, zhonya's.

AIM7Sparrow

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijik View Post
might I add that lately I've been skipping DFG due to the fact that I'm incredibly lazy and there's so much to do as kass it's hard to remember to make full use of DFG in every fight as it is.

It's still an incredible item, and if you have the attention span to completely micro it and make full use of it, more power to you, but lately I've just skipped it in favor of the damage from void staff and quicker path to frozen heart, and if a game goes long enough, zhonya's.
I don't get DFG either although it seems like for different reasons. It's just too **** expensive and makes your early/mid game that much weaker as you get the rather lackluster parts to build it.

Also, I don't appreciate the comment regarding other Kass guides and "faulty item builds." It's a one item difference and I'm not completely sure you've tried it enough times or made full use of it to be saying those kind of things.

And I know you're good, not implying anything otherwise so don't go posting your stats again.

kijik

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
I don't get DFG either although it seems like for different reasons. It's just too **** expensive and makes your early/mid game that much weaker as you get the rather lackluster parts to build it.

Also, I don't appreciate the comment regarding other Kass guides and "faulty item builds." It's a one item difference and I'm not completely sure you've tried it enough times or made full use of it to be saying those kind of things.

And I know you're good, not implying anything otherwise so don't go posting your stats again.
Actually combined with frozen heart it maxes out your CDR without golem buff, the mana regen never hurts, and if you get the pick early enough and just sit on that for a while it can help out.

It's really not a bad item, I'm just a lazy *******.

PS. I'm considering posting a dps kass guide that'll look a lot like this one with a few tweaks, based on my testing. Readers, your thoughts? should I do it?

Vanoc

03-15-2010

I'd like to see that dps build you're working on.

Btw, has any one experimented with Nashor's Tooth? It seems to me to round off Kassadin quite well, given that it gives 25% cd reduction, AP, and attackspeed, which is usefull if you have to take down buildings and works well with his mana leech skill. It's also a nice option if you've built codex for DFG but decide for whatever reason that its not worth it.

kijik

08-27-2010

Guide brought up to speed a bit for the times, I'll be playing kass more as time goes on and bringing things even more into focus, stay tuned, feel free to comment, flame, or have an intelligent debate with me

kijik

08-31-2010

testing done on the phys build, works wonders, even against a very kass scary team it did well and poked pretty hard.
rawr