Alistar Wins Games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fistful of Force

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieatzombies9 View Post
I prefer AD alistar, he munches towers faster and thats what the game is all about
qft

Oh hay, do you watch naruto? it's awesome.

Ieatzombies9

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistful of Force View Post
qft

Oh hay, do you watch naruto? it's awesome.
hmm naruto. i havent seen that show in months lol

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-22-2011

I prefer Shroud and Visage. More stuns/headbutts = more victorious team fights.

jedidioh

02-22-2011

even at max cdr i believe pulverize cd lasts about 9.2

Bunnylover08

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
I prefer Shroud and Visage. More stuns/headbutts = more victorious team fights.
I keep forgetting that Visage give CD.
I've been getting the New Item (75 AP + CD) when I build AP Alistar.
But now im considering Visage.

Eliras

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidioh View Post
even at max cdr i believe pulverize cd lasts about 9.2
Max CDR on Pulv brings you to 9 second CD, 7 s in Headbutt

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnylover08 View Post
I keep forgetting that Visage give CD.
I've been getting the New Item (75 AP + CD) when I build AP Alistar.
But now im considering Visage.
Why would you take Morello's over Deathfire Grasp in the first place?

DFG's active >>>> the cheaper cost and more AP of Morello's.

Prometheius

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chladon View Post

He is just not meant to be a nuker. Idk, I might give it a shot, how do you build him?
I've done 2 builds with him, but I'm starting to prefer my tankier AP one than the squish.

Tanky AP is:

9/0/21 (Get Greed)

Gold Quints
MPen Marks
MP Regen/5/lvl Seals
Mres/lvl Glyphs

Regrowth + HP
Philo Stone + Boots
Kage's Pick for more damage or HoG for survivability
Sheen
The other Gold/min item I didn't get
Mejai's, because at this point I'm usually sitting at 1-2 kills and 3 assists.
Lich Bane for more damage and to round out Mres. I also usually have 10 more AP than AD.
Upgrade Philo into that CDR aura thing.
Randuin's
Sell Kage's for Bveil or Abyssal, depending on if I need more damage or defense.
Grab Blue elixirs when I can for more CDR. Upgrade to Boots 3 when the enemy upgrades their boots or when I start ganking a lot.

Usually, I'm sitting at 300~ AP w/ 39% CDR with some good Mres and Armor. Q+W together are clocking in something like 1.2k, if they have no Mres.

this build lets me stock up on gold ridiculously fast, and I use most of the items anyways. It's like I have 3 kills worth of gold at least by 30 minutes.

Raw AP is something like:

Sapphire + HP pots
Sheen
Boots
Mejai's
Aegis
Lich Bane
Morello's or DFG
Ryali's (Headbutt = SLOW enemy carry = Dead)
Blue Elixirs when needed. Ionian, Boots 3, or Sorc depending on enemy.

DnkyKng

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chladon View Post
I've been playing alistar a lot in ranked lately, I build him tanky with aegis.

I personally find him a great tank built char since he brings dominance in fights as a frontliner and can also sit in the back and babysit carries if you have like a mundo or cho gath to frontline.

He is just not meant to be a nuker. Idk, I might give it a shot, how do you build him?
I build Alistar as an ap nuker/support/offtank. my build is as follows:

Starter items: Boots 3 health pots

eventually build Rod of Ages, and you will need max CDR for your stun and headbutt, since they do have long base cd's... CDR items i get are: Morello's Tome (or you can get DFG if you can remember to actually use it.) Spirit visage (helps yourself become more tank-like and improved heals + CDR) Deathcap (boost in ap is nice) Swiftness boots (i like the extra speed to actually reach their team and stun them) and last, but not least, Either Shurelia's Reverie, or GA/Banshees/ anything for survivability. (Shurelia makes for a good initiating item.)

Summoner spells: Flash, Ghost (flash to initate and Pulverize stun) then Headbutt the Main Target forward towards my carries, or get them away from my carries. Ghost as a different escape ability, OR to catch up to their fleeing carries or support etc. to destroy them. Shurelia's could be used as your escape ability or initiating item so your carris get boost aswell.

From what i have experienced, it helps heaps if you get AP Elixers Early, that way you can nuke better early game, and work your way into a Rod of Ages. my build in order goes like this... boots > RoA > Deathcap > Morello's > Spirit Visage > Shurelia's.

Level off Pulverize first, Secondly Headbutt, it's your choice whether or not you want heal early, if i feel it's needed i get it at 4 (still trying to max my stun first). If you feel you dont need your heal early, wait till level 8 to get it.

Tips: Always Watch your mana, Get mana potions!!!
Try the Headbut/Pulverize combo (knockback/knockup stun 2 in 1 combo) with the elixers it does tremendous damage.
Try laning with someone who can do good damage early game or a combo of multiple disables and damage.
Even Early game, it's okay to use your SS's (around level 2/4) for the flash stun then move behind the target and knock him back to your lane partner, then destroy the enemy!

Also, Alistar is a good tower diver at level 6+, possibly level 4/5 if you know what to do and if they have low enough hp, im sure you can figure it out from there.

Edit: Forgot to state that I use Magic pen reds, CDR yellows, AP/level blues, Flat AP quints... it could be improved im sure.

Galgus

02-22-2011

I go AP Alistar all the time and it is awesome- great for singling out enemies to die in team-fights.

Albeit Sheen and CDR are important to have on all of his builds.

There are a variety of ways to play AP Alistar, I use BoM, Sheen, Mejia's, DFG, SR (Phil stone first item), Deathcap.