[Guide] Cassiopeia - Learn to Unlock Your True Potential

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mael

03-19-2011

Great guide, many useful tips. My build focused on getting RoA asap. But after trying Rylais straight after Catalyst I must admit it made quite a difference. Also love the Cleanse/Flash combo. I need to farm more IP since the Movement Speed Quint idea piqued my curiosity. Especially after I managed to runaway from Sion and Garen on half a green bar. They chased me like from the bottom mid to my base.... it was epic. Also I have to point out that after trying your build for the first time I scored 9/2/10 in a game so I will definetly stick to your build.

Silent Reaper

03-19-2011

Great Guide +1

Mael

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post

DO NOT even think about trying to ult under these circumstances though.
-While someone is spinning: It won't stun during any portion of Katarina's Death Lotus, Garen's Judgement, Renekton's Cull, etc.
Today I played against Katarina an while she jumped on me and started spinning I used my R and stoned her twice resulting in her swift demise. I don't recommend rushing into her Death Lotus, however in certain cases it does pay of to land your R when you are too close.

@Riot: Would love to see some good skins for her as the given 2 are well.... not so good.. to say the least...

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-19-2011

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd make a better guide. Instead I'll just help a bit, there's much needed here.

I play her way more aggressively, and with magpen quints not MS, wasting 6 magpen. She has the highest dot ratio in game (+0.9), not stacking magpen is like not winning off the hop.

The item build should be Rylai's after Sorc boots, 34 magpen early on puts the enemy at a -MR. I also like to get Abyssal if the enemy is caster heavy, or my own team. Banshee's used to be ideal, not anymore. Zohnya's is much more effect with Abyssal because of the aura, while the enemy takes your dot damage, their MR is reduced near you -invincible- (much more viable, for ulting especially)

The term "high skill" is more like "high risk," you should also know that mana regen is much more effective than flat mana, early game.

Your masteries should be 21/5/4(1 point in strength of spirit, 3 points perservence) , use ghost and flash for spells. This looks like a squishy build, but if you have experience with her you would know how easy it is to keep your distance with 10mana left, and full hp, continuing to harass.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelius View Post
Today I played against Katarina an while she jumped on me and started spinning I used my R and stoned her twice resulting in her swift demise. I don't recommend rushing into her Death Lotus, however in certain cases it does pay of to land your R when you are too close.

@Riot: Would love to see some good skins for her as the given 2 are well.... not so good.. to say the least...
If you know which way they're facing, before they start spinning, it's pretty easy to get stuns off. I always ult kat successfully, have some trouble with tryn tho.

More skins, yes.

BigDaddyRelish

03-19-2011

I updated the General Tips section with a new tip I think more people should know about, so make sure you check it out!

I have yet to see a Cass (including myself) get the timing right to get the stun off on someone that is spinning. Regardless though, I don't like to take my chances with luck and I'm more one to wait until I'm most certain I will get the maximum potential out of my ult in a situation, and I've been doing well with it in that regard.

I'm very glad people are happy with my build and are having success with it!

@ 4Death4:

I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at. I'm feeling a little trolled, I did mention that if you don't want to use ms quints or don't want to make the investment to go with other offensive caster quints. I even bolded that Cassiopeia scales best with mpen and ability power more than any other stat, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Also, I hate abyssal because after buying it numerous times, I find I'm hardly ever in range for it. I'm more one to keep myself in the back of fights though instead of the center of it, she isn't a Kennen or anything. Hourglass is a good defensive caster item regardless of who you get it on though, and has saved my life multiple times.

However, I highly suggest not running into the middle of a fight with those 2 items and activating zhonyas, you are not valuable to your team in that way. If I was going to do that I would play someone like Swain or Kennen who gets more value out of the invulnerability as their spells are still being casted while they are in stasis, Cassiopeia's spells wear off very quickly and she needs to cast them frequently.

Thank you for your input though, even though I disagree.

Mael

03-19-2011

I was checking MP runes and figured that I can reach 19 MP at start, so with Sorc boots it would give 39MP. Now my question is does negative MR (because some heroes have like 30MR at start) give bonuses to my magic damage ?

Medusa

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelius View Post
I was checking MP runes and figured that I can reach 19 MP at start, so with Sorc boots it would give 39MP. Now my question is does negative MR (because some heroes have like 30MR at start) give bonuses to my magic damage ?
Can only go negative with Reduction things (Abyssal Scepter, Malady, Starcall etc.)

Mael

03-19-2011

Oh, okay thanks. WIll check the movement speed quints in that case.

Argodis

03-19-2011

Great guide.

123456 ... 7