[Guide] Wazzabi's Warwick Guide

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheriff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-07-2010

Excellent guide, Wazzabi. I couldn't agree with you more re. picking Warwick: my most played character is Warwick and I always find myself coming back to him despite the overwhelming consensus that he is complete garbage.

I end up using a similar build to you with Warwick and I am able to maintain a 2-1 win ratio with him, although personally I prefer an assortment of crit runes over attack speed / apen. However, I can't agree more regarding your various item build orders.

1 upped.

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

Very Nice guide. It looks like you've put a lot of thought into this.

Wazzabi

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaira View Post
So, someone finally made a decent guide with how to play Warwick. Exciting. Ive played several hundred games with Warwick as well, mostly during beta, but some live as well. My current build with him is to run 21/9/0 and do golem rune at level one, I successfully do it with cloth armor, one health potion and smite and walk away to next creep camp with just over half hp left.

I thought id just comment on this since it seems you and most other junglers do the small camps first, Which I dont think is best personally. But this is a champion that is very much dependent on personal experience, So whatever works for you, I am just throwing my two cents in.
In a perfect world, level 1 golem is best. In my experience, though, going for golem first is just asking to be ganked. Also, since they delayed the large creep's spawn timer, it's just much more efficient to start at the lower creeps.

SaiBot

02-08-2010

Haven't you read the latest Warwick guide ?

1. Don't Pick Warwick
2. See #1

RiskX

Recruiter

02-08-2010

+1 to you wazzabi nice detailed guide I play warwick a lot lately and hes a good champ best way to pick him when you're in a premade or you know your teammates are smart enough to realize having warwick jungle is an advantage

some noobs will q dodge you when you pick him coz they never played him or with a good warwick player.

BankBank

02-08-2010

nice guide, thanks

yakovlev

02-12-2010

hei, i have around 400 games with warwick, but with lower elo as for sure i am not that pro. i benefited from this guide with some equipment/masteries changes but still dont get the idea of early game help to liners. my normal jungling first trip ends with half of jungle cleared, me with 4th lvl and around 730 gold for madreds. then i go again for second part if i dont need to do any support lining, and either go lvl 6 then gank and score 1 or 2 kills with liners or kill dragon if ganking is impossible.
i cant imagine me jungling AND helping around 3th lvl. therefore i would greatly appretiate if you could make a replay of one of your games and publish it somewhere to learn. that would help me (and other warwicks ) a lot. thx!

Tabibito

02-12-2010

Just get Bluebuff/Redbuff asap, than jump into a lane with an enemy without an escape skill and take them down with your allies, than go back into jungle :-)

Its rly simple and no one is expecting a lvl 3/4 Warwick with Redbuff jumping in a lane so early.

ThePlumber

02-15-2010

I played a bunch of warwick games this weekend after reading this guide. I did very well in the games where I had teammates who could hold their lanes while I jungled.

I got queue dodged a lot.

When we lost, my teammates said it was because they were fighting 4 vs 5 the whole game, and I contributed nothing (even though I had a better score than them). I was ganking lanes, holding lanes while people went back to buy stuff, taking the opponents red/blue buffs, getting dragon, using hunters call when my teammates were pushing towers... and they said I contributed nothing.

Sigh.

A Fireflys Grave

02-15-2010

Have you tried flash/ignite?

I usually get doran's ring, and ignite mastery to boost my heal by 20 early game. It has a low cooldown and you can use it on creeps. I find to keep up with exp though I almost always have to gank early, and succesfully.

1234567 ... 13