Want to know why so few of us play a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havelox

03-07-2011

you nubs better get into queue fast.

I'm omw to instalock jax.

And NO FEEDING.

Makoraias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalAdversary View Post
+1.

I've stopped tanking because of this, it's a thankless job and half the time your team leaves you to die after you initiate anyway.
This.

ZodiacLegend

03-07-2011

The OP's statement is true. I rather be playing a "fun" class, but after losing so many games because the lack of tanking (and jungling) and being the team player I am, picked up a tank. Games do feel more stable. I even got some clutch saves, key pushes, and team fight initiates. Not a word of thanks... but it comes with the territory I feel. I'm sure they are thankful, but in the moment, they forget to type it out.

Bottomline: Riot should change the metagame to not be so tank dependant. Nobody wants to tank, it's not a fun job.

Yeboy

Recruiter

03-07-2011

The funny thing is, I usually tank as Malphite, and like you said if I die due to the faults of my team i get scolded, but when i get a good team and save them and they come back and help, I get a "good job" its kinda nice once in a while

Maxmatical

03-07-2011

Go ahead, when you make an amazing play while tanking, brag about it, you deserve it. I found that makes tanking so much more fun when you add a bit of pizzaz

Dairuka

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacLegend View Post
The OP's statement is true. I rather be playing a "fun" class, but after losing so many games because the lack of tanking (and jungling) and being the team player I am, picked up a tank. Games do feel more stable. I even got some clutch saves, key pushes, and team fight initiates. Not a word of thanks... but it comes with the territory I feel. I'm sure they are thankful, but in the moment, they forget to type it out.

Bottomline: Riot should change the metagame to not be so tank dependant. Nobody wants to tank, it's not a fun job.
They could also make it more fun to be a tank, by giving us the same recognition as the K/D/A players get... seriously, say it with me. "PENTA-TANKED!"

cookingbythebook

03-07-2011

I love kids who instant lock free week heroes and then: "TANK?!"

people love to get kills, they don't want to be targeted or focused on

Hoodimin

03-07-2011

Tanks aren't necessary when the entire team is just gonna be tanky dps anyway.

TyrannisUmbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

I play tanks in 80% of games, and I posted to say this:

l2sunfirecape if you want assists.

McComb

03-07-2011

Your reward is having a good team comp and winning game.
If you don't wan't to play tank because you are emo go squishy team and see if it's more rewarding.