[Guide] Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

08-08-2009

I've found it far better late game to simply get two levels of Baleful then focus entirely on Dark Matter. I forego getting my stun until 12 and onward. Why? Because well placed Dark Matters will hit the intended target in a team fight and Veigar isn't much of a solo character until he amasses enough AP to 3-shot champions(500+ AP required for your average enemy caster). The stun is fantastic, but the fact of the matter is unless he's against a fiddle/ryze/soraka/any caster, he's not that great and even without the stun he can wittle away at them enough 1v1 to finish them off with a primordial burst.

Besides, as Veigar I tend to just stick to my lane nonstop and farm for as long as I can while popping out to ult someone into oblivion every now and then. Also a fun combo to try out: Ryze+Veigar, watch your target cringe in horror as he gets prisoned and the very unique sound of dark matter sailing through the sky follow closely after.

Vukasa

08-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakisarak View Post
does the AP veigar gets from baleful strike reset if he dies?
Nope, any AP earned from kills is permanent. Late game it will be easier to last hit with baleful but since youll be moving around the map staying on your toes and fighting with your team, u wont get many opportunities to farm it from minions.

So early game is the time to stock up on an extra 25-40 quick AP. If your decent with Baleful last hitting this is worth about 420-880g in AP, far outweighing the ability to spam lv 1-2 DM[wasting mana and pushing your lane further from your tower] from the very beginning while losing out on your only escape mechanism.

GMagna

08-25-2009

What runes should I use on him? I'm using AP runes (Potency and Force). First I want to ask, what runes give more AP: Potency or Force? In the beggining and in the end game. And should I use full AP runes or should I use some others, like mana regen, too?

mermin

08-25-2009

cooldown and spell penetration i find the most usefull

Jabe

08-25-2009

If you have issues last hitting with baleful strike (especially level 1 of it), then you can auto-attack and cast baleful strike almost immediately after to get an easier kill with it.

Burninator

08-25-2009

Personally, I spread the love around, as far as skill points go. Level 1 is always the stun. For sure. Always. Good DotA players will back me up: You grab your escape mechanism first just in case they go for first blood (unless you're going for first blood as well). Then I go maxing baleful with a few points in DM for the eventual farm fest. I've found that against less skilled opponents, prioritizing DM over baleful can be amazing for harassing, since you can usually either get them to respect your space and lose farm, or take heavy damage. However, given cooldowns and the fixed mana cost, a high level baleful is the way to go for harassing a skilled laner.

Vukasa

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMagna View Post
What runes should I use on him? I'm using AP runes (Potency and Force). First I want to ask, what runes give more AP: Potency or Force? In the beggining and in the end game. And should I use full AP runes or should I use some others, like mana regen, too?
still trying things with runes, for awhile i had maxed out cd with either movespeed or ap quintessence, but since alot of fights are over so fast this would usually just get another baleful off. Veigar really requires some spot on timing and finesse with Dark Matter for teamfights which is prolly why i like him so much. The feeling of pulling off a perfect combo of burst dmg is sooo =].

About getting the stun first, i would only do it if you know the person ur laning with, with just meki and 2 potions you dont wanna be overly aggressive right at the start or youll have to use your teleport before you have the cash for a chalice which will drastically set your farming back. I play really defensive and i let my lane mate know this at the start.

ODonnell

08-26-2009

Its worth mentioning that since he has spammable spells, the mana buff form neutrals is very very useful

MrLidenbrock

08-26-2009

For the newbs out there (like me): Is there a list of items like there was/is for DotA? I know where the champions are listed, but I havn't got a clue where the items are, and I guess I'll need to know the items before the game, right?

Oh, oh, and also: Can I somehow put down an item, then take it back? Is there a... vault or something? You might be wondering why I need that; it's for when all my slots are full except maybe one, and I wanna build a three component item: I've got a problem. Found the answer: You can buy the item right away if you have enough gold, you don't need to possess all the components.

Thanks in advance.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-26-2009

My suggestion, the way I love to play him. Relies on decent last hitting with Baleful but has a really strong late game.

Skills: Baleful, Event Horizon, then prioritize Ult > Baleful > Dark Matter > Event each level.
Reasoning: Baleful strike's mana cost doesn't increase with level, but the damage does. Might as well get the use out of it that you're paying for anyways. And with my build farming with baleful nets the same amount of money, just doesn't push tower as far. However you will have much more ap to show for it.

Items: Start with Sapphire crystal + health/mana pot, port back as soon as you can after you finish tear of the goddess. Then get sorc boots, Rod of ages, Zhonya, finish archangel. If game drags on, lich bane next. This is a build if there isn't a ton of magic damage and a veigar on the enemy team, if there is a chalice and abyssal is better.

Also, get brilliance pots as often as possible midgame and late game. They're Amazing. Just do it.

Just the way I play~

123456 ... 8