Map Control and Awareness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lin Aldo

02-22-2011

This needs an in-game tutorial.

Could also use a 'how and why to jungle' tutorial.

OddSquad

02-22-2011

@Abhimanu- Shaco does extra damage when he hits an enemy from behind. By Spamming JitB at minute 14. He can have the max number of JitB out when baron spawns. With Wriggle's lantern, HP pot, Blue Elixir, and a little luck he can kill it. After the nerf to HP Quints and other nerfs to the game. I think Shaco now requires Rally to solo it. From what I've seen/heard it is pretty much a 50/50 on whether Baron or Shaco dies.

@Lin Aldo- I really wish I was able to do an in-game-tutorial for this but as it is I do not have the software to do that. As for the how and why to jungle tutorial checkout some of Stonewall008's stuff. He can jungle any character and knows way more than I do about jungling. Like I said before, I main support champs, and support never jungles.

But since we are talking about Jungling. Over the last few days I've been noticing people warding my teams wraths and ganking the jungler soon after. I'll be looking into that over the next few day. So look forward to a Jungle Protection/Invasion section being added to the guide.

SILVERTAF

02-22-2011

amazing guide +1

JudoPunch

02-23-2011

This is awesome, im going to bump it.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

Bump for greatness.

OddSquad

02-27-2011

Finally after a long week of school and work I get a chance to update. Updates will most likely be on Saturday or Sunday from now on. ATM I have the guide where I want it and I will continue to update based on new champions that come out.

I also want to say thank you to everyone who bumped this and the 3k+ people who have viewed this already.

OptimisticC

03-05-2011

Nidalee's javelin is one of the skills that disappear on hit.

What's amazing is that when someonr flees around a corner/brush and into the fog of war. You can watch the javelins fly into the fog and see if it disappears, meaning you got a hit.

Nidalee's really good at laying siege on an enemy hiding in brush with traps and javelins, this is amazing during top/bottom laning phase.

CrlmSon

03-05-2011

Great Guide +1

OddSquad

03-07-2011

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of expanding the guide to include Twisted Treeline. At the Moment I haven't played a 3v3 since my first month playing the game so I am going to try learning how to ward it. If you play 3v3 please post what you know about warding it here and I'll reference you in the acknowledgements section.

Abhimanu

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddSquad View Post
@Abhimanu- Shaco does extra damage when he hits an enemy from behind. By Spamming JitB at minute 14. He can have the max number of JitB out when baron spawns. With Wriggle's lantern, HP pot, Blue Elixir, and a little luck he can kill it. After the nerf to HP Quints and other nerfs to the game. I think Shaco now requires Rally to solo it. From what I've seen/heard it is pretty much a 50/50 on whether Baron or Shaco dies.
I tried this.. and failed repeatedly. I walked in at 14, got 4 JiTBs down, Baron spawned at 15ish. Popped off my clone, the two of us kept hitting him from behind. The second the boxes went down with an AoE attack, then the attempt fizzled. The clone died and I found myself solo-ing a very angry Baron with 1/3 of his health left. Needless to say, he would have won if I stuck around based on the slow rate at which I was damaging him.

I use this guide quite often still, so bump, for usefulness.