[Guide] Wazzabi's Warwick Guide

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlumber View Post
I played a bunch of warwick games this weekend after reading this guide. I did very well in the games where I had teammates who could hold their lanes while I jungled.

I got queue dodged a lot.

When we lost, my teammates said it was because they were fighting 4 vs 5 the whole game, and I contributed nothing (even though I had a better score than them). I was ganking lanes, holding lanes while people went back to buy stuff, taking the opponents red/blue buffs, getting dragon, using hunters call when my teammates were pushing towers... and they said I contributed nothing.

Sigh.
You'll get that. A lot. One game they picked up that I was jungling, had 1 person in each lane and 2 came to comb the jungle and gank me any chance they got. I called for help, no teammates came, so I went to lane. Second I show up, they pop up, go back to laning. Second I went back to the jungle, they hunted me down again. It was a close match none the less but we lost in the end, with my team spouting 'Lol just end it, stupid warwick that tries to lane, fail', yet they refused to help me out and get some easy ganks because of it.

Warwick is not nearly as forgiving as other champs, but he can be viable, the problem is too many people pick him for giggles, do horribly, and his name is ground into the dust. People like our OP here and myself have found ways to make him work, get great scores in games, but still get quedodged. =( You get used to it, though hopefully it will become less frequent with the punishment added in.

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlumber View Post
I played a bunch of warwick games this weekend after reading this guide. I did very well in the games where I had teammates who could hold their lanes while I jungled.

I got queue dodged a lot.

When we lost, my teammates said it was because they were fighting 4 vs 5 the whole game, and I contributed nothing (even though I had a better score than them). I was ganking lanes, holding lanes while people went back to buy stuff, taking the opponents red/blue buffs, getting dragon, using hunters call when my teammates were pushing towers... and they said I contributed nothing.

Sigh.

It's tough, honestly. Everyone will blame you for the loss because you're the easiest character to blame, you don't "directly" contribute. Usually only the better players will acknowledge how important getting dragon 3 times was, or how important you giving them sight of the other team was. The good players will thank you for your great interrupt of that fiddlesticks that was about to kill your whole team.

I've had countless close games, where my team has blamed me for the game being close "if we didnt have warwick, we would've won 20 min ago". Then the other team will turn around with "warwick is owning us, he's the only reason you won". It's because the other team feels the impact more. They realize the effect of the dragon control, the baron buffs, the fact that their carry is getting one shotted at the start of every engagement.

But in their defense, I see a lot of warwicks on my smurf and WOW they are bad. They literally ARE useless.

A Fireflys Grave

02-15-2010

Do you find smite is better than ignite for a pure jungle warwick? I just find that smite is useless after a certain point in the game. I did try smite though, and jungling was really fast, but I found later I lacked alot of offensive (ranged) potential for mid-game.

Wolfheart

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fireflys Grave View Post
Do you find smite is better than ignite for a pure jungle warwick? I just find that smite is useless after a certain point in the game. I did try smite though, and jungling was really fast, but I found later I lacked alot of offensive (ranged) potential for mid-game.
Smite is nice for playing warwick pre-30 when you don't have all of your runes and the likes. Even at 30 if you feel more comfortable with it, just make sure you use it to snipe the harder minions like supercreep and the cannons, also note that it can be used on Tibers as well if you ant to put on an extra bit of hurt that way.

Nero Stern

02-16-2010

Got Warwick yesterday and played a game with him and did awfully. Today I read your guide and tried again and I carried the entire team. Thanks a lot

CoVi

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakovlev View Post
hei, i have around 400 games with warwick, but with lower elo as for sure i am not that pro. i benefited from this guide with some equipment/masteries changes but still dont get the idea of early game help to liners. my normal jungling first trip ends with half of jungle cleared, me with 4th lvl and around 730 gold for madreds. then i go again for second part if i dont need to do any support lining, and either go lvl 6 then gank and score 1 or 2 kills with liners or kill dragon if ganking is impossible.
i cant imagine me jungling AND helping around 3th lvl. therefore i would greatly appretiate if you could make a replay of one of your games and publish it somewhere to learn. that would help me (and other warwicks ) a lot. thx!
Wow you only play Warwick... i've seen your profile 265 wins with warwick, 2 with Jax, 1 with alistar...

Kewl.

xSJx

02-17-2010

Just wondering how well this would work without attack speed runes. I have t3 armor pen runes, but for yellows and blues I only have mana regen and dodge and magic res. Should I grab some t1 blues and yellows to try this out or what? I also am level 27 so I don't have all my masterys yet, but I can't see that being as important . Thanks.

Wazzabi

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fireflys Grave View Post
I promise you smite is never useless. Baron/Dragon steals win games. Also, stealing another player's lizard while he's trying to get it, then killing him with it is very satisfying.

xSJx

02-20-2010

Ok so I'm still curious about runes, see above. But also what do you guys think of the warwick changes on test realm?

A Fireflys Grave

02-21-2010

It's a nerf. It improves his laning, but it's still sub-par. Makes early jungling really, really fast. Really hurts his burst though. Though I've heard they're adding something an active to bloodscent. They just haven't figured out what to put there yet.

12345678 ... 13