Anti tank item for casters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameB1535

03-08-2011

40% of penetration + 15% of masterys= 55%
14 Magical pen runes + 20 sorcerer boots= 34
haunting guise: another 20 pen.
Abyssal Scepter: 20 magical reduction

so, a player with 200 of magical defense

-55%= -110
pen = -54
red = -20
---------------------------

FUUUUUUUU THE TANK HAVENT MAGICAL RESIST!!! if someone like teemo hits tem with malady or something... the reduction will be negative, so your damage will scale up.
(is 20 def makes 10% of damage reduction, -20 makes a 10% plus... only works with reduction, not with penetration, thats why i choose Abyssal and Malady)

and a deathfire grasp there will hurt like ****.

Crayon Puppet

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by **** Happens View Post
40% of penetration + 15% of masterys= 55%
14 Magical pen runes + 20 sorcerer boots= 34
haunting guise: another 20 pen.
Abyssal Scepter: 20 magical reduction

so, a player with 200 of magical defense

-55%= -110
pen = -54
red = -20
---------------------------

FUUUUUUUU THE TANK HAVENT MAGICAL RESIST!!! if someone like teemo hits tem with malady or something... the reduction will be negative, so your damage will scale up.
(is 20 def makes 10% of damage reduction, -20 makes a 10% plus... only works with reduction, not with penetration, thats why i choose Abyssal and Malady)

and a deathfire grasp there will hurt like ****.
% magic pen caps at 49%
aside from that

Sorc Boots
Void Staff
Haunting Guise
Abysmal

That build has a ton of pen and is still pretty horrible. a whoping 165 ap from 4 items with no early game to speak of. Meager surviability. I guess if u go rod rabadons first and start making those items it works out. But thats six items. Why is it bad for one item to be good for casters against tanks aside from void staff.

SupremeDeity

03-08-2011

Well first, don't attack tanks when you're a caster. Second, this item seems to me like it's op

JunSupport

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy View Post
Why does no one ever consider Deathfire Grasp? It's great for bursting down tanks. I use deathfire all the time on casters and tear tanks apart (after the rest of the team) or their high HP carries (vlad).
It's a flimsy one target item that's far weaker then Madred's, with a long cooldown, and when the active IS used, it base stats are useless.

60-ish ap and some mana-regen aren't considered useful generally. The CDR is sorta nice though, but it has low comfortable synergy with champions.

Maybe is they lowered the cooldown, or made the passive add 10% enemy HP per spell cast with a cd of 5 seconds. (cd, cause if it wasn't, Ryze would be OP)

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

OP

zeodrake

03-09-2011

What a caster needs no take care from tanks is mr and health which can be extremely annoying if very high.
A caster could care less if the target has high armor more like the more the better (since they did not spend money on hp and mr) and true damage is a dangerous stat to put on a item so better remove that.

I did this possible build, say if you like it latter
MoonFire Mask[3145g]

Haunting Guise[1485g]+Blasting Wand[860g]+800g
+70 Ability Power
+250 Health
UNIQUE Passive: +30 Magic Penetration
UNIQUE Passive:MoonFire Mask gets a charge after each spell is cast, at 4 charges next spell deals extra 6% magic damage based on the target's maximum health.
Only deals 4% magic damage if the spell is not a single target spell(aoe).

or this passive

UNIQUE Passive:MoonFire Mask gets a charge from spells cast in his vicinity, at 4 charges next spell deals extra 6% magic damage based on the target's maximum health.
Only deals 4% magic damage if the spell is not a single target spell(aoe).

Xement

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

...wait, Why are you. THE CASTER even trying to kill the tank, It's your job to burst down the enemy carries/caster. Leave tank killing to the DPS

Khalahn

03-09-2011

So, if I get this item on Karthus, I should automatically kill everything just by running in with Defile active?

MrCheaterPants

03-09-2011

Void staff, DFG, Sorcerer's Boots, Abyssal Scepter is more than enough to rock the pants off any tank. 40+40% Mpen. Most tanks have what 160ish Mrisist or something around that. That's 88 of their magic resist gone right there. That's quite a big chunk.

Claricorp

03-09-2011

How about.

Void staff.