League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CantStopThis

08-10-2009

What does the number at the corner of an item represent?

Do items level up? and if they do, what kind of benefits do they receive?

DarthNinja

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStopThis View Post
What does the number at the corner of an item represent?

Do items level up? and if they do, what kind of benefits do they receive?
The number in the corner (if your talking about consumable items) is how many you have, consumables -like potions- stack.
As far as I've noticed items don't level, but you can 'trade in' items for better ones, for example:
You buy the +50 armor for ~700 gold, and the crit cloak for ~800 gold. You can then later buy an item that builds on those for less then you would buying it without those items, however you do lose the cloak and armor in trade.
So it works like an upgrade/replace system, or you could just say that you're selling your items back and buying the upgrade in one click.

DeVall187

08-12-2009

Yesterday was my first day playing, I chose Master Yi for my first online match. Before you start the match you pick those 2 akills/powers. They had teleport and blind preselected for me so i kept them. I couldn't figure out how to use blind on an opponent, is it not an actual ability that i select who to target with it?

DeVall187

08-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by popo View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is there a way to pan the camera? I'm thinking spinning it while focused on my champ so I can see from a different angle.

Otherwise I've been loving my beta experience and as a fairly old fan of war3 and dota, LoL is exactly the game I want to be playing. Thanks Riot, you guys are rooting me securely in front of my comp!

If you look on the first page of this thread, I believe someone said you can press "y" to unlock your camera and move it around

Korpliklaani

08-25-2009

Thk!

Logam

08-25-2009

nice to know basics like these, congratulations

eineg

08-25-2009

How can i put items i have in my inventory to the ground?
When my 6 slots r full and i just need the recipe for an item combination, do i really have to sell another item for free place?!?!

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eineg View Post
How can i put items i have in my inventory to the ground?
When my 6 slots r full and i just need the recipe for an item combination, do i really have to sell another item for free place?!?!
Unfortunately there is no overflow inventory currently and no way to put stuff on the ground.

It's a feature that has been mentioned many times, but I'm not sure it's going to be in the release. Thankfully, Riot will be supporting this game and adding new features for a long, long time.

Veigar

Producer

08-25-2009
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Eineg: you can finish a recipe at any state of completion by selecting the final item and clicking buy. Having a full inventory will not affect this. Even if you only have 1 of 5 required items and no free slots in your inventory, you can buy the final item directly as long as you have enough gold (it will take the slot your 1 component item is currently using).

eineg

08-25-2009

Ah k!
Cool thx! :-)