Why Do So Many People Say That Mobafire Guides Suck?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

House AD

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootbabe View Post
Like when i first started i never bought boots. Because it said it gives "enhanced movement".... I was like "wtf is that?" i thought it was immunity to slows or something. Some friends eventually clued me in though lol. They should really just put +50 movespeed or whatever.
This has always REALLY bugged me too. I like to know exactly what I'm getting from an item, not just "enhanced movement." All the other items that buff movespeed give you a value, why not boots?

Mitch Bade

03-10-2011

Guides on Leaguecraft are in no way shape or form any different than guids on Mobafire, because they both are made by the same players who are playing the same game. Every single person creates a guide differently, so it isn't about what site you go to it is about how well the guide is written.

There are great guides on both sites. There are horrible guides on both sites.

Eppa

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Colon View Post
This has always REALLY bugged me too. I like to know exactly what I'm getting from an item, not just "enhanced movement." All the other items that buff movespeed give you a value, why not boots?
Boots are static other items are multiplicative.

FaerellG

03-10-2011

It's not just mobafire or leaguecraft. Most of the builds you find on this forum or any "guide" you find is less of a guide and more of a "build".

What's the difference? A build is just a set of items, masteries, spells, and rune.

A guide actually tells you how to to play the character appropriate to the playstyle. Will usually give build diversity and will cover multiple playstyles and options with the character.

Lamaron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Mobafire is no different than Leaguecraft. It's really just preference. There are good and bad guides on both sites, you just have to filter through and find the one's that stand out. Usually the good guides are highly rated for a reason and if you read the whole thing, they do give alternative item builds for different situations. Any guide is going to be situational, it's just a good place to start. Never follow them blindly.

zeirios

03-10-2011

The answer is: Don't use guides.

Surrealist

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootbabe View Post
because mobafire guides are usually one sided and unimaginative.

Also it was sad when i searched up alistar and the top rated one is AP, then under that support, and under that DPS... Sadface.

this struck me as odd

Grovel

03-10-2011

Usually the top leaguecraft/mobafire guides are better than what you'll find asking/seaching these forums.

Just ignore guides that aren't updated with each patch and have very little community feedback.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

No joke...one of the top rated Maokai games states "I just played ONE GAME as Maokai, here is my guide."

T_T

Chaplain Cassius

03-10-2011

I use mobafire for my own builds, just as a reminder for what runes, masteries and general item build I use as a certain champ. I still change my build based on the enemy team however, but it is just nice to have something to look at.

I barely even look at other guides purely because I like playing my champs until I find a build that I feel works well and fits my own play style.