Why is AP Kog considered viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

duuude, AP with a Bloodrazor and Malady, the only way I play Kog and it just destroys pretty hard

Wise Squirrel

03-07-2011

His R barely scales with AP, Madreds/AS/Penetration all the way baby.

huhwhat

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSortOfDuck View Post
Because instead of relying completely on 1 ability AP Kog can rely on ALL of them. Besides, he gets more % with his W. He may not hit as fast but he hits harder than a kick in the balls.
I find it debatable that you find his Q is something you can rely on...realistically AP kog really relies on ooze to keep them at distance with damage, and mostly his ult/artillery, especially if hes not building AS for BAB.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Viable? To an extent. It can snowball very well, just like cho's rupture. Get your opponents used to being hit by it, and it turns into the ultimate zone ability. They can't defend their turrets if they don't feel like they can even get to them and live.

Against better players it can be countered... like anything else can be... so you'll want a hard carry rapid firing crits non stop to be safe.

Deb

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
I find it debatable that you find his Q is something you can rely on...realistically AP kog really relies on ooze to keep them at distance with damage, and mostly his ult/artillery, especially if hes not building AS for BAB.
CAN rely on all of them.

IS1499b7451e02f41f2e03d

03-07-2011

AP Kog has a totally different role from AP/AS Kog.

APAS is a carry role.

Pure AP is a teamfight breaker. Tired of those stupid 5v5 teamfights that always seem to happen after you stared at each other for a whole minute while those minion waves surged against each other?

Let the king of poke, AP Kog, roar loudly, and their half-dead team will scatter and retreat after too much harass and give up their towers.

It is artillery in its truest meaning. A barrage that breaks defenses.

Mhm916

03-07-2011

I suppose it's because he's a mage that can sit "off screen" and still do AoE nukes in team fights. And after the whole assassin class threat dies, you can now go in with your W button that's basically a madreds once you actually get 600 AP. Attack speed Kog suffers strongly from being in range of assassins and dying asap most of the time. I still like the aspd build but I do also enjoy the AP for the fun of it.

I HAS CANDY

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood View Post
400 AP and you have another 4% health dmg with BAB
Yes but you won't have the AS to go with it, no? Means more standing still to do less damage right? I guess i should say, when would you use this skill outside of the occasional poke? I'm assuming that LA is gna be your main source of dmg in teamfights of course, please correct me if im wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosuko View Post
Against better players it can be countered... like anything else can be... so you'll want a hard carry rapid firing crits non stop to be safe.
Okay, but why not BE that rapid firing carry? hahah i mean Kog's squishiness and mobility raises questions about his place in the team already, so i guess what im asking here is, is AP just gimicky, and if so, is there any point of playing it in a normal team comp?

Contrary to how i might sound, i really am up for trying out AP kog if it really is the more viable build. I'm just having trouble seeing it right now.

Balaerion

03-07-2011

AP Kog with a Bloodrazer and W active causes his auto to attacks to hit for 14-16% hp anyway kinda worth it imo especially if you get a rylai's for the constant slow on Living Artillery.

Forfeitish

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightFlame89 View Post
AP Kog with a Bloodrazer and W active causes his auto to attacks to hit for 14-16% hp anyway kinda worth it imo especially if you get a rylai's for the constant slow on Living Artillery.
Add a Nunu/Nidalee buff for extra lols and make up for lack of AS items.